Rodrigo Barbosa

Freezing, stutters on P3D v4.1

Hello all!

I'm having a strange problem in Prepar3D v 4.1: everytime I use right mouse click to turn a knob or flick a switch, the simulator stops and freezes for a few seconds.

Then the screen flickers, the switch or knob changes position and the right mouse button menu opens.

It started after upgrading to 4.1.

I'm using 60 Hz refresh rate, unlimited frames and vertical sync. Video card is NVidia 1070 GTX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Save your p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off.  Restart P3D and let the config build a new config.  See if it continues.  Make sure P3D.cfg is used to control your video card and your graphics card settings are the default for P3D.

Also, did you install any addon? I have had the same problem while installing an airport which wasn't compatible

Well, regarding add-ons...

I have PMDG 737, A2A's Connie, C172and C182 and ORBX Global with Vector.

Too much add-ons, maybe they are not ready for 4.1 (although A2A released an update on the 10th).

I tried deleting the config file. Didn't work. Now when I give a command with the mouse, like changing the mixture or throttle, the sim stops, freezes, and then 20 seconds later it responds. 

Really unplayable.

I do habe FSUIPC 5 installed, I'll look to see if it is interfering with something.

3 minutes ago, Rodrigo Barbosa said:

FSUIPC 5 installed, I'll look to see if it is interfering with something.

Make sure the fsuipc5 is up to date as it is updated when bugs are found and that could have been 2 hours ago.

Jim,

Thanks.

Problem solved.

I updated to FSUIPC5 version 5.121b, and now it is working perfectly.

Thank you for the tip.

P.S.: Never thought that FSUIPC would have anything to do with it. Flight Simulators: living and learning! :emu: 

I've experienced similar behavior with the mouse causing stuttering and the "b" FSUIPC 5 update "fixed" it. But I think that there's something wrong with the P3d4 Mouse Look/Mouse Yoke logic even when both are supposedly disabled and the FSUIPC update masked the problem in the sim.

Hi all, Where exactly can I find FSUIPC5 version 5.121b?

Troy

47 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

FSUIPC5 update 5.121c

What is this...Is this for certain an updated version?

UPDATE:

Well, it still remains.

Eithers FSUIPC 5 "b" or "c" updates didn't solve the problem.

Everytime I use the right mouse button to flip a switch, the sim freezes, processes some application outside the sim, and then the sim accepts the given command and works normally.

I disbaled mouse yoke and mouse look, and no success, the bug still remains. 

I believe it is something related to P3D v4.1 itself, not FSUIPC.   

Make sure that you create a thread about this on the official LM forum if you haven't already done so. Also, read over Pete Dowson's thread again about this issue on the official FSUIPC forum. He made a comment about disabling the <spacebar> P3d4 keyboard shortcut (Toggle Mouse Look) but I wasn't sure what he meant.

I had the same 20 second pause which was precluded by a slight stutter on the ground-roll during takeoff.  I did notice a message on the client PC that my server (sim PC) was no longer connected to the network.  I disabled the few contents of the dll.xml and exe.xml and it did not resolve the issue.  I uninstalled P3D v3 and P3D v4.1 and have reinstalled v4.1 only.  I did not have any issues with mouse clicking.

So far I have installed the following one by one, no pauses as of yet:

FSUIPC5

FSForce Yoke

Orbx Global, Vector, OpenLC Europe, OpenLC Alaska & Canada, Orbx Library

Carendado DO228

PMDG 737 Base

Using the following apps:

ActiveSky for P3D v4 (networked)

Naturalpoint TrackIr 5

I'm really curious what NVidia drivers people are using for P3dv4 and P3Dv4.1? Would love to know what most people are experiencing. Are people still using 376.33? I've been experiencing massive stutters since upgrading to 4.1. Prior to 4.1, I used 376.33 in 4.0 which was flawless, but the same driver in 4.1 produced massive stutters, which occurred every 40sec for about 2-3 seconds intervals (Very annoying). I've tried a few other drivers, including Nvidia's latest official 387.92 , but that was absolutely horrible. Currently, I'm using a hotfix driver 387.98 found here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98. So far it has lots of promises. Its the best so far in my opinion, though I'm still testing it out just to make sure its the right one for me. Maybe some of you should give it a try.

2 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

I'm really curious what NVidia drivers people are using for P3dv4 and P3Dv4.1? Would love to know what most people are experiencing. Are people still using 376.33? I've been experiencing massive stutters since upgrading to 4.1. Prior to 4.1, I used 376.33 in 4.0 which was flawless, but the same driver in 4.1 produced massive stutters, which occurred every 40sec for about 2-3 seconds intervals (Very annoying). I've tried a few other drivers, including Nvidia's latest official 387.92 , but that was absolutely horrible. Currently, I'm using a hotfix driver 387.98 found here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98. So far it has lots of promises. Its the best so far in my opinion, though I'm still testing it out just to make sure its the right one for me. Maybe some of you should give it a try.

If I am reading all this, I am asking where is the benefit of updating to 4.1 if everthing was good in 4.0 (unless you use VR)?

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

If I am reading all this, I am asking where is the benefit of updating to 4.1 if everthing was good in 4.0 (unless you use VR)?

Version 4.1 of the SDK corrected a lot of bugs from Simconnect that were present since FSX, as a result many developers will need to "Correct their Add-on's" to work correctly under PD3 4.1. One of the bugs were "wrong" units of measurement being reported by the ESP engine from Simconnect, this is why EZdok, A2A and many other tools broke as soon as version 4.1 was released.

The position is that now all developers will start using the new SDK as it is now corrected and working "as it should have been" 10 years ago, so you will find soon lots of Add-on's will be only compatible with version 4.1 or higher, so if you don't "UPDATE" you would be unable to apply updates from many of your favourite developers.

For example, if you have version 4.0 and you apply the latest updates from ASCA or A2A they will not work correctly, and accordingly they are advising users to do not install their latest updates until you are fully upgraded to 4.1.

The consequences are that if you don't update to 4.1, you will find yourself on an unsupported platform as developers will continue moving forward with the new SDK delivering updates for tools with new features, fixes, etc. that you would be unable to install and use under V4.0.

Best Regards,

Simbol

On 10/16/2017 at 7:06 PM, Cargostorm said:

Agree wholeheartedly.  This updating business gets more and more problematic and certainly not the quite simple exercise we were all told it was when 4.1 was released.

Bruceb

Guys, I'm having this same reported problem and have already searched everywhere for a solution. What I realized is that every time I right click with the mouse and it freezes, as soon as I move the mouse to my other monitor it works again. Can anyone help?

On 16/10/2017 at 11:22 PM, Rodrigo Barbosa said:

UPDATE:

Well, it still remains.

Eithers FSUIPC 5 "b" or "c" updates didn't solve the problem.

Everytime I use the right mouse button to flip a switch, the sim freezes, processes some application outside the sim, and then the sim accepts the given command and works normally.

I disbaled mouse yoke and mouse look, and no success, the bug still remains. 

I believe it is something related to P3D v4.1 itself, not FSUIPC.   

Anyone had this problem solved? I'm having the same problem here on P3D V4.2 and FSUIPC 5.124

Thx...

Not sure why no one is updating to v4.2 which fixed a lot of bugs in 4.1.  I mean, it's a free update!

26 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Not sure why no one is updating to v4.2 which fixed a lot of bugs in 4.1.  I mean, it's a free update!

I'm already on 4.2...