Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aivlasoft EFB v2 coming soon

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Fair enough. I prefer to do some things manually.

@Bobsk8, if Simbrief allows you to select the destination folder then I don't see why not.

Just looked a the new Simbrief downloader which installs the flightplans into P3D plus various aircraft. Aivlasoft EFB is one of the destinations selections. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just looked a the new Simbrief downloader which installs the flightplans into P3D plus various aircraft. Aivlasoft EFB is one of the destinations selections. 

Bob's your uncle then! :biggrin: EFB v2 will accept an EFB v1 flight plan.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I also use SimStarterNG which will load a flight plan into P3D. AS16 then picks up that plan automatically. SSNG also launches all my other apps.

In PFPX once you have generated a plan and released it choose Save on the Briefing Package tab. That will generate a text file which if placed into the relevant folder in EFB's structure will load it automatically. Details in the manual.

Easy peasy. :biggrin:

So he now needs 9 SEPARATE apps 😅

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

8 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I was tempted for a few minutes awhile back to get PFPX, but frankly, after trying the free Simbrief, i couldn't rationalize purchasing it. I am really not interested in how much oil the engines in my Q400 burn or some of the other minutia that is contained in  PFPX. Simbrief does just about everything, and now includes a downloader which with one click, loads the flight plan it creates into my PMDG 737 FMC, Q400 FMC , P3D FP folder, and when I get it EFB. It even suggests Sids and Stars looking at the current weather at the airports in the FP, Easy, simple, and free.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It even suggests Sids and Stars looking at the current weather at the airports in the FP, Easy, simple, and free.  

Nice but I suppose that only works with current real world weather. I seldom fly with current weather.

21 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Ha ha! 😀 The upside is one will do much of the work previously done manually.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, J van E said:

Nice but I suppose that only works with current real world weather. I seldom fly with current weather.

SimBrief has thee option to use  historical weather data using Active Sky. Using this option, SimBrief will import a weather snapshot from Active Sky using the time/date you entered into SimBrief...

• Like 1

Scott Brown

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg  

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I was tempted for a few minutes awhile back to get PFPX, but frankly, after trying the free Simbrief, i couldn't rationalize purchasing it. I am really not interested in how much oil the engines in my Q400 burn or some of the other minutia that is contained in  PFPX. Simbrief does just about everything, and now includes a downloader which with one click, loads the flight plan it creates into my PMDG 737 FMC, Q400 FMC , P3D FP folder, and when I get it EFB. It even suggests Sids and Stars looking at the current weather at the airports in the FP, Easy, simple, and free.  

Nah, I was just kidding. He said he was running 8 different apps in order to do a flight, and as a "solution", Ray, suggested that he use SimStarterNG. So he would end up running an extra app. Just a wee joke. Probably not that funny.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 hours ago, ScottB2 said:

SimBrief has thee option to use  historical weather data using Active Sky. Using this option, SimBrief will import a weather snapshot from Active Sky using the time/date you entered into SimBrief...

Cool, didn't know that, thanks for the heads up!

On 6/25/2018 at 9:59 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bob,

Time to treat yourself to a new monitor. :wink: And you could take that one down to your local museum. :biggrin:

Even 12 years ago I was buying 1280*1024 monitors. You should be able to pick one up for a bargain price.

Just hooked up my "new" 1280x1024  Monitor from Newegg. $39 plus shipping, and it looks great . Now waiting for Sunday so I can download EFB.

• Upvote 1

I plan on getting a 2nd monitor myself, are you using it on the same computer or a 2nd machine? I'm wondering if adding a 2nd monitor to my current 4k setup will kill my performance in P3D.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I plan on getting a 2nd monitor myself, are you using it on the same computer or a 2nd machine? I'm wondering if adding a 2nd monitor to my current 4k setup will kill my performance in P3D.

Depends on what you add. If you just want it for moving maps, ATC, etc, a 2K monitor should be all you need, which wouldn't have too much of a load on your GPU. I am using it on the same computer, and it is replacing a smaller 1024 x 768 that I have been using all along. 

I'm gonna use my Surface next to it. Hopefully touch screen use works well.

30 days trial, and then go buy, jeaj. probably earlier)

Can't wait for the easier "folder" setup. cause that was a hassle on network

Victor Roos

Downloading now. 

It's out? I thought July 1st?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU