Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

B200 Raisbeck EPIC with PT6A-52 Engines Mod Released

Bill, using P3D 2.4 and the original version without the above mentioned mod and everything seems to work fine regarding the generators, perhaps in P3D 2.5 the variable for a generator being active changed, there were a lot of changes in 2.5?

Thank you for another great mod to this iconic aircraft!

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

4 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Bill, using P3D 2.4 and the original version without the above mentioned mod and everything seems to work fine regarding the generators, perhaps in P3D 2.5 the variable for a generator being active changed, there were a lot of changes in 2.5?

Thank you for another great mod to this iconic aircraft!

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

First, thank you very much for the info.  Actually, if P3Dv2 is working properly with the original release, it means the variable changed in v2.  That same file will work in V3 and v4 but not v1 or FSX/Steam.  Good info that I can incorporate in future mods. 

Regards,

Bill

Ah, yes that makes sense.

Thanks again for a really great mod! Such a joy flying her now!

Cheers

Martin

Gord, PM Bill by clicking on his name (whamil77) and he will send it to you.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

I really like this mod and appreciate Bill sharing this.

I do have a question.  It seems that the visual ITT indication doesn't match the tooltip by almost 190 deg.  I normally do not use the tool tips, but, it seems as if the engines are running hot.  

I am at FL240, ISA +5, and set for 1800 RPM / normal cruise power (1940 Ft Lbs using the Raisbeck charts ISA +10).  With that I am getting a visual indication of 790 deg (tooltip 600).  Airspeed is almost to the book (great job Bill).

Is that expected behavior?  There is no way I could get to maximum cruise power w/o toasting an engine, it seems.   (2070 ft lbs for ISA +10 / 1800 RPM).  Also tried 1700 RPM, similar results.

All in v4.2 using the gns panel cfg.

Thanks for any thoughts..

Joe

Joe Lorenc

Joe,

The tooltip is based on FSX/P3D variables, which are wrong beyond belief. 

I just did FL240, ISA+10, 1800 RPM/max cruise power 2070 ft lbs ( I actually got it settled at 2098 ft lbs.)  Got approx 815C ITT, 5C below the limit.  Looking at that particular chart, the engines become ITT limited somewhere between FL220 and FL240.  This means ITT is maxed-out, therefore the power levers can't be pushed further forward and torque decreases with altitude.  The fact that I got the charted power at 5C below the ITT limit means that the engines are actually running a little cold in my mod.

Most operators wouldn't run the engines up against the ITT limit but the manufacturer can use it to advertise the maximum possible TAS.  But 815C is not an unreasonable setting on an engine that has an 820C limit.  

I ran the engines a little cold to account for the terrible PID controller so overshoots wouldn't cause spontaneous engine fires.

Regards,

Bill 

Thanks for the info Bill - that helps a lot.

Joe

Joe Lorenc

Bill, I have not had a chance to thank you for this incredible mod.  I am using it in Air Hauler now and I was so excited to see I had an engine fire, I LOVED IT.  Yeah, I am now having to be more careful, and that's just the point.  I have wished and hoped for years that these Carenado planes would have engine failures so they would feel more real, and you have given us this with the B200.  Carenado did a little of this wih the Caravan 2 twin TP, and the Cheyenne II engines would cut out if you left them cranked too long, but to actually see the engine burst in to flames is just too wonderful.  Thank you so much.

I would love to see this sam mod for other Carenado planes, like the 690 Turbo prop Shrike and the newer Cheyenne III.  Man, just imagine it on the two Caravan versions the older with the first and the Cargo master and the newer G1000 model, that would be sweet, and the TBM 850, ooh that one could use this entire mod.  But alas, I know you only have one life to live.

I just love this darn mod, you have made the B200 a completely new plane and I went on and uninstalled my original (well, just deleted the folder as I knew not to uninstall any of the guages and such)  Please figure out a way to live a double life so we could get this same mod on many more of the Carenado planes that need these failures and mods to be more realistic.

Thanks again.  Please, CARENADO, let Bill show you how he did these and have your folks add this mod to other planes and put out some patches.  Your customers would LOVE these mods for their older planes like the TBM,  or the Cheyyene III and the 690B, heck, all your turbo props.

8 hours ago, TNguitar said:

Bill, I have not had a chance to thank you for this incredible mod.  I am using it in Air Hauler now and I was so excited to see I had an engine fire, I LOVED IT.  Yeah, I am now having to be more careful, and that's just the point.  I have wished and hoped for years that these Carenado planes would have engine failures so they would feel more real, and you have given us this with the B200.  Carenado did a little of this wih the Caravan 2 twin TP, and the Cheyenne II engines would cut out if you left them cranked too long, but to actually see the engine burst in to flames is just too wonderful.  Thank you so much.

I would love to see this sam mod for other Carenado planes, like the 690 Turbo prop Shrike and the newer Cheyenne III.  Man, just imagine it on the two Caravan versions the older with the first and the Cargo master and the newer G1000 model, that would be sweet, and the TBM 850, ooh that one could use this entire mod.  But alas, I know you only have one life to live.

I just love this darn mod, you have made the B200 a completely new plane and I went on and uninstalled my original (well, just deleted the folder as I knew not to uninstall any of the guages and such)  Please figure out a way to live a double life so we could get this same mod on many more of the Carenado planes that need these failures and mods to be more realistic.

Thanks again.  Please, CARENADO, let Bill show you how he did these and have your folks add this mod to other planes and put out some patches.  Your customers would LOVE these mods for their older planes like the TBM,  or the Cheyyene III and the 690B, heck, all your turbo props.

Thank you for the very kind words.  Your sentiment is greatly appreciated. 

I plan to go back through the older mods and update them with correct ITT and N1 behavior and yes, consequences for abusing the engines.  However, the weather has gotten nice and the "Ponderosa" as well as the golf game needs attention.  The mod train will be running pretty slowly until the weather breaks this Winter I'm afraid. 

Edited by whamil77

A really awesome mod. Thanks for all your work and the time involved, Bill. ☺️

Most would use the Normal Cruise Power torque settings. And at 1700 rpm. 

The engine ITT technically should be no more then 775 with those power settings. Not 820. 

On 9/9/2018 at 7:01 PM, Raging Bull said:

Most would use the Normal Cruise Power torque settings. And at 1700 rpm. 

The engine ITT technically should be no more then 775 with those power settings. Not 820. 

I have not done the ITT correction on this mod yet.  The ITT here is the normal FSX/P3D programming.  Before I can do a mod however, I will need actual data on how the ITT behaves in the -10 Turbo Commander.  I don't have any of that data, so I'm dead in the water.