Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

ORBX Reinstall and Log In

Hello All,

I have just done an uninstall of P3Dv4. 0 and updated to P3Dv4 2.1.  In doing so I lost all my ORBX scenery, which I guess was expected.

I re downloaded FTX Central and I notice that it is annotated as XPLane 11. the only area covered is, obviously, North America. As I do not fly in the Americas and I want to reinstall my P3Dv4 sceneries, having access to Xplane 11 and North American cagegory oonly is about as useful as udders on a boar pig.

Can somebody please tell me how to get into, re download and re install my Australian sceneries and Airports.

Further to this, after accessing my ORBX account about three times today, I now find that the password (cut and pasted) is now incorrect and I can no longer log into my account.

Is this and my first problem related and a small problem with the ORBX site, or am I just suffering from Old Man Syndrome together with a problem with dyslexic typing fingers.

Thanks for any help 

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello all,

Given the enormous response to this cry for assistance, I am wondering if I am in the right place to get some ORBX assistance.

Can someone please direct me to the right place. 

Thanks 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Tony, this "unofficial" support forum is mostly a user-to-user support forum. Try the official ORBX forum where, in addition to users, the ORBX staff participate.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/

Best regards, 

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

You need to reset your password - on login page, click on "forgot password" and follow instructions. Download latest FTX Central. After you login into FTX Central, you should be able to see all your purchased sceneries and to install them. If there is a problem with this, you should definitely use ORBX official forums

OK,

Thanks guys for yur help.  I was actually hoping to avoid the official ORBX forums as I thought it may have been a simple thing to fix.

However, as I still have this problem I shall have to try them.  One more attempt with Zeljkos' suggestion and see what happens, My problem may well be that I am using a previously downloaded installer.

Norman, thanks for the link mate.

Thanks again fellas

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hello again to you all,

I am here this time to report prtial success. 

I am now able to log in, download FTX central and am offered the the option of P3D or Xplane, access my account and then through "product Info" can download through FTX or do a manual download.

All this is great and is a huge step forward. However, using FTX Central, I am constantly getting interuptions and have to restart the download.  I have now downloaded in excess of 80gb but have not yet succeeded in installing any one airport or Global Base.  I do note that there is a notice on the left hand side which tells me that there is an updated library, but this download suffers the same constant interuptions. These interuptions occur randomly and for different reasons every time I have an interuption (some start at 30MB but I have managed to get to 1.3GB on the Global Base download after many attempts) For these reasons I believe that sending the log to ORBX is a waste of everybodys' time.

Manual download is a totally different story and I have managed to download them all with no problems. Well.... just one.

I have no idea (and there are absolutely no installation instructions that I can find) how to install these. I unzip the originial download and find a large number of new zip files. Can somebody advise me what I do with these and where do I put them. For an old codger like me this is just very very confusing. I am aware that the ORBX people strongly recommend using FTX Central and I can understand this, but FTX Central is simply not working for me at this time.  

I wish to stress that I do not believe that this is an ORBX problem as my internet is spasmodic at the best of times but again the manual downloads (through Internet Download Manager) are trouble free (and quick) 

So I remain befuddled and seek further advise. If anybody can tell me how to install these manually downloaded zips and where to install them, I would be grateful.

Thanks again Guys n Girls

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Tony,

The procedure "How to install from an Orbx Direct downloaded zip file" is explained at the official ORBX forum, under the "OrbxDirect and FTX Central 3 Support Forum" sub-forum (You probably must be logged-in to that forum to access it.)

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

I personally put each manually downloaded ZIP file in a separate folder on my Data Hard drive identifying what it is and which version (for archive/backup purpose) and it is very important not to unzip the file, keep it as is. FTX Central will take care of unzipping it when processing it (just follow the instructions at the link above).

Good luck.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

NBouc,

I have just spent the most incredibly frustrating hour following your link. it takes me to a page which includes a discussion menu (NOT A SUPPORT FORUM) and includes a link to the "Support Forum" which if followed sates that we can not find the item you are looking for.  A great help really. Essentially your link takes me nowwhere but I really appreciated the help.

Just as an aside ... this forum is "FTX/ORBX support forum (which apparenty does not actually offer ORBX support) and going to the link you provided only provides (for me) a headache LOL I eventually got in to the forum eventually after signing in, only to be advised that I am not allowed access to the content therein. Now if that is not a vicious circle, the term needs to be re-defined LOL 

Now, really all I want is to find out how to install the manual downloads. I appreciate that I do not unzip them to any temp folder. I also believe that maybe the FTX global and AU australia go into different folders too, with the airports maybe going into a third folder and AUS AI traffic into a possible fourth folder. Given the lack of install instructions and my (I stress MY) inability to access them can you (or somebody else) please tell me where these zips files are unzipped to and any other instructions that may be relevant?  Do I have to create folders in P3Dv4 and if so what folders do I create and where?

To further clarify my situation. I have owned every version of P3D since inception but have never flown it or added payware or freeware because I was using 6 monitors and with neither FSX, FSX-SE nor P3D was this possible.

I am now looking into VR with P3D as my chosen platform and recently purchased the ORBX Australian payware and freeware content, along with IFly 737 for P3Dv4 and FSDT GSX to start the path to VR. I am also only using one monitor (or will be if I can get these installs sorted out). The IFly install so far, is the only install that I have had no problems with.  I am aware that most probably most of my confusion and subsequent problems stem from my mindset derived from FS2004 and of course, my old age.

That, I hope explains my predicament and again I plead for some information and assistance.

