Sign in to follow this  
idoleo2001

TOPCAT configuration for PMDG 738NGX!

Hi!

In Topcat there is not correct configuration for PMDG 738NGX, for this reason i created a version.

The next configuration is specially considered for El-AL 738NGX (142 passengers, 16+126); however if possible make minor changes for use in another 738.

The next configuration contains in brackets the explanation (you need delete this data for your final configuration version):

---

[GENERAL]

Aircraft=PMDG Mixed Class Winglets NGX [title that you will see in TOPCAT]

Units=LB [units used LB or KG]

[CONFIGURATION]

Config=C12 Y148 [seats configuration: "C" is bussiness class and "Y" the por pular class in the aircraft, with the seats associated; is the information for your default aircraft; in TOPCAT interface you can choose another configuration for your particular aircraft, for example 142 seats for El-Al Airlines]

Pax=160 [total passenger configuration; for 738 can be 189 but you can use for a particular aircraft for example 160 in the TOPCAT interface ]

Cargo=47000 [total carriage weight in 738; this value is MZFW-OEW, in this case is 138300-91300 = 47000 lb]

Fuel=46063 [total fuel in pounds]

DOW=94000 [Dry Operating Weight; is the OEW + operation weights (tripulation, tripulations baggage's, equipment for kitchen, etc); this value is variable, but you can estimate a maximum; in this case i choose 94000 lb, but for my particular aircraft i can choose in next sections a weight between OEW and DOW]

MZFW=138300 [defined by Boeing]

MTOW=174200 [define by Boeing; there is three variations, 174200, 172500 and 155500 aproximately, PMDG uses model with 174200 MTOW]

MLW=146300 [define by Boeing; there is two variations, 144300 and 146300, PMDG uses model with 146300]

Assumed=Y [you choose if use assumed temperature for thrust or not]

Derate=Y [you choose if use derate thrust or not]

Combine=Y [you choose if use assumed temperature and derate thrust or not]

[AIRCRAFT]

aircraft.0=B737-800_GE [it is used internally for TOPCAT choose the performance data from model information that have the software]

[TRIM]

wing_root_chord=18.9 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_area=1348.000 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_span=113.1 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_sweep=23.5 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_pos_apex_lon=-43.8 [use from PMDG FS9 TOPCAT file]

empty_weight_CG_position = -57.77 [use from PMDG FS9 TOPCAT file]

MAC_Shift=1.31 [is an adjust parameters for shows the correct %MAC; for example, if in empty weight the FMC shows 20.8% %MAC and with a MAC_Shift TOPCAT shows 15.0%, i need change MAC_Shift until the reading will be the same that FMC; is the process for calibrate the %MAC showed in TOPCAT]

[MAC_LIMITS_ZFW]

mac.0=80000;6;32.3 [data used for the graphics %MAC vrs weights; i read this data from Boeing 738 AFM]

mac.1=105000;6;36 [same showed before]

mac.2=143425;6;36 [same showed before]

mac.3=144000;6.1;36 [same showed before]

mac.4=146300;14.1;36 [same showed before]

[MAC_LIMITS_TOW]

mac.0=80000;6;26.1 [data used for the graphics %MAC vrs weights; i read this data from Boeing 738 AFM]

mac.1=143425;6;34.03 [same showed before]]

mac.2=144000;6.1;34.10 [same showed before]

mac.3=156760;8.70;35.7 [same showed before]

mac.4=173000;12;31 [same showed before]

mac.5=174700;16.8;25.5 [same showed before]

[MAC_LIMITS_LDW]

mac.0=80000;6;32.3 [data used for the graphics %MAC vrs weights; i read this data from Boeing 738 AFM]

