Sign in to follow this  
TYLICA

Most up to date AI traffic for p3d v4?

1 hour ago, Chock said:

everything else which is available as payware seems a bit cobbled together and rushed out for the V4 'me first' market to me

This. The whole UTL soft release fiasco which is close to be in development for about 8 months now and very little to show for it, is a perfect example of what Alan said. I am going to give them until the end of the year and if no improvement, I am dumping it and going fully with AIG's plans - the more I frequent their forums, the more I appreciate the hard work that is put into it, especially that it is free. Since all of these products are nearly exactly the same and don't offer any extras, like active runways control or anything else which would improve the AI functionality in the platform, no wonder they're releasing half a**ed products into the market.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I own mytraffic and utl. However, i currently use neither. Rather, I'm using RealTraffic with Psxseecon. For thos who haven't tried it:

realtraffic is subscription-based. It downloads the postition of actual traffic in realtime.

psxseecon traffic is freeware. It connects to realtraffic, and injects the real world aircraft into your sim. It can also park non-real world aircraft at your gate.

this combination still needs models/paints to inject. This is very simple if you,own a pay ware traffic program - I use the models from mytraffic.

the advantages of this are:

- great for,performance, minimal impact on fps

- excellent immersion. See another jet out the window, note the flight number and check FlightAware to check its details.

- Planes in the sim (obviously) follow real-world flightpaths

If this sounds interesting, consider signing up to RealTraffic for a month and testing it out. So far, I'm very impressed.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I own mytraffic and utl. However, i currently use neither. Rather, I'm using RealTraffic with Psxseecon. For thos who haven't tried it:

realtraffic is subscription-based. It downloads the postition of actual traffic in realtime.

psxseecon traffic is freeware. It connects to realtraffic, and injects the real world aircraft into your sim. It can also park non-real world aircraft at your gate.

this combination still needs models/paints to inject. This is very simple if you,own a pay ware traffic program - I use the models from mytraffic.

- excellent immersion. See another jet out the window, note the flight number and check FlightAware to check its details.

If this sounds interesting, consider signing up to RealTraffic for a month and testing it out. So far, I'm very impressed.

Oz,

Exactly what I did...signed up for a month, and just a couple of days ago my subscription expired, and I flew a flight without RealTraffic. I really missed it, so next day I subscribed for a year. It's a tad pricey, IMHO, but once I tried it, I don't want to fly without it.

There are some quirks...AI taxiing can be funky, and some aircraft seem to land on the side of the runway instead of on the centerline. The biggest issue for me is that P3D ATC has no awareness of the AI with RealTraffic/PsxSeeconTraffic.

Overall I think it's a unique offering, and as I said, now that I have it, I'd hate to do without.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Rather, I'm using RealTraffic with Psxseecon

This is what I am doing.  I am using the Orbx AU models and slowly upgrading/supplementing those models with folks like FAIB.  The minor inconsistencies are being addressed almost daily.  I really like the effects at night approaching a large airport such as KDFW. :smile:

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

7 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

does it work with p3d v4? I used it for version 3 and it was pretty cool.

Also, one has to have already purchased another product in order to supply the airplane models correct?

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

5 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

does it work with p3d v4? I used it for version 3 and it was pretty cool.

Also, one has to have already purchased another product in order to supply the airplane models correct?

Yes, it does Works with v4 too.

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

And how does it handle time zones? I mean, I usually do my flights in the evening and I live in central europe. But I certainly do not want to fly all the times "real time". If I want to fly a day flight in Europe but my clock actually says 9pm, is this possible? Or will it result in having the 9pm traffic inside the sim that has 8am for example?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

And how does it handle time zones? I mean, I usually do my flights in the evening and I live in central europe. But I certainly do not want to fly all the times "real time". If I want to fly a day flight in Europe but my clock actually says 9pm, is this possible? Or will it result in having the 9pm traffic inside the sim that has 8am for example?

It can do historic, but only go back 24 hours. Which to most, is good enough.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

21 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

It can do historic, but only go back 24 hours. Which to most, is good enough.

Thanks for the information. That was also one of my concerns. 

Another question: When approaching a busy airport where the arrivals most of the time are being lined up as close as possible, how do you get the chance to land? Does the FSUIPC traffic zapper work or are the aircraft immediately re-injected according to their real world position?

3 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks for the information. That was also one of my concerns. 

