Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Ooi

Is this video showing Flight Sim World?

I ask this because I have seen many YouTube videos showcasing Trusky but I never see anything as impressive like this one. Just want to confirm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Yep.  That's the FSW DA-42 with TrueSky.  Sunsets on top of the clouds look amazing in FSW with TrueSky turned on.

• Upvote 2

Indeed! It looks amazing!
It's my great hope that LM someday will introduce something similar in P3D.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The more I see from FSW, the less likely I am going to move on with P3D. The advancements in their software already are superior to P3D IMO. This looks glorious and very similar to some of my experiences actually flying.

• Upvote 5

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

B757, agreed.  Now we need influential developers to start porting products for FSW.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thank you all for confirming this is indeed FSW. Well, all I can say is FSW is really on the right track.

Truly impressive that video, never saw that sky quality in P3D or even less in XP11, i guess one day i will have to dug up FSW from my steam library, but im still waiting on other improvements that are still behind from those 2 competitors, and another 2 letters VR.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

What part of DaVinci Resolve did nobody understand? That is NOT FSW stock footage.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, pracines said:

What part of DaVinci Resolve did nobody understand? That is NOT FSW stock footage.

Pardon me, but I'm not really sure what you mean by 'NOT FSW stock footage"... 

As far as I can see, it's trueSky in FSW. Is there some kind of shader applied to it, since you claim the above?

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

27 minutes ago, pracines said:

Looks more like FSW than P3D/FSX. That's for sure! Everyone here a least understands that FSW is the only sim capable of depicting that kind of scenery, even if there is some Shader applied to it. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Thank God Paul is here again to set us straight :mellow:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

The creator of the video responded:

"The sky is pretty much how it is seen on FSW. I just saturated the oranges a bit and gave shadows a deep blue tint, but just slightly. Curves for contrast. As for the sky it's from FSW as said with TrueSky tech."

Just some more saturation and contrast, so pretty much what one could do with Reshade or similar software.

I can't understand FSW haters constantly trying to bash it in this forum. I think DTG is doing a good work. Maybe their fear is that FSW will replace P3D? I think that's what's gonna happen if DTG continues in the right direction.

• Upvote 6

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

4 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I can't understand FSW haters constantly trying to bash it in this forum. I think DTG is doing a good work. Maybe their fear is that FSW will replace P3D? I think that's what's gonna happen if DTG continues in the right direction.

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

2 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

:biggrin:

Judging by your signature you are not a fan of FSW. Are you only here to troll and make fun of it? If so, pathetic. And that goes for everyone with these kinds of attitude, no matter what their preferences are.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

18 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Judging by your signature you are not a fan of FSW. Are you only here to troll and make fun of it? If so, pathetic. And that goes for everyone with these kinds of attitude, no matter what their preferences are.

Oh no HumptyDumpty is a nice guy. I don't think he was trolling like others, I think he likes FSW. :-)

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]