[PASSENGER_STATIONS]

station.0=40;-36.16;Fwd Cabin;1 [position read from PMDG Aircraft.cfg file, and adjusted for considering empty position CG show in TRIM section; the first data is the maximum passengers in this position; PMDG divides the passengers weights in three stations, the distribution that they use is 28,17% + 43,66% + 28,17%; for example, if for your flight there is 100 passengers, 28 will be load in station 0, 44 in station 1 and 28 in station 2]

station.1=62;-58.16;Mid Cabin;2 [same showed before]

station.2=40;-80.36;Aft Cabin;3 [same showed before]

[CARGO_STATIONS]

station.0=23500;-36.36;Fwd Cargo;4 [same concept that before; the difference is only two stations for cargo, and i divided the maximum possible cargo in two equals parts]

station.1=23500;-78.66;Aft Cargo;5 [same showed before]

[FUEL]

tank.0=-61.370;4 [position read from PMDG Aircraft.cfg file, and adjusted for considering empty position CG show in TRIM section]

tank.1=-54.144;1 [same showed before]

tank.2=-61.370;7 [same showed before]

;1 Centre Tank

;2 Centre Tank 2

;3 Centre Tank 3

;4 Left Main Tank

;5 Left Aux Tank

;6 Left Tip Tank

;7 Right Main Tank

;8 Right Aux Tank

;9 Right Tip Tank

;10 External Tank 1

;11 External Tank 2

---

The stab trim data obtained from TOPCAT is not same that PMDG NGX, for this reason i don't recomend use it.

I hope that the explanation will be clear.

Sorry for the bad english, is not my first language. ^_^

• Upvote 2

Great! Very useful thank you so much

Could you create also a configuration with 189 pax in single class?

Finally some one did it. :Whew:

Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi!

In Topcat there is not correct configuration for PMDG 738NGX, for this reason i created a version.

The next configuration is specially considered for El-AL 738NGX (142 passengers, 16+126); however if possible make minor changes for use in another 738.

The next configuration contains in brackets the explanation (you need delete this data for your final configuration version):

---

[GENERAL]

Aircraft=PMDG Mixed Class Winglets NGX [title that you will see in TOPCAT]

Units=LB [units used LB or KG]

[CONFIGURATION]

Config=C12 Y148 [seats configuration: "C" is bussiness class and "Y" the por pular class in the aircraft, with the seats associated; is the information for your default aircraft; in TOPCAT interface you can choose another configuration for your particular aircraft, for example 142 seats for El-Al Airlines]

Pax=160 [total passenger configuration; for 738 can be 189 but you can use for a particular aircraft for example 160 in the TOPCAT interface ]

Cargo=47000 [total carriage weight in 738; this value is MZFW-OEW, in this case is 138300-91300 = 47000 lb]

Fuel=46063 [total fuel in pounds]

DOW=94000 [Dry Operating Weight; is the OEW + operation weights (tripulation, tripulations baggage's, equipment for kitchen, etc); this value is variable, but you can estimate a maximum; in this case i choose 94000 lb, but for my particular aircraft i can choose in next sections a weight between OEW and DOW]

MZFW=138300 [defined by Boeing]

MTOW=174200 [define by Boeing; there is three variations, 174200, 172500 and 155500 aproximately, PMDG uses model with 174200 MTOW]

MLW=146300 [define by Boeing; there is two variations, 144300 and 146300, PMDG uses model with 146300]

Assumed=Y [you choose if use assumed temperature for thrust or not]

Derate=Y [you choose if use derate thrust or not]

Combine=Y [you choose if use assumed temperature and derate thrust or not]

[AIRCRAFT]

aircraft.0=B737-800_GE [it is used internally for TOPCAT choose the performance data from model information that have the software]

[TRIM]

wing_root_chord=18.9 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_area=1348.000 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_span=113.1 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_sweep=23.5 [read from PMDG aircraft.cfg file]

wing_pos_apex_lon=-43.8 [use from PMDG FS9 TOPCAT file]

empty_weight_CG_position = -57.77 [use from PMDG FS9 TOPCAT file]

MAC_Shift=1.31 [is an adjust parameters for shows the correct %MAC; for example, if in empty weight the FMC shows 20.8% %MAC and with a MAC_Shift TOPCAT shows 15.0%, i need change MAC_Shift until the reading will be the same that FMC; is the process for calibrate the %MAC showed in TOPCAT]