Another question: When approaching a busy airport where the arrivals most of the time are being lined up as close as possible, how do you get the chance to land? Does the FSUIPC traffic zapper work or are the aircraft immediately re-injected according to their real world position?

I don't need the zapper, or I should say, not use anymore. At busy airports, like EHAM or EDDF, TO/Land runways are in use. So, it is like real life. I use FR24 to see what runways are in use, and also, I can see what is approaching, and space my take off accordingly. Same with landing, I slot my self into a gap to land.

One flight I did into YSSY, I followed an Emirates A380 which was holding due to congestion. I listened to LiveATC to keep up to date with traffic, when EK was cleared to exit the hold, I did too, and followed him in, all without interferring with other traffic. As real as it gets.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I don't like RealTraffic with Psxseecon, although it makes the AI traffic to look very nice and cool it destroys several elements of my inmersion experience:

1) MS ATC or PRO-ATC cannot handle it very well, everything is disconnected, ATC is telling you one thing and the traffic is doing something else.

2) When you land you have to find a slot between traffic in order to land, this is very difficult on very busy airport.

3) Traffic taxi around the airport and will also step over you as they are not aware of your position.

4) Same problem to take off at busy airports, you need to find the GAP to takeoff.

This is far from realistic, so I stopped using it.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Thanks to both of you for your views.

Seems like the optimum AI solution is still to come...

• Upvote 1

1/ I use LiveATC, although not all airports are covered, especially Europe. PATC and PF3 and others don't see AI traffic either, and on the ground.

2/ Not so difficult. Some very busy airports have 2 landing runways. Also, if another plane gets too close, PSXseecon will delete it.

3/ Taxing ai can be weird at some airports, dependin on accuracy of Afcad. FlyTampa are the most accurate. As above, if you select the correct check box, any ai getting too close to you on the ground will automatically delete. I have UTL, and those planes run me over too, but you need Traffic Zapper to delete them.

4/ I don't agree. I have had more issues with normal ai taking off, with them at the holding point waiting for the plane that has landed to completely clear the runway.

I sat at runway 28L at KSFO for over 20 mins  once for about half a dozen ai to take off. PSX will do that in fraction of the time, as a plane at the hold, will line up as soon as the plane it is waiting for has landed.

I don't use PATC or PF3 anymore, and have not missed them. It all epends what floats your boat. I am not knocking you for what you enjoy, just sharing my experience with using Live Traffic.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

1/ I use LiveATC, although not all airports are covered, especially Europe. PATC and PF3 and others don't see AI traffic either, and on the ground.

2/ Not so difficult. Some very busy airports have 2 landing runways. Also, if another plane gets too close, PSXseecon will delete it.

3/ Taxing ai can be weird at some airports, dependin on accuracy of Afcad. FlyTampa are the most accurate. As above, if you select the correct check box, any ai getting too close to you on the ground will automatically delete. I have UTL, and those planes run me over too, but you need Traffic Zapper to delete them.

4/ I don't agree. I have had more issues with normal ai taking off, with them at the holding point waiting for the plane that has landed to completely clear the runway.

I sat at runway 28L at KSFO for over 20 mins  once for about half a dozen ai to take off. PSX will do that in fraction of the time, as a plane at the hold, will line up as soon as the plane it is waiting for has landed.

I don't use PATC or PF3 anymore, and have not missed them. It all epends what floats your boat. I am not knocking you for what you enjoy, just sharing my experience with using Live Traffic.

I get you, you enjoy different things as me.

I am looking for a different realism and immersion experience, and unfortunately this tool didn't do it for me. 

I am currently studying my PPL and accordingly I need to get used to do what ATC tells me to do, if I use this tool this cannot be accomplish and eventually I will get used to fly around to perform my own decisions to be able to Land or Takeoff, expect planes around me to be zapped, etc. and eventually my brain will fail on me and I will have an accident on real life. 

Best Regards,

Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I get you, you enjoy different things as me.

I am looking for a different realism and immersion experience, and unfortunately this tool didn't do it for me. 

I am currently studying my PPL and in accordingly I need to get used to do what ATC tells me to do, if I use this tool this cannot be accomplish and eventually I will get used to fly around to perform my own decisions to be able to Land or Takeoff, expect planes around me to be zapped, etc. and eventually my brain will fail on me and I will have an accident on real life. 

Best Regards,

Simbol

Fair enough too, and understand.  Simming can be habit forming.

• Upvote 1