Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Tokyo Finally!

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Even the name  "Technobrain" just screams scammer haha 

Not sure about the scammer bit but he doesn't appear to have thought through his commercial name that includes the words "no brain".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

25 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not sure about the scammer bit but he doesn't appear to have thought through his commercial name that includes the words "no brain".

That made me laugh, Ray.:ha:

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

That made me laugh, Ray.:ha:

Kind regards, Michael

:smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

I respectfully feel that you are part of the problem then.

If simmers buy such mediocre sceneries from NMG, WingCreation, etc. there is no incentive for these developers to up their game and improve the quality of their offerings.

It makes it all the more galling when the community is willing to provide quality freeware such as this: 

?format=750w

109_fsx_1.jpg

I know which sceneries will receive the acclaim and donations that they rightly deserve.

Calling wing creation mediocre and comparing it to a 15 dollar NMG scenery? Okay you are just trolling. The modeling in KPHL is not better than Narita. You are looking for a fight that looks to be the reason you come here, bye.

8 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Even the name  "Technobrain" just screams scammer haha 

They have been selling scenery for longer than certain concerned posters have been alive

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

Okay you are just trolling. The modeling in KPHL is not better than Narita.

Different poster here. The modeling in KPHL is at least as good as Narita (which I bought on sale — still overpriced). The difference is that one (even on sale!) cost more than any other airport addon I’ve ever bought, and the other was free.

Sorry, he’s not trolling. It’s a totally valid argument. If these Japanese developers are really maximizing their sales with these prices, more power to them. But without either cutting prices to normal addon levels or improving their modeling and quality, I doubt they’ll get many takers in the rest of the world...

James

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Agreed - they will remain a niche developer at best.

6 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

They have been selling scenery for longer than certain concerned posters have been alive

Lol, agree. Obviously Techno's prices haven't hurt their sales overseas, and the Simmarket price is actually less than the Amazon.jp cost when converted. 

I really don't understand the furor over costs. As has been said, if it's too costly there's no requirement to buy. I do a TON of flying out of Tokyo and so already purchased some time ago with no regrets. Yes it was slightly more than my FlyTampa airports and isn't up to their standards, but to compare it to stock scenery is rather silly. 

Ironic IMO that there's so much anger at a 50.00 scenery addon to our 200.00 video game in which many of us fly 100.00+ addon aircraft :cool:

• Like 2

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Just a note: Price has been dropped from 39 € to 29 € until 13 April.

I have a few pet regions including Japan, and I'll get it for that price.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Crap I love japan I'm gonna have to get this till something else comes up my credit card is gonna burn lol.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The one review at Simmarket as of yet notes the “way too high” price and “terrible frame rate” but still gives it three stars and says it’s a “very nice scenery.” Ok then. :biggrin:

If anyone gets it, let us know how it is!

James

So I bought it, as I like to have every add on airport that is in my employers route network even though I personally don’t operate to this particular airport.

It is okay. Better than default. A bit shimmery for my liking but that is P3Dv4 but this one a bit more than normal.

The cvx file does does not fully eliminate default land class bleed through on the edge of the southern island complex but it does not look awful so live with that...

The poster on Simmarket was right with regards to the frames; they are terrible at certain angles at the airport especially approaching / facing north. 

So given I had the day off and wife and kids were not home I spent 5 hours figuring out what the issue is.

I did solve it in the end, it is not a Orbx Vector or Global or insert add on here issue, it is a single .bgl in the RJTT scenery folder.

rjtt_liv_gs_cars.bgl is the culprit. Rename it to ...bgl.off and issue solved.

Just do it and save yourself hours. I can’t even see what the file does but I know what it does not do... 30FPS.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by mwa05
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 2018-03-29 at 12:45 AM, F737NG said:

It makes it all the more galling when the community is willing to provide quality freeware such as this: 

?format=750w

109_fsx_1.jpg

What airport is in that top image?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, mwa05 said:

So I bought it, as I like to have every add on airport that is in my employers route network even though I personally don’t operate to this particular airport.

It is okay. Better than default. A bit shimmery for my liking but that is P3Dv4 but this one a bit more than normal.

The cvx file does does not fully eliminate default land class bleed through on the edge of the southern island complex but it does not look awful so live with that...

The poster on Simmarket was right with regards to the frames; they are terrible at certain angles at the airport especially approaching / facing north. 

So given I had the day off and wife and kids were not home I spent 5 hours figuring out what the issue is.

I did solve it in the end, it is not a Orbx Vector or Global or insert add on here issue, it is a single .bgl in the RJTT scenery folder.

rjtt_liv_gs_cars.bgl is the culprit. Rename it to ...bgl.off and issue solved.

Just do it and save yourself hours. I can’t even see what the file does but I know what it does not do... 30FPS.

Regards,

Mark

Nice job Mark. At the reduced price of 29€ I'll get it and shut off that one file. 

Eric