Sign in to follow this  
downscc

FS Expo LM Interview

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Guys,

LM was there to support developers, they were interviewed many times by multiple media partners.

I saw Adam Reed being interviewed twice by SkyBlue Radio (who was next to me) and once by FSelite.

Rob MacCarthy visited my booth twice, Kayla once, and Adam once. All of them listened and acknowledged my suggestions and needs for changes that would make my add-on's way better.

I cannot talk on behalf of others developers, but I felt their support and commitment with all the developers at the expo, and after meeting the LM team and hearing their plans, I cannot be more happy to chosen to develop for Prepar3d and to attend the event.

The LM developers deserve a lot of credit and respect not only from developers like me but also from the flight sim community.

My 2 cents.

Regards 

Simbol 

Well I'm glad to hear that.  

I'm even more pleased that you are upbeat about their future plans - and that you're pleased to have chosen P3D over another platform.  As a developer, that's a very definitive decision to have made.  It means that there is a future for P3D.

Great news.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

All of them listened and acknowledged my suggestions and needs for changes that would make my add-on's way better.

That basic customer service. Thats how you appease people with out giving them anything. I'll give you as normal some example of the type of call I get every day. 

📞 Call number 1

Pilot Dave: hello Peter I seen youve changed my 3 night Antigua next week and put me in the sim next week instead for my OPC a month early

Peter: morning Dave, I hope you are well.  Thats correct. The reason for the change  is the original captain is unfortunatly on compassionate leave. 

PILOT DAVE: I'm sick of those roster changes and it doesn't give me much time to prepare for it. Can't you just use a standby to sandbag with me in the sim

Peter: Dave I completely understand your frustrations, I apologise that it doesn't give you much time to prepare and you're right we could use a standby to sandbag it, unfortunately the sim spaces are extremely limited and we can use this opportunity to get your opc out the way a month early and save ourselves a standby which we will probably need on the day. Dave, I can only apologise for the inconvenience as I understand its not an ideal situation but we are going  you to need you in the sim next week. 

Pilot Dave: OK I'm not happy about it but I guess I'll do it then

📞 Finished.   

Standard appeasing a pilot call that. Standard 101 for a pilot who wants a little moan. I could of told him to bugger   and be more prepared for his sim. When he gets an emergency on board he's not going to get 3 months to read up, and it's a complete waste of a standby when we can use him instead. It's a business, here to make money not waste it. but that's being a douchebag and not good customer service. 

There you see all you have to do is to use the magic lines

'I can understand your frustrations'

'I appreciate that you are xxx' 

'I'm sorry that xxxx' 

Once you've practiced it 5 times you can do it in your sleep. You appease them, listen to them and apologise to them, without giving them anything. It's standard customer service.  More commonly known as " more fart, with less 💩

Simbol mate, that's what youve just had there. If only a few more developers used basic customer service rules like this 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

I don't want to start an XP vs. P3D fight, but if you saw their presentation at the expo, Laminar's roadmap is so much more interesting than LM's, which is... do they even have one?

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

I don't want to start an XP vs. P3D fight, but if you saw their presentation at the expo, Laminar's roadmap is so much more interesting than LM's, which is... do they even have one?

Logic dictates that they would have.  But LR aren't bound by the same rules as LM and their  primary markets are different.  That's why Austin can shout everything from the rooftops publicly and while LM's strategy seems to be quiet public engagement with developers rather than directly addressing home users..  

there road map is to sell it to the military.

as always , let me give you an example.

heres a topic 12 pages long, thats right 12 pages long by simmers with a certain error. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123093&start=165

The topic is then closed on the last post and diverted of the dxgi error and onto "fsuipc autosaves"  and there favourite cut and paste answer,,, you gussed it  "delete shaders cache" 

There forumn is plagued with the same cut and paste answers, and thats only when they answer

They only care about big bucks, IE: selling it with VR sets to the military. simple as that.

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

43 minutes ago, tooting said:

They only care about big bucks, IE: selling it with VR sets to the military. simple as that.

Surely by now we have a reasonable understanding of the road map behind the development of Prepar3D. There should be no illusions, and expressions of cynicism and negativity serve little purpose.

LM have acknowledged the importance of encouraging, indeed embracing, co-operation with 3rd Party Developers which allows them to concentrate time and effort much more usefully on optimisations and the further evolution of their core product. There can be no doubting the value of the daily innovations and abundant creative flair emanating from these sources as they continue to contribute to our immersive experience.

Their main focus of attention is not on us, the community of home users, nor should it be. Instead we should be counting our blessings in being permitted to remain part of this extraordinary adventure!

Regards,

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Thats the main one but not the only one.  If it was, they couldnt care less about FS Expo and talking to 3PDs and working with them.  PMDG, Aersosoft, Qualitywings, REX,HIFI, FSFX, and the list goes on. Pretty sure their main target is not the military, yet they keep developing with LMs support. Just about every dev comments how nice it is to work with them and they do their utmost to resolve issues, or work on future requested features with their particular addon in mind. If it was military only, there would be almost none or maybe no discussions at all about with devs. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

If it was, they couldnt care less about FS Expo and talking to 3PDs and working with them

.....or backward compatibility.

• Like 1

This reminds me so much of Microsoft bashing that I'm enjoying it. 

Dan Downs KCRP