N2382R

TOPCAT 739 Perf

Recommended Posts

I searched and searched and searched...nada. Does anyone have a TOPCAT profile for the 739?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, N2382R said:

I searched and searched and searched...nada. Does anyone have a TOPCAT profile for the 739?

Real names in the forum please first and last as per regulations.

At aerosoft forum download section there are profiles from all the NG from FlyPrecisely user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chris

as I best I search / read, your link is for PFPX performance files ...... not TOPCAT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vadriver said:

chris

as I best I search / read, your link is for PFPX performance files ...... not TOPCAT.

 

My mistake. Somehow I read PFPX, let's blame the lack of morning coffee :)

 

As far as I know there is no such profile available, an Topcat if I remember correctly according to his developer is not going to be supported any more.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use TOPER when TOPCAT fails,  it is not as comprehensive a tool as TOPCAT in that it does not include engine out obstacle constraints but at least it gives me a derate for my 736, 739 and 77W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downscc said:

I use TOPER when TOPCAT fails,  it is not as comprehensive a tool as TOPCAT in that it does not include engine out obstacle constraints but at least it gives me a derate for my 736, 739 and 77W.

TOPER is something I looked at but that doesn't provide runway margin #s. I'm less concerned with the Derate. My primary objective is to have relatively reliable t/o and ldg distance/margin outputs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use TOPER quite extensively for the B77W and more seldom for the 739 since there is no Topcat profile for either one but I can say on the 77W that though I did a couple of rejected takoff close to V1 I never got our of the runway with the derate and assumed temp computed.
I guess even though the rwy margin is not indicated, you are safe anyway. Same goes of course for normal takeoff where i never overrun the runway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Budbud I hear ya loud and clear. However, as a rw pilot I just love having those numbers in a simulated environment especially since it's a requirement in most t/o and ldg briefings. I was just hopeful that TOPCAT would be usable with the 739 as well since it has the 738 profile. Still hopeful that someone has the zip file from years back that had the custom created profiles.

 

Rgds,

Alexander Gornakov

Edited by N2382R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, N2382R said:

@Budbud I hear ya loud and clear. However, as a rw pilot I just love having those numbers in a simulated environment especially since it's a requirement in most t/o and ldg briefings. I was just hopeful that TOPCAT would be usable with the 739 as well since it has the 738 profile. Still hopeful that someone has the zip file from years back that had the custom created profiles.

So, what is the alternative? Such data has been in demand for quite awhile and nothing has surfaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

None it seems beyond just the FCOM.

 

Rgds,

Alexander Gornakov

Edited by N2382R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far QSimPlan seems great. Have yet to fully verify the outputs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, N2382R said:

So far QSimPlan seems great. Have yet to fully verify the outputs.

I looked at their brief description and it reads as if one must buy the Airbus version to use Navigraph navdata, or one must buy Aerosoft navdata to use the Boeing version.  I'm pure Boeing and have current subscription with Navigraph so it doesn't look like this is something I can use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now