Sign in to follow this  
ai1

voxatc volume problem

The voices of voxatc (voxpop) are very quiet and difficult to hear (p3d V4). In the windows volume mixer I see that the volume always jumps back to about half of all other sound volumes. Why is this? If used on headphones it could be to protect from setting too loud, but on the same speakers as the sim, it makes it very hard to hear even with the volumes to max in the voxatc voice configuration. 

Most of the time the clicking sound when pressing the ptt button does not play or cannot be heard.

And one other question, when assigning buttons or keys how do you remove button settings to nothing? The only way I found to remove a button or key press was by replacing it with another one.

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the reply, but yes I have. The problem is that the volume in windows volume mixer always jumps back to a lower volume for voxatc.  Does anyone else experience this? I tried switching exclusive control on and of in audio device settings, but it made no difference. Maybe some other audio program is interfering?

17 minutes ago, ai1 said:

Thanks for the reply, but yes I have. The problem is that the volume in windows volume mixer always jumps back to a lower volume for voxatc.  Does anyone else experience this? I tried switching exclusive control on and of in audio device settings, but it made no difference. Maybe some other audio program is interfering?

Try going to Control Panel-Sound-Communications and check Windows is not reducing the volume there.
(Check the Do Nothing" box.)

gb.

On 2017/10/10 at 6:22 AM, gboz said:

Try going to Control Panel-Sound-Communications and check Windows is not reducing the volume there.
(Check the Do Nothing" box.)

gb.

This works for me!!!

Great THX

For me it was already set to do nothing. Voxatc is the only program I have this issue with.

I have exactly the same problem, some voices low volume, others OK. The same voice might be OK on one flight and soft on the next. It would appear that it is not the voice itself that triggers the low volume but when that voice is used by VoxATC e.g. maybe the third/fourth voice used by the program?