Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

FSLabs wants to develop new Concorde for v4

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Never flown this bird but given the 3 crew workload,  how does a single simming pilot handle her?

It's actually pretty easy to do all jobs yourself.  Very busy but really satisfying.  You can check out a video I made of it in my sig.  It's the KJFK to EGLL video with 631,000 views. 

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

4 minutes ago, MarkW said:

It's actually pretty easy to do all jobs yourself.  Very busy but really satisfying.  You can check out a video I made of it in my sig.  It's the KJFK to EGLL video with 631,000 views. 

I never knew that was your video, I’ve watched that many more times than I’d like to admit :laugh:

Mail on the way !:gaul:

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

When I was on Concorde, one of the crew showed me gap between the cockpit FE station and the cabin bulkhead, it was maybe 3mm wide, whereas at Mach 2 you could fit your hand in there owing to how much the aircraft had expanded in length with the heat of going at that speed yet you could balance a coin on its edge on the tables.

Excellent post overall!

With respect to what’s quoted: I heard a story that the last Concorde which went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, the FE inserted his uniform hat into that gap, and let it get stuck in that space when Concorde slowed and cooled.

Unfortunately someone yanked/ripped it out and was stolen.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

8 minutes ago, RedSpinnaker said:

Excellent post overall!

With respect to what’s quoted: I heard a story that the last Concorde which went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, the FE inserted his uniform hat into that gap, and let it get stuck in that space when Concorde slowed and cooled.

Unfortunately someone yanked/ripped it out and was stolen.

Now that’s a shame.

Yup, it was and remains an astonishing aeroplane, and whilst it is sad that it no longer flies for real, we have the advantage over reality for a change with our flight sims in that respect.

To see it realised to a level similar to FSL's A320 would be a real treat for everyone who appreciates what mankind can achieve when it really wants to; celebrating a collaboration between two nations that don't always get along as they should, but who joined up to make the most sophisticated and impressive airliner ever to take to the skies. And one which, were it not for a part which fell off a DC-10 causing damage to it, would have had a perfect safety record too. But even that tragedy cannot diminish its beauty and powerful grace.

Send those emails people, and let that beautiful lady keep on flying, at least in spirit.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Rafal said:

Long haul with Concorde is short haul. :wink:

I would just do touch and goes at the local grass strip :)

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Send those emails people, and let that beautiful lady keep on flying, at least in spirit.

+1

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I would just do touch and goes at the local grass strip :)

Saw a BA Concorde having a crack at that once at Barton air show. According to the tower commentary the pilot had asked permission from his BA base to actually do a touch and go on the grass and they said no, so he did a slow flyby with the gear down along the runway at about 150 feet. It was LOUD.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

47 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I never knew that was your video, I’ve watched that many more times than I’d like to admit :laugh:

I think there are like 7 guys who have watched it 25000 times.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

4 hours ago, Chock said:

It really was more like a spaceship that an airliner, but the coolest, prettiest and smoothest one.

Indeed. It was an impressive endeavor to construct it.
As one aviation historian said: The Concorde was a technological marvel, but an economical failure.

Regarding the re-make by FSLabs - well, I've been tempted a couple of times to purchase the current version for P3Dv3, however I always come back to, that the airliner doesn't exists anymore (classic or not) and I probably won't fly it enought to justify it. I won't (at least for now) be sending an email.

I have no idea, how many emails they would require... but given, that it's a complete overhaul (new aircraft) it'll probably take a couple of years (I doubt a 2018 release - sorry FSLabs). I would guess a careful estimate would be at least 500-1.000 - maybe 1.500 email (around $100.000-$150.000).

But I don't know, though. It highly depends on the lenght of development time - and how much they can control the 'feature-creep' :smile:...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Didn't it burn 6 tonnes or something crazy just to get up In the air? 

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, MarkW said:

Hello Mark

I did not realize you did the "Master the fuel Panel" youtube videos. Just wanted to say thank you for that. I have watched several times and it has taught me how to manage the fuel panel. You are right, it is very satisfying flying from point A to B and managing the fuel and CG. Thanks again

Rick

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I was very excited when I came access this thread. I love flying the Concorde and managing its systems. I rarely do long haul flights, but with the Concorde, Mach 2.1. its not a problem. :)

Email sent. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Would rather they cracked on with legacy light support in the A320, then finish the series and do an A330. They take a long time to develop things so putting Concorde back in the mix would inevitably be a disaster for the Airbus range. Im a huge Concorde fan, but I'm most definitely a NO on this one.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire