....as the title says.

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alright, time to move onto more important matters, like ground physics grrrr

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

vr, vr, vr...come on LR, lets move on to as Ryan says, more important matters, ATC, ground physics, Vulkan. 

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Moving clouds

Moon

Daylight

Gals in beaches

all priorities until XP11 get's to the final release!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Moving clouds

Moon

Daylight

Gals in beaches

lol I love the list perfect :)

we need Vulkan. hope its possible this year.

5 hours ago, france89 said:

Don't worry! It will be all in XP12! :P

When XP12 is released, I guess the priority will be modeling more accurately the physics of the running deers and flying birds :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, alexcolka said:

modeling more accurately the physics of the running deers and flying birds 

:laugh::laugh:, love this one!

Edited by CarlosF

Posted (edited)

I actually agree with LR’s focus on VR.

I’ll fly the sim happily enough 

On 19/04/2018 at 11:51 PM, CarlosF said:

vr, vr, vr...come on LR, lets move on to as Ryan says, more important matters, ATC, ground physics, Vulkan. 

I actually agree with LR’s approach here.

ground physics is imperfect, but very usable.

however, its 2018. Theres a bunch of simmers - myself included - who flat out wont fly the simulation if it doesnt have a good VR implementation.

So good work LR, and bring on Vulcan!

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

It's in their focus for 10.30 and following the revised ground physics of tailwheel aircraft, new autopilot functionalities and more... like AMD and Vulkan...

Edited by jcomm

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I actually agree with LR’s focus on VR.

I’ll fly the sim happily enough 

I actually agree with LR’s approach here.

ground physics is imperfect, but very usable.

however, its 2018. Theres a bunch of simmers - myself included - who flat out wont fly the simulation if it doesnt have a good VR implementation.

So good work LR, and bring on Vulcan!

Usually people that post against VR are either physically not able to use the glasses or just do not have the means to buy the VR kit and/or upgrade their rigs to get a decent performance out of it. 

But fear not, all top-tier developers are aware of the potential of VR and of its exponential growth among simmers. I would take the analysis of a John Venema, Mathjis Kok, Robert Randazzo, Lockheed Martin and Laminar Ressarch when it comes to VR instead of the same naysayers on this and other forums. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Usually people that post against VR are either physically not able to use the glasses or just do not have the means to buy the VR kit and/or upgrade their rigs to get a decent performance out of it. 

But fear not, all top-tier developers are aware of the potential of VR and of its exponential growth among simmers. I would take the analysis of a John Venema, Mathjis Kok, Robert Randazzo, Lockheed Martin and Laminar Ressarch when it comes to VR instead of the same naysayers on this and other forums. 

anyone who has invested time, effort and money into getting VR to work well knows that this is a big part of the future of simulation.

LR was a bit late to this party, but are certainly making up for that with their recent 11.20 beta releases. Like a lot of others, I now use it as my main VR flight platform (which is the same as saying that i use it as my main sim, as I no longer have any interest in flying with a monitor).

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2018 at 8:23 AM, jt8d9a said:

....as the title says.

Wish Xplane, Austin and the team would have fixed the dark contrails in the flight levels in this release.  I've reported it as a bug, it is unaesthetically not appealing, one thing P3d gets right, and FSX and FS9 before it, are the contrails which look very realistic when you pass by AI in the flight levels, especially when it is passed at a 90 degree level.  The contrails look like jet exhaust coming out of a 727 or 707 at ground level, or an L1011, those days are long gone in jet aviation.

Really my only quibble with Xplane, but a big one for those who enjoy watching flight level AI.

John

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

The contrails look like jet exhaust coming out of a 727 or 707 at ground level, or an L1011, those days are long gone in jet aviation.

But...the 727 is my favorite plane! 

All kidding aside, this is something that LR has said will be fixed in the new particle system. But vulkan is a higher priority since all visual effects will be driven by it in the near future.  

People like to hate on VR for some reason because the belief is that it takes resources away from development of features that they feel are more important. However I don't agree with this line of thought.

VR is what is largely pushing the need for a new rendering pipeline, Vulkan, the performance improvements will allow for a better particle system, which means improvements in weather, and other visual areas. The offloading of these from the core CPU frees up the system to do more complex flight models and AI. 

VR is a good thing, even if you never plan to use it, you will still be getting the benefits of the new technologies that are being developed for it.

Kinda think of it this way, we spend billions to send a few people to space, but will I ever get to go to space... most likely no...but I get the indirect benefits of it (and more than just drinking Tang every day)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, carrotroot said:

But...the 727 is my favorite plane! 

All kidding aside, this is something that LR has said will be fixed in the new particle system. But vulkan is a higher priority since all visual effects will be driven by it in the near future.  

People like to hate on VR for some reason because the belief is that it takes resources away from development of features that they feel are more important. However I don't agree with this line of thought.

VR is what is largely pushing the need for a new rendering pipeline, Vulkan, the performance improvements will allow for a better particle system, which means improvements in weather, and other visual areas. The offloading of these from the core CPU frees up the system to do more complex flight models and AI. 

VR is a good thing, even if you never plan to use it, you will still be getting the benefits of the new technologies that are being developed for it.

Kinda think of it this way, we spend billions to send a few people to space, but will I ever get to go to space... most likely no...but I get the indirect benefits of it (and more than just drinking Tang every day)

Amen my friend, Amen. Well said!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Really, and how did you arrive to that conclusion? I haven't shown you my wallet or bank account..lol

Joke aside...Not may case buddy, but from what I have read and quite a lot fo people seem to experience the same, is that VR as it is today causes lots of headaches and dizziness after just a few minutes, so no, I'm not spending $500 on something that is still in its infancy. Will get one in a couple of years, by then computers will be quite faster, VR tech will be much more advanced (with out the headaches and dizziness) and XP hopefully will have good ATC, great Weather generator, ground physics will be awesome and Jcom's wish of "girls on the beach" will be a reality. :biggrin:

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Buy barely used VR headsets cheap, as many find them unusable. . I one day try VR but going to give it at least a couple more years.

19 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

VR tech will be much more advanced (with out the headaches and dizziness)

Why not taking a few pills to cure the biochemical issue while enjoying the VR technology now then? :blink:

On 20/04/2018 at 1:36 AM, jcomm said:

Moving clouds

Moon

Daylight

Gals in beaches

5a3c9ffdeba52_Runner1.jpg.153073b8322183

Well p3d can do it

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Really, and how did you arrive to that conclusion? I haven't shown you my wallet or bank account..lol

Joke aside...Not may case buddy, but from what I have read and quite a lot fo people seem to experience the same, is that VR as it is today causes lots of headaches and dizziness after just a few minutes, so no, I'm not spending $500 on something that is still in its infancy. Will get one in a couple of years, by then computers will be quite faster, VR tech will be much more advanced (with out the headaches and dizziness) and XP hopefully will have good ATC, great Weather generator, ground physics will be awesome and Jcom's wish of "girls on the beach" will be a reality. :biggrin:

You won´t know until you tried. There are quite a few people that get headaches from watching TV or epileptic seizures from playing video games, too.

For what it is worth, I can play Aces High 3 in VR for hours (WWII online sim) yanking and banking without getting sick or headaches. Everyone is different, but to refrain from something just because "you read..." is robbing yourself the chance to experience something really cool.

Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It is interesting in who gets dizzy and who does not. I have two friends, one 82 and on 74 that get dizzy soon after putting on the headset - but I have another friend, 74, that can fly VR all day. My 76 year old lady friend does not get dizzy or sick and can wear the headset for hours. Go figure,,who,,who knows until you try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, harrry said:

5a3c9ffdeba52_Runner1.jpg.153073b8322183

Well p3d can do it

This would be nicer instead of the running deers :biggrin:

2 hours ago, alexcolka said:

This would be nicer instead of the running deers :biggrin:

I don´t know, I would have to see that in "motion" ...