Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate traffic live

And yet again I will never receive any answer on my question about what UTLive actually provides that UT2 not already offers... Anyone? ;-)

BTW: this traffic reset issue is also present in the UT2 version. I fear that I will have to switch to UTLive simply because this won't be ever fixed in UT2 anymore...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

16 minutes ago, AnkH said:

And yet again I will never receive any answer on my question about what UTLive actually provides that UT2 not already offers... Anyone? ;-)

BTW: this traffic reset issue is also present in the UT2 version. I fear that I will have to switch to UTLive simply because this won't be ever fixed in UT2 anymore...

I can't answer your questions, I am not the developer or a reseller of this software, and never used UT2 as I was using Traffic 360 back in FSX-SE. So I cannot compare the products to give you a proper answer, etc.

I am a mere user trying to help users here based on my own experience and knowledge.

You should head over flight1 and ask them directly.

I have seen that UTL flights plans use proper routes (not direct routes) So planes are following aeronautical routes, etc.

But I don't if this is something that UT2 already does.

Simbol 

35 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Prepar3d4 compatibility out of the box.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Functionally nothing significant except for two fixes from UT2:

1. Traffic over water

2. Traffic reset on accessing sim menu (or so I read it had been fixed)

If UT2 didn't have the above two bugs or they were to be fixed with a patch, I would imagine not many would bother with UTLive.

So, as the bug with resetting the traffic still exists, it remains really only the issue about traffic over water. Now you might realize why I asked this (I also asked it in the Flight1 forum, the response is still missing there):

- UT2 works perfectly in Prepar3d. Only thing the developer would have to adjust is renaming "FSX" with "P3D", then it would have been compatible even without changing anything else...

- The traffic over water fix could have been added to UT2...

So, in the end, there is already a properly functioning traffic tool from Ultimate Traffic (UT2) that also has a working PowerPack to include own flightplans.

I simply do not get the idea behind UTLive. It would have been far easier to simply adjust UT2 for Prepar3d support. It was everything there, and it works...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I feel your pain but Mine is even worse: Neither UTLive  nor UT2 will work in P3D v4 for me. Planes pop into position for a second or two and then disappear, never to be seen again.

As a result I'm sticking with P3D v3 and enjoying good old UT2 (have not even tried UTLive there). I fear that my money for UTLive may never produce anything

• Upvote 1

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

9 hours ago, nels161 said:

As for Simbol, I just looked at their forum. No mention of the beta your talking about. 

Hello Nels-you couldn't find the latest beta because it was not generally released. The developer recently asked only for forum members that were having recurring problems to test the new beta.  You had to send him an email listing your specific problems and then he'd release the newest beta to you requesting feedback on those problems.

I think they are going in the right direction.

That said, the beta is certainly not everyone's cup of tea and I can understand your frustrations. 

I hope Flight 1 gets all the issues ironed out, because it's fundamentally a good addon.

Jay

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

9 hours ago, nels161 said:

As for Simbol, I just looked at their forum. No mention of the beta your talking about. It would be nice to let the people reading the UTL forum know what progress is happening. Nothing at all from the developer. PROATC at least lets it's readers know when a new bets has been sent to the beta team keeping them informed.

Nels

If you are a licensed user of UTL you can clearly read Thomas Main communication published the 11/OCT/2017  where he is reaching out to all users with an update about the project and also asking people to email him directly with their problems so they can be added to the list of fixes, he also gave the opportunity to anybody interested to become part of the latest beta test team.

Information is here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=15469&title=update-10-11-17

Since many people cannot be bothered to go the supported forums in order to find information, here it is:

Hi All,

Wanted to give an update on the update and request some testing help.

I have been trying diligently to track down the crash on some users systems when running a prepar3d version, and I need some extra testers who are experiencing this issue.  Currently we can not find any issue in the initialization and startup of utl, just when first event from simconnect is fired.  I need to verify this with other users experiencing this problem.

I am also keeping two separate code sets of the user interface currently.  I have made as many of the requested changes as possible in one set, and current release in my testing set.  I want to verify a prepar3d fix before blending the two together.  While it is still apart, any last feature requests can be handled more easily.  Here is the chance to get your desire feature in!

If you would like to help test the crash issue and new features, directly contact me with the following information, I will email links to the testing files for crash testers tomorrow, and new user interface updates next tuesday.

Email following...

1.  Name, country you are from and timezone

2.  What Flight Simulators do you use utLive with?

3.  Basic computer specs.

4.  Are you experiencing the crash on prepar3d?

5.  What one feature do you want fixed or added (no guarantees on these, just a possible)

email to xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx  Subject:  UTL Update Testing

Thanks, update coming on line soon!

NOTE: I masked the email address as I am not authorised to distribute it, if you are really interested to be part of the tests go ahead and read the original post inside the licensed users forums.

I took the opportunity and I am now part of it, Thomas accepted me as part of his beta team despite the fact I am also a comercial developer and what tools I am developing (I told him) so no reason why normal users as you wouldn't be accepted.

Currently I have version 1.28 of UTL where the public version is 1.23, I have no idea why you wouldn't believe what I am saying, what is the point or benefit for me to made this up?:blink:

Best Regards,

Simbol

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, pmb said:

I made a little batch file killing utl_client (and SODE with a similar issue). This batch is called via SimStarter every time in advance of starting Prepar3d, thus it's no longer an issue for me, but I recall it was before.

And thanks Simbol for the info, I am very glad to hear they're going to resolve this.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Micheal I was going crazy at first wondering why it was doing that till I came to the forums.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Version 1.28 is closing properly after shutting down PD3 so you would not need this in the future.

Simbol 

Sounds good Simbol.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have no addon traffic solution for P3D V4 yet and in no way am I rushed to buy one.  I will see what the next update to UT live has, and if it's worth it I'll pick it up at that time.  

I also gave up on it for the time being. Took a mid afternoon flight yesterday ORD-DEN. Once got to FL300, not a single aircraft visible or heard mid-air until about 40nm from DEN. Took a pretty standard route which was in use yesterday by most ORD-DEN flights. There are still plenty of issues with this thing.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I guess it must be system specific because other than it just stopping working ONCE when I started it up, I'm having no issues at all. Now I'm not a purist in that the liveries must be up to date and all that but I get plenty of AI on the ground and in the air. AS expected, when flying in the Los Angeles area, I see a lot more than when cruising in Idaho but I always see them.

Frankly, to me, one of the biggest positives is the fact that the sim loads so quickly now, not having to preload all the MT6 models, etc.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Took a pretty standard route which was in use yesterday by most ORD-DEN flights.

UTL doesn't ever change routes and even though it may be flying a pre-programmed flight planned route, it may greatly differ from what's used irl.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

4 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

UTL doesn't ever change routes and even though it may be flying a pre-programmed flight planned route, it may greatly differ from what's used irl.

Does any AI program vary up the route?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)