[MAC_LIMITS_ZFW]

[MAC_LIMITS_TOW]

mac.0=80000;6;26.1 [data used for the graphics %MAC vrs weights; i read this data from Boeing 738 AFM]

mac.1=143425;6;34.03 [same showed before]]

mac.2=144000;6.1;34.10 [same showed before]

mac.3=156760;8.70;35.7 [same showed before]

mac.4=173000;12;31 [same showed before]

mac.5=174700;16.8;25.5 [same showed before]

[MAC_LIMITS_LDW]

[PASSENGER_STATIONS]

station.0=40;-36.16;Fwd Cabin;1 [position read from PMDG Aircraft.cfg file, and adjusted for considering empty position CG show in TRIM section; the first data is the maximum passengers in this position; PMDG divides the passengers weights in three stations, the distribution that they use is 28,17% + 43,66% + 28,17%; for example, if for your flight there is 100 passengers, 28 will be load in station 0, 44 in station 1 and 28 in station 2]

station.1=62;-58.16;Mid Cabin;2 [same showed before]

station.2=40;-80.36;Aft Cabin;3 [same showed before]

[CARGO_STATIONS]

station.0=23500;-36.36;Fwd Cargo;4 [same concept that before; the difference is only two stations for cargo, and i divided the maximum possible cargo in two equals parts]

station.1=23500;-78.66;Aft Cargo;5 [same showed before]

[FUEL]

tank.0=-61.370;4 [position read from PMDG Aircraft.cfg file, and adjusted for considering empty position CG show in TRIM section]

tank.1=-54.144;1 [same showed before]

tank.2=-61.370;7 [same showed before]

;1 Centre Tank

;2 Centre Tank 2

;3 Centre Tank 3

;4 Left Main Tank

;5 Left Aux Tank

;6 Left Tip Tank

;7 Right Main Tank

;8 Right Aux Tank

;9 Right Tip Tank

;10 External Tank 1

;11 External Tank 2

---

The stab trim data obtained from TOPCAT is not same that PMDG NGX, for this reason i don't recomend use it.

I hope that the explanation will be clear.

Sorry for the bad english, is not my first language. ^_^

WOW, thanks(;.

If I want to apply these settings do I need to add another file in Configuration folder or just edit that one in TOPCAT (Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed class?). There is no wing let model, so that's why I am asking.

Also what do you need by this? "The next configuration contains in brackets the explanation (you need delete this data for your final configuration version)" What data do I need to delete?

Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Many thanks for providing this data, I very much appreciate your imitative! It's a shame the developers at Topcat have let NGX specific configuration files fall to the wayside, you would think they would have made its release a priority for the best selling, most accurate aircraft addon of all time.

1. If you like to use another configuration for PMDG Mixed class you don't need create another file. Only start TOPCAT and in "Aircraft" menu duplicate the current profile; this new profile can be modified.

2. The performance information is not available for winglet model, but the difference is minimal for take off or landing data.

3. You can have a configuration file copying the data that is showed previously, but without orange text. You only need delete the orange text.

See ya.

If I want to apply these settings do I need to add another file in Configuration folder or just edit that one in TOPCAT (Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed class?). There is no wing let model, so that's why I am asking.

Also what do you need by this? "The next configuration contains in brackets the explanation (you need delete this data for your final configuration version)" What data do I need to delete?

Thank you.

I will try make a version for single 189 pax.

See ya!

Great! Very useful thank you so much

Could you create also a configuration with 189 pax in single class?

OK I'm a little confused. What is the advantage of this configuration?

I already have a "Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed Class.txt" file in my configurations folder for TOPCAT. Is that for the older FS9 type 737??? I don't get it, because my configuration folder also contains files relating to an iFly 737, and I thought that was a recent aircraft, so I am presuming that perhaps these files are downloaded and updated by TOPCAT???

