Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Fireworks around London

11 minutes ago, tooting said:

"festive lights"

And they aren't even that - they are usually advertising lights for a Disney film or something similar. No spirit of Christmas at all in London anymore.

• Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

1 minute ago, Jetset408 said:

Strangely I have noticed this only this week too!

Probably Merkel and Barnier celebrating a 40 billion present from us 

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

Probably Merkel and Barnier celebrating a 40 billion present from us 

Haha you really are a disgruntled Brit aren't you? One of many. (including myself)

Rob Bates

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Just now, Jetset408 said:

And they aren't even that - they are usually advertising lights for a Disney film or something similar. No spirit of Christmas at all in London anymore.

The tower hamlets community  has stopped all of that 

14ppkc-6.png

55 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

Haha you really are a disgruntled Brit aren't you? One of many. (including myself)

Very. We should just walk away. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Although  'bonfire night' is of course November 5th, as most people in the UK know, it's always been the case that fireworks can be heard and seen regularly for about 2-3 weeks either side of that date, and certainly it always has been the Friday and Saturday nearest to the actual 5th of November when most bonfire and firework displays are held, rather than a strict adherence to the exact date. Much to the dismay of my rough collie Snorkie, who is very frightened of them. Personally, the day I celebrate the fact that someone failed in their attempt to blow up a load of politicians in Parliament, is the day we'll be seeing Satan driving to work on a snowplough, as it's difficult to imagine a more righteous target these days.

But in recent years, fireworks have been co-opted to be for all kinds of stuff other than merely bonfire night in the UK, i.e Christmas, Diwali etc, so it's largely the fault of people with their childish belief that their invisible magic sky wizard is the real invisible magic sky wizard, and all the other invisible magic sky wizards are of course blasphemy lol. Consequently the desire to celebrate that and in doing so, shove it down my throat regardless of logic, or my approval, by making the surrounding area look and sound like artillery preparation for an assault on the Somme - and, more annoyingly, upsetting poor old Snorkie in the process.

Pascal's wager aside, given the fact that there are well over 4,000 religions in the world, it's probably not that inaccurate to have fireworks displaying over major cities in Europe every flipping day of the week and twice on Sundays. Fire up Paris in your flight sim and you'll see the same thing near the Eiffel Tower.

So on a more practical level than hoping for divine intervention to solve your problems, you could try removing the Fireworks effect from the Effects folder of your sim.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, tooting said:

Very. We should just walk away. 

Yep. Stop the world. I want to get off.

Rob Bates

Fireworks at Christmas? I don't know why they get used. The only bright light for the more secular should be Rudolph's red, anti-collision beac.... I mean nose :biggrin:

New Years Eve celebrations don't bode well for family pets either.. yet hypocritically, I harbour a desire to create a small bomb crater (just the one Alan, not a barrage!) in the playing fields near my house at the stroke of midnight... have to sedate the neighbourhood cats & dogs first though. Or maybe do a Colin Furze and fire up a pulse jet. (A pulse jet can be re-used... :ph34r: :anonymose:)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Fireworks are customarily and heavily used to celebrate 4th of July here in the Former Colonies as the date of the original Britxit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Fireworks are customarily and heavily used to celebrate 4th of July here in the Former Colonies as the date of the original Britxit. 

We haven't left yet.... The Germans are trying their best to delay it, as they can't get a government together, they are suddenly realising their second biggest contributor voted to leave and is actually going to do it

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png