Thanks for your help so far Normand.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

57 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

NBouc,

I have just spent the most incredibly frustrating hour following your link. it takes me to a page which includes a discussion menu (NOT A SUPPORT FORUM) and includes a link to the "Support Forum" which if followed sates that we can not find the item you are looking for.  A great help really. Essentially your link takes me nowwhere but I really appreciated the help.

Just as an aside ... this forum is "FTX/ORBX support forum (which apparenty does not actually offer ORBX support) and going to the link you provided only provides (for me) a headache LOL I eventually got in to the forum eventually after signing in, only to be advised that I am not allowed access to the content therein. Now if that is not a vicious circle, the term needs to be re-defined LOL 

Now, really all I want is to find out how to install the manual downloads. I appreciate that I do not unzip them to any temp folder. I also believe that maybe the FTX global and AU australia go into different folders too, with the airports maybe going into a third folder and AUS AI traffic into a possible fourth folder. Given the lack of install instructions and my (I stress MY) inability to access them can you (or somebody else) please tell me where these zips files are unzipped to and any other instructions that may be relevant?  Do I have to create folders in P3Dv4 and if so what folders do I create and where?

To further clarify my situation. I have owned every version of P3D since inception but have never flown it or added payware or freeware because I was using 6 monitors and with neither FSX, FSX-SE nor P3D was this possible.

I am now looking into VR with P3D as my chosen platform and recently purchased the ORBX Australian payware and freeware content, along with IFly 737 for P3Dv4 and FSDT GSX to start the path to VR. I am also only using one monitor (or will be if I can get these installs sorted out). The IFly install so far, is the only install that I have had no problems with.  I am aware that most probably most of my confusion and subsequent problems stem from my mindset derived from FS2004 and of course, my old age.

That, I hope explains my predicament and again I plead for some information and assistance.

Thanks for your help so far Normand.

Regards

Tony

you need  to be  registered  first before  you  can  post  any issue in the  ftx  forum,  just  like  many other  forums  now,  you  will be  able  to get  in the general  forum but  not  the other  sub forums,  you  say  that  you had  signed  in   and  couldn't  get  in  maybe  you  were  banned  at  some  stage?

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

best bet is  to submit  a  ticket  in  asking  why  i cant  sign in,  since  its been  a week now  since  your first post

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There are two issues here. First of all, FTX Central works out what sims you have installed by looking for the relevant registry entries. In uninstalling your sim you will have removed those registry entries which are not re-written until the sim has been re-installed and run once. So it's not surprising you didn't find any reference to P3D v4.2 in FTX Central; you evidently hadn't run the sim.

The second issue regarding the zip file is also straightforward. Select the product you wish to install within FTX Central and then select "installation options". This will give you the option to install from a zip file and asks where that file is located on your computer. Easy.

I can only concur with what others have said regarding registering for the Orbx forum. Whenever I buy a new product I always register on that products forum as, irrespective of whether or not you run into problems, you will always find some good tips. In giving you this info I actually checked the Orbx forum first; it took me less than ten minutes to find the answers using the FAQ's which they have. You could easily have had these solutions a week ago!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Geoffrey,

Thanks for that mate. 

However, I have been a member of that forum for nearly five years now, I have already received a four anniversery messages on that forum. Pete_auau please note.

Again, I can access the forum and sign in but I cannot access the content which obviously means I cannot get to the FAQs nor can I submit a ticket. I figure there is a glitch there somewhere and it is probably my fault so I am not blaming anyone.  

As previously advised I did manage to solve the XPlane only issue and exactly by running P3D as you have suggested. The problem is now,  and has been the initial problem which started this topic, is the fact that FTX Central is still downloading and being interrupted requiring a new start. These interruptions occur at different intervals from as low as 30MBs downloaded to 1.3gb  and for very different and varying reasons ... restarts start at varying points too. ie interupted at 800mbs and restart at 200mbs. 

After 4 attempts though, I finally managed to download and install the freeware demo "Tasmania, which includes YMLT" This demonstrates to me that FTX Central can and does function so the problem (from my point of view) lies elsewhere. So I stress the fact that I am not ranting against ORBX nor ever have I done so. The end result so far though, has simply been long and laborious, failed downloads amounting to well over 4 or 5 days and again, well over 100gbs of downloads.

I admit that I have not looked at install options and this could well provide the answer for me. I shall be doing so today and will advise the result. It may take a while due to the intrusion of theFormula 1 Grand Prix in OZ.

Finally, thanks guys for your help so far. I have to admit it has been agonisingly frustrating for me and I tell myself XPlane is the answer many times a day. In truth though, I have just as many problems there LOL and I am loathe to abandon P3D at any stage, particularly because I believe that all of these problems may well be self generated and perpetuated.

Regards

Tony

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

Geoffrey,

YEEEHAAAA

Your pointer to Install options appears to be my solution. I am installing FTX Global on my flight sim PC as I am typing on my laptop. Thank you so much for your advice.

I was just thinking however, about my inability to access the ORBX Forum.  Could it possibly be because during my tenure there I have never accessed it nor attempted the creation of a topic of any kind. I know some forums require a probation(?) period and I wonder if this has been the same either now or in the past.

Having said that, I believe that my need for this forum has temporarily evaporated so it is no longer a problem and I shall investigate that further in the near future.

Not being able to download through FTX Central remains a problem, but, simmilarly to the install solution it is no longer the frustration trail that it has been so far. Again something to investigate at my liesure.

So again, thank you so much for your advice. As usual, any advice from members of the forums is always very much appreciated, regardless of whether or not the advice solves the problem. The effort made by some people is amazing and all responses are generally made to try to help.

Cheers and regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.