I thought the TOPCAT figures were based on real aircraft, so I'm guessing the only reason there are different files in the topcat configuration folder (like separate files for PMDG vs iFly) is to account for differences in which particular individual 737 has been modelled - like there will be differences in weight due to the equipment fit. Is this correct?

OK I'm a little confused. What is the advantage of this configuration?

I already have a "Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed Class.txt" file in my configurations folder for TOPCAT. Is that for the older FS9 type 737??? I don't get it, because my configuration folder also contains files relating to an iFly 737, and I thought that was a recent aircraft, so I am presuming that perhaps these files are downloaded and updated by TOPCAT???

I thought the TOPCAT figures were based on real aircraft, so I'm guessing the only reason there are different files in the topcat configuration folder (like separate files for PMDG vs iFly) is to account for differences in which particular individual 737 has been modelled - like there will be differences in weight due to the equipment fit. Is this correct?

The advantage of my configuration is that you can get an %MAC in TOPCAT that is the same that PMDG uses internally; if you use another 737 configuration the %MAC will be not the same and you can set TRIM for take off with incorrectly and you can crash your airplane!

The difference between configurations can be the following:

1. Weights (minimun variations in empty weight or MTOW; remember that Boeing have at least three configurations for the B738)

2. Performance data load from FPPM for each aircraft variation (depends for example of aircraft thrust and type)

3. The most important variations are the stations considered for weight's distribution in aircraft, and the position for that; for example now PMDG NGX uses for default 5 stations points (two for cargo's weights and three for passenger's weights). The number of stations and the position that theses points have relative to CG determine the %MAC and TRIM adjust, and changes a lot between variations modeled (PMDG FS9, PMDG NGX, iFly, etc.).

See ya!

Can you make one for the 737-700?

Hi!

I don't have B737 NGX package.

Sorry!

See ya!

As long as you are in the green stab trim area on the stab position indicator, the chances of crashing the airplane due to it are really slim as a small input on the control column is all that is gonna be required for the proper attitude pitch setting during takeoff. It is not as critical as some people think. Nothing wrong with setting it exactly as per the book though! Save the pilots from having to do a trim correction on liftoff/initial takeoff phase.

Hello back. I m not sure I understood the process

Few questions:

"Only start TOPCAT and in "Aircraft" menu duplicate the current profile; this new profile can be modified."

First if what is the current profile? Why do I need to duplicate profile? In aircraft folder I have B737-800_GE file. Is that what I need? Do i need to duplicate this file and rename it? (otherwise it wont paste the same name file). doing this configurations folder stays the same. So what is the point of duplicating current profile?

"You can have a configuration file copying the data that is showed previously, but without orange text. You only need delete the orange text"

So, where do I have to paste those data, into what file withing config folder?

Thank you.

Hello back. I m not sure I understood the process

Few questions:

"Only start TOPCAT and in "Aircraft" menu duplicate the current profile; this new profile can be modified."

First if what is the current profile? Why do I need to duplicate profile? In aircraft folder I have B737-800_GE file. Is that what I need? Do i need to duplicate this file and rename it? (otherwise it wont paste the same name file). doing this configurations folder stays the same. So what is the point of duplicating current profile?

"You can have a configuration file copying the data that is showed previously, but without orange text. You only need delete the orange text"

So, where do I have to paste those data, into what file withing config folder?

Thank you.

Ok, the complete procedures is the following:

1. Install TOPCAT

2. Open installation TOPCAT folder

3. Open Configurations folder

4. Create a new TXT file and write the name that you like

5. Open TXT file

6. Copy the data that i put above in this forum topic (don't copy the orange text)

7. Open TOPCAT and set the settings for regular use

8. In TPCAT Aicraft menu set "Add"

9. Choose the options for your Aicraft and in "Configuration" setting choose the file that you create in step 6

10. Press "Save" button

11.You now can use the TOPCAT pprogram for configurate your flight with B737NGX!

See ya!