Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Is that on X-plane? (New FTX Netherlands shots)

JV has just admitted those screenshots actually come from X-Plane and why (sorry, no link).
I think this pretty much explains and closes this issue.

27 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Yes, I've asked JV for clarification on why this has happened. It's worrying indeed.

But hey, show's that people want what we have for free in X-Plane :-)

That's a positive note, however, they should not use ANY of your work without your consent, ESPECIALLY for a payware product.

I respect ORBX and own many of their products (back from my FSX days), but that is plagarism. Also, JV not seeing the difference between a P3D and an X-plane screenshot? I don't know...

6 minutes ago, domae001 said:

W2XP for P3D confirmed! Makes for a handy product title like W2XP2P3DV4...

I love it ! :biggrin:

I would suggest a minor modification: W2XP4P3DV4

:biggrin:

JV has responded about this, it was a mess up and they have been using W2XP for various reasons. The interesting thing to come out of all of this is that they are still developing for X-Plane.

11 minutes ago, domae001 said:

W2XP for P3D confirmed! Makes for a handy product title like W2XP2P3DV4...

No. Orbx will develop for X-Plane. Or, to use JV words " the cat is out of the bag that Orbx is developing for XP".
Now it's official.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tonywob said:

JV has responded about this, it was a mess up and they have been using W2XP for various reasons.

"Various reasons"??? This has a bad taste for me...

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Geez give JV a break, if you bothered to read his explanation it is very clear he mistakenly assumed shots he was given by his developers some time ago were from P3D when in fact they were using Ortho2XP and W2XP for experimenting with XP11. Stop trying to cook up conspiracy theories when there's nothing to speculate about.

He's apologised and not pulled the topic, give the man credit. I for one would like to see them developing for XP IMHO.

• Upvote 3

Yep, let's leave this now guys. JV apologised, admitted the mistake and explained what's going on instead of deleting the post.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

"Various reasons"??? This has a bad taste for me...

Why? Wouldn't you have it on your machine if you would develop something similar? And it is pretty obvious that they would not sell something that is the work of someone else as it would only take 5 min for someone to recognize. 

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

8 hours ago, hamoody said:

You do realize there are two different threads with two different sets of pictures, right? 

The images in this thread are from P3D (which is where dgraham's image upthread came from) 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144036-eu-netherlands-photoreal-alpha-shots/

I do now. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

No doubt the Orbx skirmish into XP11 will generate some interest in XP.

Could  folk who are running both P3D v4 & XP11 give their thoughts as to which ITHO, is better as regards - scenery visual realism, weather, aircraft FDE & visual appearance. Perhaps overall?

& any other aspects of Sims that they look for?

Thanks

T45

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

Why? Wouldn't you have it on your machine if you would develop something similar? And it is pretty obvious that they would not sell something that is the work of someone else as it would only take 5 min for someone to recognize. 

well if you know something about the way the scenery is done in x-plane, there is no way to use the current orbx way of doing things in x-plane. pretty much w2xpl is state of the art in that regard. 

the biggest issue of w2xpl is that the models are not optimzed and from different sources and that there is no uniform single source. So the way orbx would release it imho is colour corrected photoscenery with w2xpl style placed objects and improved models. So while it is of course not illegal, it does have a funny taste.  its borrowing a car, rebuilding it completely putting another colour and batch on and sell it. 

Of course they could only use it as analyzing the competitor and everything else is just coincidence ;)