Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate traffic live

The only one that does is PSXseeconTraffic as it uses FR24 real time data to inject traffic. You will need to have your own aircraft for it to display and it's also a subscription based product. It's also limited by FR24 coverage which obviously doesn't extend over the oceans or certain parts of the world and also many airports where aircraft movements on the ground are without transponders on.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

UTL doesn't ever change routes and even though it may be flying a pre-programmed flight planned route, it may greatly differ from what's used irl.

Can't be the case for every single flight I take, there's plenty of traffic around the airports that I'm departing from and arriving to, yet once you get to the cruise, it's entirely DEAD for me. ORD-DEN is a pretty busy route as it is connecting both coasts, not to mention I'd expect to see a few flights around KOMA, but nope none at all.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

OK as a test I took off from ORD heading to DEN. Approaching Cedar Rapids on FR24 (purely for numbers sake) I see approx 14-18 aircraft within an 80nm or so radius or my approximate position. UTL using the same time and day has 20 aircraft with it's traffic bubble around my aircraft. Seems like a fairly reasonable number to me. Over Des Moines, I see 10 aircraft in UTL and about the same amount on FR24 including a couple of the same flight number and city pairings. Keep in mind that UTL doesn't use real time data so the flights are generally not going be the same flights as seen in FR24. Also of note is that UTL doesn't show ground traffic for me when I'm above FL180 to further reduce load on the sim.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

OK as a test I took off from ORD heading to DEN. Approaching Cedar Rapids on FR24 (purely for numbers sake) I see approx 14-18 aircraft within an 80nm or so radius or my approximate position. UTL using the same time and day has 20 aircraft with it's traffic bubble around my aircraft. Seems like a fairly reasonable number to me. Over Des Moines, I see 10 aircraft in UTL and about the same amount on FR24 including a couple of the same flight number and city pairings. Keep in mind that UTL doesn't use real time data so the flights are generally not going be the same flights as seen in FR24. Also of note is that UTL doesn't show ground traffic for me when I'm above FL180 to further reduce load on the sim.

Well. I'll be doing additional testing and hopefully show you some screens with the AI list I have en route to SFO tonight.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

12 hours ago, OldFlyboy said:

I feel your pain but Mine is even worse: Neither UTLive  nor UT2 will work in P3D v4 for me. Planes pop into position for a second or two and then disappear, never to be seen again.

As a result I'm sticking with P3D v3 and enjoying good old UT2 (have not even tried UTLive there). I fear that my money for UTLive may never produce anything

Is the target fps slider turned on and too high or max number of AI set too low? As these might lead to the disappearing ai.

10 hours ago, him225 said:

Is the target fps slider turned on and too high or max number of AI set too low? As these might lead to the disappearing ai.

I have followed the recommended settings for every tab and experimented with various others. None work. The fact that both UT2 and UTLive behave exactly the same would seem to indicate that 4P3D v4 or some program in my PC is at fault.

I wasted so much time trying to get either to work that I have not even flown P3D v4 since the update. P3d v3 is okay so I'm staying with it for now.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

4 minutes ago, OldFlyboy said:

I have followed the recommended settings for every tab and experimented with various others. None work. The fact that both UT2 and UTLive behave exactly the same would seem to indicate that 4P3D v4 or some program in my PC is at fault.

I wasted so much time trying to get either to work that I have not even flown P3D v4 since the update. P3d v3 is okay so I'm staying with it for now.

Have you installed the correct SimConnect libraries? Look inside your PD3V4 redistribution folder and install all the SimConnect libraries excluding Russian and Japanese.

Simbol 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Have you installed the correct SimConnect libraries? Look inside your PD3V4 redistribution folder and install all the SimConnect libraries excluding Russian and Japanese

Thanks for trying to help but I have done that also (even a few other simconnects).

At this point I'm guessing that a complete uninstall/reinstall of P3Dv4 is the only thing left to try. Tried already With UTLive (twice) with no luck.

I MAY install UTLive in P3Dv3 eventually but at this point It does not appear to be any better than UT2

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

2 hours ago, OldFlyboy said:

Have you tried turning on ut2 log to see what it says? Also running with temporarily disabling any other modules would confirm if some addon is interfering.

I don't remember seeing anyone mention (for those who are having trouble actually seeing traffic) the fact that most with that problem do mention seeing aircraft for a second or two. That, to me, clearly indicates that UTlive is working, but something is shutting UT down. Fortunately, I don't have that problem. him225's suggestion of looking at logs seems appropriate, even Windows logs. It's obvious to me that the problem is down to system setup, could involve firewalls, anti-virus or P3D setup (which could be hardest to diagnose) all-in-all though, life is short and it might not be worth it to hassle with.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 10/23/2017 at 7:02 PM, Dave_YVR said:

I finally got it sorted, my version was patched over multiple times. I've installed the full .23 and there's an obvious improvement. Now that it works I want to start mapping missing liveries, the amount of missing repaints is borderline scandalous for the AI traffic software. 

Jacek G.

10 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I finally got it sorted, my version was patched over multiple times. I've installed the full .23 and there's an obvious improvement. Now that it works I want to start mapping missing liveries, the amount of missing repaints is borderline scandalous for the AI traffic software. 

Do you know how to remove liveries?  I see your avatar is UAL.  For example when I go to an airport, UAL shows all 3 liveries (new, tulip, battleship).  I would think there would be an easy way to remove some old ones so the current remain.  Delta has the old ones too.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

One other possible reason for disappearing aircraft may be if you are using the FSUIPC AI Limiter within its config file. I had to reset mine to off after installing UTL.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Do you know how to remove liveries? 

Just use the UTL GUI to remove the paints from service. It's very easy, I think I had gone in and removed a bunch of the old liveries before my first boot of the sim when I first installed UTL.

Under configuration and just below that highlight Aircraft, over on the left where it says Scheduled AI Traffic Aircraft Selection you want to sort by Airline. Find the airline you want and then choose the operator United and United for instance. Next, select each type and on the right side of the screen it shows the aircraft assignments, just remove the ones you don't want to see being sure to adjust the percentage to total back at 100. Once done, hit save repaints on the bottom right and move on. You need to select the Save Repaints between every aircraft type otherwise your changes won't save.