Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

FSUIPC- Reverser

I have a Saitek yoke and quadrant with one single throttle. With the single throttle..i can only use  reverser on one side. Is there a way to do both reversers? PMDG 737ngx. If not do I need to use another axis assignment as oppose to button for throttle. Seems like on lever the axis is reverse for thrusters.  Make sense? lol

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

If you select in the FSX-controls the option "Throttle_decr" instead of "Throttle1_decr" both reversers should engage!

Hope that make sins...

Using FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" you would set "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration" under that select "Throttle."

First Option - You then have a choice to add thrust reverse on the same tab over on the right if the area under the detent reads as a button and tick off the first "Control sent when range entered" and enter "Throttle Decr" then tick off "Control to repeat whilst in range" then tick the second "Control sent when range entered" and enter "Throttle cut."

Second option - The second method is by repeating the first section using FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" you would set "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration" under that select "Throttle."  Then go to the Joystick Calibration tab and set up (I think it works) Throttle 1.  Then you press set (or resest) on the left and pull your throttle below the detent -16385 (ish) and press "Set" for reverse then push the throttle lever to the max 16385 and press set for max.  You then pull the throttle into the detent and push it out of the detent onto the "shoulder" where you would set the range where it comes out of idle and press "Set" then repeat going the other way down towards reverse and when the lever is on the "shoulder" once again press set.

You should then have your throttle quadrant set up and you can repeat for conditon, propeller, mixture levers at any time.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks Robert, and William,

If you know of a good video that explains fsuipc for P3dv4.1...that would be great. I don't want to screw it up. I have tried the onboard controller set up inside p3dv4.1 and its not worth a dang. I have the Saitek Pro yoke and Tiny Box Rudder pedals. I set up in P3dv4 calibrate and when I get ready to go..no control what so ever. I have had this problem with p3d for years and I can load XP11 and its perfect out of the chute. Why can't they (L&M) get this right..beyond me.

Again, Thanks and warmest of Holidays,

Bob M.

Bob M

Here is a vid for the first option I presented:

Make sure that all axis are deleted in P3D controls menu.

\Robert Hamlich/

As you have a Saitek yoke,the same as mine, what I did was through FSUIPC, set up my reversers with the F2 key press, tick "Key Press to repeat while held box" as well. I assigned the switch below the Hat Switch, to activate the reversers. As long as you hold the button down the more reverse thrust you get. If you push the throttle lever forward it cancels reverse thrust and the levers come down out of reverse. The only reason I did this, is because  my Virtual Fly TQ6 will not activate the reverse levers. This is with P3Dv4.

Cheers.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Nice instruction video but i have a PFC throttle with 2 levers for the reverses but i've got never a good working reverser action. I have two "spare" buttons on my yoke so i sign them to the F2 function keys. I'm using the FSUIPC both is but it always a disaster with nearly all the plane's. FSX-Prepar3 and 4.

If i go to X-plane11 it works for 100%.

Regards
Jo va Bra

Thanks for the info. I watched the video..reverser works great on Saitek Pro Yoke quadrant but I now can't get throttles to move at all. Any ideas. Latest fsuipc paid for. Using PMDG 737ngx to set up.

Bob M.

Bob M

FYI - adjustable Saitek reverse throttle for single axis that controls both throttles.

The methods described above work, but it only turns on full reverse thrust and is not adjustable. With Throttle Manager.Lua you can do things such as idle thrust, 5% reverse, 10% - 20% etc etc..

41 minutes ago, Nick Dobda said:

FYI - adjustable Saitek reverse throttle for single axis that controls both throttles.

The methods described above work, but it only turns on full reverse thrust and is not adjustable. With Throttle Manager.Lua you can do things such as idle thrust, 5% reverse, 10% - 20% etc etc..

Nick,

Can you post a link to ThrottleManager.Lua, please, as this lua is not included in the Example Lua plugins file and no matter where I searched, I just can't find this lua.

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69388-throttle-manager-to-allow-axis-forwardreverse-toggle/

You have to create an account at simflight's forum (its free). When you're a member you can download files from the above link. You must also have a registered FSUIPC, I don't think it works for unregistered.

Use their instructions in conjunction with my instructions in the avsim forum link to accomplish what you are looking for.

Note my supplementary instructions were necessary to control both axis with a single Saitek lever. The instructions in the simflight forum are for two hardware levers controlling 2 axis.

Somebody give me a pointer (FSUIPC)  on getting Throttles (PMDG 737ngx) (P3dv4.1) to move-Saitek Pro Yoke. (1 throttle) ..Got the reverser to work  (per video) but throttles ain't moving :)

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

1 hour ago, Nick Dobda said:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69388-throttle-manager-to-allow-axis-forwardreverse-toggle/

You have to create an account at simflight's forum (its free). When you're a member you can download files from the above link. You must also have a registered FSUIPC, I don't think it works for unregistered.

Use their instructions in conjunction with my instructions in the avsim forum link to accomplish what you are looking for.

Note my supplementary instructions were necessary to control both axis with a single Saitek lever. The instructions in the simflight forum are for two hardware levers controlling 2 axis.

Thanks a lot, Nick, found all files and will comply.

Hans van Wijhe

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

9 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Somebody give me a pointer (FSUIPC)  on getting Throttles (PMDG 737ngx) (P3dv4.1) to move-Saitek Pro Yoke. (1 throttle) ..Got the reverser to work  (per video) but throttles ain't moving :)

Thanks,

Bob M.

Hi Bob, 

Did you set the throttle using FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" then set "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration."  Look at 6:53 in this vid:

\Robert Hamlich/