Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Is that on X-plane? (New FTX Netherlands shots)

2 hours ago, dgraham1284 said:

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Sorry guys, that's P3dV4 and I use both sims on a regular basis. The lighting is either from PTA or maybe even EnvShade which looks even a hair better. The autogen is all ORBX. I had to laugh that someone mentioned the "+" mouse cursor, but that's also from P3d. Obviously, hardly anybody uses that mode.

You do realize there are two different threads with two different sets of pictures, right? 

The images in this thread are from P3D (which is where dgraham's image upthread came from) 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144036-eu-netherlands-photoreal-alpha-shots/

And the images in this thread are from XPlane 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144238-eu-netherlands-photoreal-a-few-more/

Ignoring the text or the crosshair, I have a really hard time understanding how someone can think that both of these shots were taken in the same sim. The clouds, atmosphere, autogen, water textures, and rendering are very different. Again, no idea why John would say it isn't XP, but I know the sim when I see it.  

9iF3Wo5.jpg

ZeFWOtu.jpg

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, hamoody said:

Ignoring the text or the crosshair, I have a really hard time understanding how someone can think that both of these shots were taken in the same sim. The clouds, atmosphere, autogen, water textures, and rendering are very different. Again, no idea why John would say it isn't XP, but I know the sim when I see it.  

Yeah, I'm with you, no matter what Mr. Venema said, It's not possible this second shot was took on P3D. And is really noticiable the difference between the two pictures you posted.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Interesting. If I had to vote, I'd say the ones that people are saying are XP, are indeed XP. Those clouds look a whole lot like default XP clouds to me. And that thin white band on the horizon looks like XP as well.

If it's not XP, then someone has put in a lot of effort to make their P3D install look like XP, including the parts which I don't necessarily think are its best assets.

• Upvote 2

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Interesting comparisons... As much as I hate to contradict the word from a developer, the below screenshot IS from X-Plane, as far as I can see... The autogen and roads are really a dead give-away. 

The only thing is, that I thought ORBX/FTX dumped X-Plane development, in favor of Aerofly FS 2?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I also use both Prepar3d and X-Plane 11 and I'm in the same camp with those the believe the bottom image is from from X-Plane. If I was to put money on it that would be my bet.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, dgraham1284 said:

NL_PR_024.jpg.8f631e73a68e6ba22762b1e7e2

If you really looked at the pictures you would see the text in the upper left. Even if you thought he was lying, the text clearly shows that its P3D v4 

Why would we be looking at that picture, when it's not included in the link posted in OP? We've already seen the P3D preview shots, those are not the ones we're commenting on. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Perhaps a tryout in the two sims, so everybodies are happy.

Orbx said... Using new technology.... Adressed to fsx-p3d.

13 minutes ago, manuthie said:

Honestly those shots look like X-Plane with Ortho4XP and World2XPlane to me.

That's what I was thinking. I have both covering the Netherlands, and it looks very similar. I don't want to pre-judge a product (if there will even be a product) but with what I currently enjoy with Ortho4XP combined with World2Xplane, FTX coverage for the area probably won't be high on my shopping list. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Or, he re-engineered World2XPlane (and uses X-Plane artwork) to "match all building footprints precisely" for FSX - P3D, in which case it is a rip off. The resemblance is too much, if I look at the roofs of the warehouses.

edit: yidahoo beat me to it :)

That’s my World2Xplane app. I even see houses I modelled (including the one I live in)

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, tonywob said:

That’s my World2Xplane app. I even see houses I modelled (including the one I live in)

That's impossible Tony, it's P3D ;) 

But seriously, that is very weird. What on earth are they trying to achieve here?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Good news is that XP11 is now considered the graphic target where to aim for.

And a target that doesn't cost a cent ;) on the contrary of Orbx

• Upvote 1

There is a certain irony in people loving P3D Orbx scenery screenshots without realising they were X-Plane and available for free. (Assuming these are from World2XPlane) Really looking forward to the reply from ORBX, should be very interesting. Assuming they don't just delete the post

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography