Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

XP 11.20r1 is out

49 minutes ago, carrotroot said:

But...the 727 is my favorite plane! 

All kidding aside, this is something that LR has said will be fixed in the new particle system. But vulkan is a higher priority since all visual effects will be driven by it in the near future.  

People like to hate on VR for some reason because the belief is that it takes resources away from development of features that they feel are more important. However I don't agree with this line of thought.

VR is what is largely pushing the need for a new rendering pipeline, Vulkan, the performance improvements will allow for a better particle system, which means improvements in weather, and other visual areas. The offloading of these from the core CPU frees up the system to do more complex flight models and AI. 

VR is a good thing, even if you never plan to use it, you will still be getting the benefits of the new technologies that are being developed for it.

Kinda think of it this way, we spend billions to send a few people to space, but will I ever get to go to space... most likely no...but I get the indirect benefits of it (and more than just drinking Tang every day)

Amen my friend, Amen. Well said!

15 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Usually people that post against VR are either physically not able to use the glasses or just do not have the means to buy the VR kit and/or upgrade their rigs to get a decent performance out of it. 

Really, and how did you arrive to that conclusion? I haven't shown you my wallet or bank account..lol

Joke aside...Not may case buddy, but from what I have read and quite a lot fo people seem to experience the same, is that VR as it is today causes lots of headaches and dizziness after just a few minutes, so no, I'm not spending $500 on something that is still in its infancy. Will get one in a couple of years, by then computers will be quite faster, VR tech will be much more advanced (with out the headaches and dizziness) and XP hopefully will have good ATC, great Weather generator, ground physics will be awesome and Jcom's wish of "girls on the beach" will be a reality. :biggrin:

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Buy barely used VR headsets cheap, as many find them unusable. . I one day try VR but going to give it at least a couple more years.

19 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

VR tech will be much more advanced (with out the headaches and dizziness)

Why not taking a few pills to cure the biochemical issue while enjoying the VR technology now then? :blink:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 20/04/2018 at 1:36 AM, jcomm said:

Moving clouds

Moon

Daylight

Gals in beaches

all priorities until XP11 get's to the final release!

5a3c9ffdeba52_Runner1.jpg.153073b8322183

Well p3d can do it

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

4 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Really, and how did you arrive to that conclusion? I haven't shown you my wallet or bank account..lol

Joke aside...Not may case buddy, but from what I have read and quite a lot fo people seem to experience the same, is that VR as it is today causes lots of headaches and dizziness after just a few minutes, so no, I'm not spending $500 on something that is still in its infancy. Will get one in a couple of years, by then computers will be quite faster, VR tech will be much more advanced (with out the headaches and dizziness) and XP hopefully will have good ATC, great Weather generator, ground physics will be awesome and Jcom's wish of "girls on the beach" will be a reality. :biggrin:

You won´t know until you tried. There are quite a few people that get headaches from watching TV or epileptic seizures from playing video games, too.

For what it is worth, I can play Aces High 3 in VR for hours (WWII online sim) yanking and banking without getting sick or headaches. Everyone is different, but to refrain from something just because "you read..." is robbing yourself the chance to experience something really cool.

Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It is interesting in who gets dizzy and who does not. I have two friends, one 82 and on 74 that get dizzy soon after putting on the headset - but I have another friend, 74, that can fly VR all day. My 76 year old lady friend does not get dizzy or sick and can wear the headset for hours. Go figure,,who,,who knows until you try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

13 hours ago, harrry said:

5a3c9ffdeba52_Runner1.jpg.153073b8322183

Well p3d can do it

This would be nicer instead of the running deers :biggrin:

Alexander Colka

2 hours ago, alexcolka said:

This would be nicer instead of the running deers :biggrin:

I don´t know, I would have to see that in "motion" ...

As I said above, you have to give VR a fair go. For many, it will take time - around a month - to fully adapt.

when I first put on a headset, I thought it was cool, but completely impractical. Dizziness and nausea after a few minutes, or with any aggressive manoeuvres. 

I thought my prison-based home cockpit was under no threat.

By a few weeks later, after a small amount of research, I was flying only in be.

18 months later, it’s all I fly.

too many people give up too early, don’t set things up properly or don’t even give br a try. 

Youre missing out - give it a real go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

11 hours ago, strat919 said:

What addon in p3dv4 do you use for the bikini girl?:)

Helgoland professional

it is available for fsx and Aeorofly too.  Rather an interesting and very well done microenvironment.  Unfortunately I stole that picture from the Aerosoft forum where I think it was the developer posted it.  I do not think my computer will run it well.  My guess is if you like helicopters it would be well worth a look.

I have not pasted a link as I do not think this is allowed.

There is a free Helgoland availible for Xplane on the org but I think it is a much earlier one.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

On 4/23/2018 at 12:37 AM, Janov said:

but to refrain from something just because "you read..." is robbing yourself the chance to experience something really cool.

I'm not robbing myself from anything, I like spending my hard earn cash wisely, as I said in my post,  will get one later when VR technology is more mature.

Would you buy a car just for the experience of something really cool even though you "read" customers are complaining about engine misfiring? I doubt it!

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Regarding the acceptance rate of VR, I think some of us are waiting for the resolution to be at least a little better than the current technology, for reading gauges and not having to bump down the eye candy outside the windscreen too much.

Actually I don't care that much about the outside world quality; I assume the 3D immersion makes up for it. But I do need to see the gauges and switches without constantly moving my head back and forth to the instrument panel.

The current nonsense with bitcoin mining driving up the price of GPU's doesn't help either. I want to upgrade from my current GTX970 before I even think about trying VR, and the GPU market hasn't stabilized yet. I could afford a 1080 or 1080ti at "normal" market prices, but I won't pay an inflated price. 

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

54 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I'm not robbing myself from anything, I like spending my hard earn cash wisely, as I said in my post,  will get one later when VR technology is more mature.

Would you buy a car just for the experience of something really cool even though you "read" customers are complaining about engine misfiring? I doubt it!

It depends on how cool that "something" really was. If the misfiring car was as much cooler as even current state VR is over non-VR, you bet I would get it :biggrin:. Plus it´s my experience that the most vocal customers are usually those that have problems. If you wouldn´t buy anything that has a negative review - you wouldn´t buy much at all...There is a silent majority having a blast, and some negative grouches that try to find a hair in every soup.

I think VR right now is just like the early cellphones back then. Not like the iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy, but clearly the sign of something important and inevitable to come.

Try to find a store that demo´s the Rift or Vive, then you can get a good idea how it works for you. I actually give people the advice to wait for the next generation, but it is hard to hold people back that have experienced the effect themselves...

Jan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1