Sign in to follow this  
Bob650

SAAB 340 Released!

Woohoo! Just bought it- I haven't gotten much of a chance to fly it yet but first impressions are good. As usual, the modeling and texturing is impeccable, which is what I was mainly interested in with this plane (I have the LES Saab in XP11 for my 'realistic' flying). I really hope they hurry up with the XP11 Conversion! I'm busy for the next week but I'll start pumping out liveries soon. Depending on how easy the paintkit is to work with I hope to have at least a few out sometime within a month. Here is my list in order of when they'll be made/released:

Real Registrations/Tail Numbers for all included liveries (currently, they all have fictional tail numbers). 

Northwest Airlink (Red)

KLM Cityhopper (old, white+blue tail)

NWA Airlink (Silver)

American Eagle

Delta Connection (current)

Continental Connection (final)

US Airways (Dark Blue/Black)

United Express (Merger)

United Express (Rising Blue)

Trans World Express (Red stripe- semi-fictional)

Pacific Coastal (New and Old)

British Airways (Union)

Estonian Air

I might do these two but it will be difficult due to complexity/lack of materials:

Northwest Airlink Mesaba 25th Anniversary

Flamingo Airlines Kenya

That should keep me busy for a while :) I am somewhat experienced with painting, having made repaints for the Dornier 228, B1900D, and other non-Carenado planes in the past, but this list will give me a great chance to hone my photoshop skills. Of course, I don't want anyone to be dissuaded from painting any of the schemes I listed above: in fact, I encourage it so I can move on to other things if someone else convers any of these! Also, all the liveries I paint will be converted to XP11 the second the plane is released for that platform. 

Edited by hmn434
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

I'd would really appreciate if you could paint this one:

http://www.airliners.net/search?keywords=saab+340+quebecair+express.

This company does not exist anymore, but it would remember me old days....

Best regards.

Real

That's a really interesting scheme! I've never heard of that airline before. If it was a very simple scheme I'd be inclined to move it to the top of my list, but I don't think I'll get around to painting it until I've covered most of the ones I listed above. Carenado's paint mapping makes curves very difficult, and that scheme has a design that extends to multiple different parts of the fuselage that are split on the paintkit. I generally only have the patience to do complex schemes that I feel a personal connection to and would fly a lot myself, and I wouldn't want to do a half-baked job. But anyway, I'll put it on the list and will let you know if/when I get around to making it. In the meantime, there's a member of the OZx website who is also active here (jeansy) who has made a lot of repaints for the Fokker 50. If he decides to paint the Saab, ask him and he might get around to it quicker than I will! 

Edited by hmn434

2 hours ago, hmn434 said:

... (I have the LES Saab in XP11 for my 'realistic' flying). I really hope they hurry up with the XP11 Conversion! ...

They have released the XP11 version. Check the website.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, hmn434 said:

Real Registrations/Tail Numbers for all included liveries (currently, they all have fictional tail numbers)

The included Rex Australia VH-RXP is real world

steve southey

Just now, JustanotherPilot said:

The included Rex Australia VH-RXP is real world

Yes, but the registration belongs to either a Robinson 22 or a Cessna 150, (depending on which source is more accurate), not a REX Saab. Carenado chose to paint a REX Saab with blue engines, and the only one that I could find that had blue engines at some point is VH-ZJS, so I'll add that tail number instead. 

19 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

They have released the XP11 version. Check the website.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I know of, own, and really like the XP11 version of the LES. I am also looking forward to the XP11 release of the Carenado Saab. 

1 hour ago, hmn434 said:

That's a really interesting scheme! I've never heard of that airline before. If it was a very simple scheme I'd be inclined to move it to the top of my list, but I don't think I'll get around to painting it until I've covered most of the ones I listed above. Carenado's paint mapping makes curves very difficult, and that scheme has a design that extends to multiple different parts of the fuselage that are split on the paintkit. I generally only have the patience to do complex schemes that I feel a personal connection to and would fly a lot myself, and I wouldn't want to do a half-baked job. But anyway, I'll put it on the list and will let you know if/when I get around to making it. In the meantime, there's a member of the OZx website who is also active here (jeansy) who has made a lot of repaints for the Fokker 50. If he decides to paint the Saab, ask him and he might get around to it quicker than I will! 

It was a very small company here in Quebec (Canada). Anyways, i can wait after you're finished with the list you have. I can also see with OZx if you can't.

Best regards.

Real

Real Deraps

Must be popular..been downloading for an hour and still 2 hours remaining..70 KB/sec :ohmy:

Michael Hutton

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB | MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | WD Blue SN580 M.2 2TB | Samsung SSD 990 Pro 2TB x 2 | Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB | NZXT C1200 1200W PSU | NZXT H9 Elite Mid-Tower | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | Allegiant Virtual Airlines

1 hour ago, msair said:

CROSSAIR was a very popular airline across europe with Saab 340 / 2000.

So it would be very cool if any repaint artist could design one of its liveries

+1 for Crossair and Aer Lingus Commuter would be very much appreciated too if anyone out there feels like painting it!

Bill

How is it?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Have only done 1 short flight (KMGY to KSDF). Flight model seems very stable, has a slightly heavier feel than the F50. Not sure I understand the autopilot - is it supposed to capture selected altitude during climb or descent? It did capture and follow an ILS approach. Difficult to read overhead panel. No problem with FPS on my system with default weather. I assume "auto coarsen" is some kind of prop rpm control, but didn't find any mention in documents.

Dale

Dale

5 minutes ago, tanker said:

Have only done 1 short flight (KMGY to KSDF). Flight model seems very stable, has a slightly heavier feel than the F50. Not sure I understand the autopilot - is it supposed to capture selected altitude during climb or descent? It did capture and follow an ILS approach. Difficult to read overhead panel. No problem with FPS on my system with default weather. I assume "auto coarsen" is some kind of prop rpm control, but didn't find any mention in documents.

Dale

Autocorsen, when set correctly, should automatically grab the throttles and automatically advance it to your set torque value once it engages. But have not been successful in getting it to work.

Has anybody been able to use auto corsen?

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090