Sign in to follow this  
Wingloader

Airport Design Editor

Wondered if anyone has tinkered with ADE in P3DV4,I have used it in the past in FSX and would like to design an Airport or two and also add a few buildings here and there with ADE. I have searched reference info regarding its use in P3DV4, seems some have designed airports with this tool, information is kind of grey rather than black or white on this, before I have a go has anyone got any experience or input regarding ADE,  cheers guys.

The most recent version of ADE (1.75) works fine for editing P3d4 airports. Check out the ADE sub forum at FSDeveloper for more information.

1 hour ago, Wingloader said:

Wondered if anyone has tinkered with ADE in P3DV4,I have used it in the past in FSX and would like to design an Airport or two and also add a few buildings here and there with ADE. I have searched reference info regarding its use in P3DV4, seems some have designed airports with this tool, information is kind of grey rather than black or white on this, before I have a go has anyone got any experience or input regarding ADE,  cheers guys.

I'm currently still on 1.70 and use it all the time in P3DV4 for tweaking parking and runway allocations - but not full blown airport design.

Haven't encountered a third-party airport in P3DV4 that can't be tweaked yet.

Gary

51 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

I'm currently still on 1.70 and use it all the time in P3DV4 for tweaking parking and runway allocations - but not full blown airport design.

Haven't encountered a third-party airport in P3DV4 that can't be tweaked yet.

Gary

In my experience, ADE 1.70 cannot open an airport BGL compiled with the V4 compiler, but 1.75 can.

- JP

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

3 hours ago, Wingloader said:

Can confirm, has been working flawlessly for a long time now with v4, I have been building with it tonight. Great tool. 

Ive also recompiled my old airports to be fully v4 compliant, though I'm not sure if it makes much difference. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

hi, noob here. I wanna tinker with ADE and I've already downloaded it, but it says I need to have a version of Flight Simulator installed first. Can anyone tell me if instead of having Flight Simulator, can I have Prepar3d installed and still have ADE working? Thanks!

Yes you can, and you will also need the SDK (download from LM site)

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

ADE needs to have the bglcomp, which is the compiler for bgl files, in order to create AF (AFCAD) files.  The term "Flight Simulator" refers to either FSX or P3D.

Some of the significant changes in the latest for P3Dv4 involve a few objects in the bgl that changed from previous versions... items that you are unlikely to run into unless you are deep into the capabilities.  Also, the ground poly addon feature had to be reworked quite a bit to work well with P3Dv4 and there are still some interesting challenges when placing ground polys in and around where there are scenery "edges."

Bottom line is that ADE is as powerful as ever, and it is free.  I encourage anyone that uses it to cough up the couple of bucks (I don't remember 5 or 15?) to get the ProKey option that unlocks additional features and gives Scruffyduck a small cash flow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Bottom line is that ADE is as powerful as ever, and it is free.  I encourage anyone that uses it to cough up the couple of bucks (I don't remember 5 or 15?) to get the ProKey option that unlocks additional features and gives Scruffyduck a small cash flow.

I agree Dan.  Everyone should help support Scruffyduck and ADE by purchasing ProKey. 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

12 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I agree Dan.  Everyone should help support Scruffyduck and ADE by purchasing ProKey. 🙂

+1
Where would we be if not for ADE?

I modify just about every single AFD file that I use (even if it is only to align some of the AI pathways with the rendered runway/taxiway centrelines; I am somewhat OCD where this type of thing is concerned) :smile: I also had the pleasure of rebuilding seven or eight AFD files from scratch when I helped out with version 2 of UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1. That was fun, and I am proud of the contribution that I made to that scenery package. For the record, I use the ProKey edition of version 1.70 with P3D v3.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png