Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

BVAI and vPilot AI are merging.

Recommended Posts

This is great news for those of us that fly online. This package is getting better every day.

https://fselite.net/news/vpilot-ai-and-bvai-are-merging/

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-10900K@5.2 (HT off) / Asus Maximus Hero Z490 / RTX 3090 FE / Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4400@4000CL17 / ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 / Phanteks Eclipse P600S / 2ea Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB / 1ea Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / Sony 43in 4K @ 30Hz / P3Dv5.1 & MSFS2020

Share this post


Link to post

Dan,

I'm curious of the benefits of the merger...maybe just the power of combined human resource.

I had tried vPilot AI just prior to installing BVAI, and found them to be virtually identical. BVAI had a somewhat larger airframe/livery list, but the source material appeared to be almost all the same. So don't expect BVAI to suddenly see an explosion of additional models/liveries as a result of the merger.

I use/d them both with PSXseecontraffic/RealTraffic, and upon running VMRGenerator to create a model/livery list for PSXseecontraffic, even the errors were virtually identical for vPilot AI and BVAI...things such as missing or incorrect parking codes, aircraft codes, airline codes, livery errors, etc. Mind you, the errors were only on maybe a 150 or so, out of a total of 1300-1400 models/liveries (all approx. numbers just for reference).

I manually corrected everything that could be corrected, and with BVAI v5, I currently have 1569 model/livery combos validated by VMRGenerator.

I probably won't be installing any of the newer versions of BVAI until they've fixed the bugs I found, and until the handful of FS9 model files are updated to at least FSX models.

I am VERY happy with BVAI, and as a result, will not be buying UTL, or any other new AI traffic addon.

All of the above is with P3Dv4.1

Kind Regards,

 


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Share this post


Link to post

be aware as good as the pack is, there's a ton of models that are not p3dv4 compatible.  

also theres a bigger amount of HUGE hd textures that if your running in 4k it will give you problems at big airports.


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png  913456

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, somiller said:

Dan,

I'm curious of the benefits of the merger...maybe just the power of combined human resource.

I had tried vPilot AI just prior to installing BVAI, and found them to be virtually identical. BVAI had a somewhat larger airframe/livery list, but the source material appeared to be almost all the same. So don't expect BVAI to suddenly see an explosion of additional models/liveries as a result of the merger.

I use/d them both with PSXseecontraffic/RealTraffic, and upon running VMRGenerator to create a model/livery list for PSXseecontraffic, even the errors were virtually identical for vPilot AI and BVAI...things such as missing or incorrect parking codes, aircraft codes, airline codes, livery errors, etc. Mind you, the errors were only on maybe a 150 or so, out of a total of 1300-1400 models/liveries (all approx. numbers just for reference).

I manually corrected everything that could be corrected, and with BVAI v5, I currently have 1569 model/livery combos validated by VMRGenerator.

I probably won't be installing any of the newer versions of BVAI until they've fixed the bugs I found, and until the handful of FS9 model files are updated to at least FSX models.

I am VERY happy with BVAI, and as a result, will not be buying UTL, or any other new AI traffic addon.

All of the above is with P3Dv4.1

Kind Regards,

 

vPilot does not come with any AI. It only comes with the ability to read a pre-installed AI pack on your machine. If you already had a freeware AI installed, then it would explain why you found BVAI and 'vPilot AI' to be identical as they're probably from the same pool of freeware developers. 

As for VRMGenerator, BVAI comes with it's own pre-existing custom VMR file which you can add into vPilot so you didn't need to go through the errors and fix them. The file is available on BVAIs website.

As far as I am aware, all the models that come with BVAI are FSX native so they shouldn't have any trouble working in P3D.

Lastly, BVAI is just a set of models. It is completely different to what programs such as UT2, UTL and the upcoming JustFlight Traffic Global aim to achieve, which is to fill your skies with AI traffic regardless of who is behind the controls or if you're flying online/offline. With BVAI, the models will only show up online when someone is within the predefined range of vPilot. With all the others I mentioned, you can be anywhere in the world and your airports/skies will populate with AI regardless of your network connectivity status so comparing the paid ones to BVAI is kind of a pointless exercise as they serve entirely different purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, krazyk said:

As far as I am aware, all the models that come with BVAI are FSX native so they shouldn't have any trouble working in P3D.

