Sign in to follow this  
Dolev Ravid

pmdg & bbj

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!

I would like to purchase PMDG product but trying to understand if PMDG have the BBJ on their fleet?

if not, there's in option to get it on their's products?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No BBJ exists. And no current option to get it in as fuel. For visual you can use repaints

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW there are several repaints out, that are sufficient for me... my favorite is a BBJ2 repaint for the -800. Search for N737GG.... brilliant.

HTH- C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

repaint if not my problem. the bbj can make almost 4000nm (!)... that's what i'm looking for.
thiny aircraft that can make transatlantic flight :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The longest flight I ever did with a PMDG 737-700 was over 11 hours. Of course, it was done with pilots, 4 passengers and a couple of suitcases. If you find a suitable livery for a BBJ that you like, just load it very light and you will be able to make those transatlantic flights with fuel to spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dolev Ravid said:

repaint if not my problem. the bbj can make almost 4000nm (!)... that's what i'm looking for.
thiny aircraft that can make transatlantic flight :)

I use the PMDG B736 as my BBJ and it will fly transatlantic no problem as long as you are not also trying to go transcontinental.  She will also make it to Hawaii from W Coast no problem.  In fact, I have taken her around the world with the longest leg being between Broom AU to Bangkok.  True, it doesn't have the auxiliary tanks that you would find in a BBJ package but she sure is fun to fly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, downscc said:

I use the PMDG B736 as my BBJ and it will fly transatlantic no problem as long as you are not also trying to go transcontinental.  She will also make it to Hawaii from W Coast no problem.  In fact, I have taken her around the world with the longest leg being between Broom AU to Bangkok.  True, it doesn't have the auxiliary tanks that you would find in a BBJ package but she sure is fun to fly.

Thank you downscs! do you have the repaints of the bbj ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downscc said:

I use the PMDG B736 as my BBJ and it will fly transatlantic no problem as long as you are not also trying to go transcontinental.  She will also make it to Hawaii from W Coast no problem.  In fact, I have taken her around the world with the longest leg being between Broom AU to Bangkok.  True, it doesn't have the auxiliary tanks that you would find in a BBJ package but she sure is fun to fly.

B737-700's are flown by Alaska from the west coast to Hawaii.  There's a British LCC flying -700's or -800's across the NAT.

American is flying A321s to Hawaii as well.  

Check FlightRadar24 and you may be able to find them.

Rich Boll

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a really good 777 BBJ Livery available in the Avsim library, search VP-CAL and you'll find it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ClearedtoLand said:

The longest flight I ever did with a PMDG 737-700 was over 11 hours. Of course, it was done with pilots, 4 passengers and a couple of suitcases. If you find a suitable livery for a BBJ that you like, just load it very light and you will be able to make those transatlantic flights with fuel to spare.

Ahem... 11 Hours? Where was that from and to?  I cannot wrap my head around the thought of a 737 flying for 11 hours straight.  For that matter, thinking of sitting my (awkwardly) tall but narrow frame in an economy seat of a 737 (or comparably sized bird) for 11 hours is something that makes me feel a little bit uneasy... :P (If I could chat to the pilots in the flight, it might change my mind though...)

Edited by Guest
Improved phrasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, richjb2 said:

B737-700's are flown by Alaska from the west coast to Hawaii.  There's a British LCC flying -700's or -800's across the NAT. American is flying A321s to Hawaii as well.

 

Qantas and Virgin Australia fly the 737-800 from Sydney to Bali daily.  Fiji Airways also flies between the Australian East Coast (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) with Boeing 737-800/700's.  Fiji Airways also flies between Nadi and Honolulu with a Boeing 737-800. (However, I believe that that requires a stop over in Apia if certain conditions aren't met.)

ETOPS and the range you can squeeze out of a 737 (or the babybus equivalent) now is pretty remarkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VHOEI said:

Ahem... 11 Hours? Where was that from and to?  I cannot wrap my head around the thought of a 737 flying for 11 hours straight.  For that matter, thinking of sitting my (awkwardly) tall but narrow frame in an economy seat of a 737 (or comparably sized bird) for 11 hours is something that makes me feel a little bit uneasy... :P (If I could chat to the pilots in the flight, it might change my mind though...)

This is a BBJ we're talking about, mind you, so no economy seats in question as far as I'm aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VHOEI said:

Ahem... 11 Hours? Where was that from and to?  I cannot wrap my head around the thought of a 737 flying for 11 hours straight.  For that matter, thinking of sitting my (awkwardly) tall but narrow frame in an economy seat of a 737 (or comparably sized bird) for 11 hours is something that makes me feel a little bit uneasy... :P (If I could chat to the pilots in the flight, it might change my mind though...)

I'm not sure, it was a long time ago, but it may have been Diego Garcia to Accra Ghana.

I will try to recreate the flight tonight to see whether it was that one and then make a note of passengers, cargo, fuel, distance, CI, cruise altitude, and what all of that results in.

And speaking as someone who has done Qantas 63 and 64 between FAOR and YSSY, spending 14 hours in economy class is not a lot more fun in a jet much bigger than the 737. I think Australia owes the world collectively an apology, have a spectacular country but hide it away in some near inaccessible corner of the world ... that's cruel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ClearedtoLand said:

I'm not sure, it was a long time ago, but it may have been Diego Garcia to Accra Ghana.