No, not at this time. 25+ models are FS9 models, unless they have been updated recently.


System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, P3D 5.0, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels,Stream Deck XL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

No, not at this time. 25+ models are FS9 models

Considering the various issues encountered with FS9 models, why have they been included?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Considering the various issues encountered with FS9 models, why have they been included?

They are waiting for them to be updated. They BVAI decided to release so users could use them whilst waiting. So I used Lorby's thumbnail viewer to identify FS9 models and remove them

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, P3D 5.0, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels,Stream Deck XL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Considering the various issues encountered with FS9 models, why have they been included?

I think they went under the radar.. :wink

They release an open beta, so I guess they are correcting the problems.

S.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

I think they went under the radar.. :wink

They release an open beta, so I guess they are correcting the problems.

S.

Fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, krazyk said:

As for VRMGenerator, BVAI comes with it's own pre-existing custom VMR file which you can add into vPilot so you didn't need to go through the errors and fix them. The file is available on BVAIs website.

FYI: He used VMRGenerator for PSXseeconTraffic (to generate the AI_Liveries.txt file) so not for vPilot. Contrary to the name, VMRGenerator does not generate a VMR file anymore...

Nico Kaan

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, kiek said:

FYI: He used VMRGenerator for PSXseeconTraffic (to generate the AI_Liveries.txt file) so not for vPilot. Contrary to the name, VMRGenerator does not generate a VMR file anymore...

Nico Kaan

With the improved model matching rule sets now generated by vPilot, is there anything additional which  VMR Generator adds to the process ?

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, ErichB said:

With the improved model matching rule sets now generated by vPilot, is there anything additional which  VMR Generator adds to the process ?

No while VMRGenerator can no longer be used for vPilot, it does not generate a VMR file anymore...

It has lots of extra functionality, such as checking your soundai configuration, but that's is all meant for use for my real live traffic program PSXseeconTraffic. I'm thinking of changing the name into AI_lister or something like that, don't know yet.

 

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, krazyk said:

vPilot does not come with any AI. It only comes with the ability to read a pre-installed AI pack on your machine. If you already had a freeware AI installed, then it would explain why you found BVAI and 'vPilot AI' to be identical as they're probably from the same pool of freeware developers. 

As for VRMGenerator, BVAI comes with it's own pre-existing custom VMR file which you can add into vPilot so you didn't need to go through the errors and fix them. The file is available on BVAIs website.

As far as I am aware, all the models that come with BVAI are FSX native so they shouldn't have any trouble working in P3D.

Lastly, BVAI is just a set of models. It is completely different to what programs such as UT2, UTL and the upcoming JustFlight Traffic Global aim to achieve, which is to fill your skies with AI traffic regardless of who is behind the controls or if you're flying online/offline. With BVAI, the models will only show up online when someone is within the predefined range of vPilot. With all the others I mentioned, you can be anywhere in the world and your airports/skies will populate with AI regardless of your network connectivity status so comparing the paid ones to BVAI is kind of a pointless exercise as they serve entirely different purposes.

Karen,

Please reread my post where I discuss "vPilot AI", not vPilot. You could've saved yourself a lot of typing. Also, had you read my post, you would note that I never mention using vPilot, nor the need to use the supplied VMR file from BVAI. All of the models that come with BVAI are NOT FSX native, so some of them require rework before they'll show up properly in P3D.

We all know that BVAI is a set of models...as far as UTL etc. some are looking for models to substitute in place of the ones that come with UTL.

As I clearly stated in my post, I use BVAI, which "is just a set of models" with PSXseecontraffic, so the VMR file supplied with BVAI is of no use to me...I MUST USE THE FILE CREATED BY VMR GENERATOR.

Karen, the more I think about this, the more I think you need to do some research, before posting in this thread. And I really wish you hadn't quoted my post, because NOTHING you wrote has any relevance to my post.

Just a note in case you're confused...the thread title is "BVAI and vPilot AI are merging." It is NOT - BVAI and vPilot are merging.


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...