I will try to recreate the flight tonight to see whether it was that one and then make a note of passengers, cargo, fuel, distance, CI, cruise altitude, and what all of that results in.

And speaking as someone who has done Qantas 63 and 64 between FAOR and YSSY, spending 14 hours in economy class is not a lot more fun in a jet much bigger than the 737. I think Australia owes the world collectively an apology, have a spectacular country but hide it away in some near inaccessible corner of the world ... that's cruel!

No apologies from me mate! :P We’re in a great place, away from everything... (I know this is contradicting my statement below but as long as I have a view of the world outside the aluminium tube, can stand up in the aisle and have music, I’m happy to be on a plane.)

I know that economy is economy regardless of the aircraft but on a small single aisle aircraft, but the larger size and two isles of a wide body is something I like a lot (I’m not claustrophobic but I do like the feeling of space and the ability to stand up occasionally during cruise)...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VHOEI said:

No apologies from me mate! :P We’re in a great place, away from everything... (I know this is contradicting my statement below but as long as I have a view of the world outside the aluminium tube, can stand up in the aisle and have music, I’m happy to be on a plane.)

I know that economy is economy regardless of the aircraft but on a small single aisle aircraft, but the larger size and two isles of a wide body is something I like a lot (I’m not claustrophobic but I do like the feeling of space and the ability to stand up occasionally during cruise)...

 

I’ll accept your no apology since you guys have to suffer the same fate when you want to come and visit the rest of us. We’ll call it evens ... like the scoreline between the Wallabies and the Springboks last weekend.

Ok, so back to what a BBJ can do in the world of flight simming. First, I am convinced that the flight I referenced in my first post was from Diego Garcia to Accra, but I am not so sure of the duration of the flight now. This morning when I read your reply, I wasn’t quite sure whether it was from Diego Garcia to Accra, or to Abidjan Ivory Coast, so I loaded up Diego Garcia to Abidjan. Here are the details.

FJDG to DIAP distance: 4632NM

Actual distance Flown: 4651NM

Route: Direct

Flight Time: 11 hours 13 Minutes

TOW: 59.3 Tons

ZFW: 38.4 Tons (Load Level 4.4%)

Fuel Load: 20.891 Tons (100%)

Reserves: 2 Tons

FMC Predicted Reserves at Take Off: 1.3 Tons

FOB at DIAP after engine shutdown: 1.88 Tons

Fuel Used: 19.11 Tons

Cost Index: 0

Initial Cruise Altitude: 39 000FT

Step Climb to 41 000FT after 4 hours

FMC Predicted Reserves after Step Climb: 1.7 Tons

FOB at TOD: 2.3 Tons

So, in conclusion, the PMDG 737 700 can do 11 hour flights, but the margin of error is so tiny that it shouldn’t. And I am not even sure that if I repeat that flight ten times, that it would make it ten times.

Something quite interesting about the flight was the speed near TOD, the plane was cruising at Mach 0.68 with a 16 knot tail wind. I have never seen the plane crawling along at that speed before.

I am sure that just about everything about that flight violates every last aviation regulation, but we’ll call it an experimental flight and the four passengers weren’t high ranking Nigerian armed forces personnel but lowly paid aircraft engineers who were “encouraged” to “volunteer” for the flight. Still, all good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2017 at 9:38 AM, ClearedtoLand said:

I’ll accept your no apology since you guys have to suffer the same fate when you want to come and visit the rest of us. We’ll call it evens ... like the scoreline between the Wallabies and the Springboks last weekend.

Ok, so back to what a BBJ can do in the world of flight simming. First, I am convinced that the flight I referenced in my first post was from Diego Garcia to Accra, but I am not so sure of the duration of the flight now. This morning when I read your reply, I wasn’t quite sure whether it was from Diego Garcia to Accra, or to Abidjan Ivory Coast, so I loaded up Diego Garcia to Abidjan. Here are the details.

FJDG to DIAP distance: 4632NM

Actual distance Flown: 4651NM

Route: Direct

Flight Time: 11 hours 13 Minutes

TOW: 59.3 Tons

ZFW: 38.4 Tons (Load Level 4.4%)

Fuel Load: 20.891 Tons (100%)

Reserves: 2 Tons

FMC Predicted Reserves at Take Off: 1.3 Tons

FOB at DIAP after engine shutdown: 1.88 Tons

Fuel Used: 19.11 Tons

Cost Index: 0

Initial Cruise Altitude: 39 000FT

Step Climb to 41 000FT after 4 hours

FMC Predicted Reserves after Step Climb: 1.7 Tons

FOB at TOD: 2.3 Tons

So, in conclusion, the PMDG 737 700 can do 11 hour flights, but the margin of error is so tiny that it shouldn’t. And I am not even sure that if I repeat that flight ten times, that it would make it ten times.

Something quite interesting about the flight was the speed near TOD, the plane was cruising at Mach 0.68 with a 16 knot tail wind. I have never seen the plane crawling along at that speed before.

I am sure that just about everything about that flight violates every last aviation regulation, but we’ll call it an experimental flight and the four passengers weren’t high ranking Nigerian armed forces personnel but lowly paid aircraft engineers who were “encouraged” to “volunteer” for the flight. Still, all good fun.

That...

That is really, really impressive.

If the 737 was cruising a little bit above the speed of a fast prop by the end of the flight, then I guess 11 hours of flight are possible.  Wow though, that is truly incredible!

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this