Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

this really is the best update LM has ever brought to P3D. Never seen the sim so smooth after FSX and Steves DX10 fixer. Amazing Job Lockheed Martin !!

Agreed Carsten. Many little tweaks seem to make for one great update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgio1952 said:

I think I solved the problem...

How so?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Sorry, what is FFTF?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks.   So are we talking tweaks for v4.3?  

If so, can we summarize what those might be?

And what about AM?  Should I HT?

I'm curious since I'm still getting stutters.

I'm not very savvy when it comes this stuff.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

23 hours ago, Bardia said:

Yeah I can confirm this issue persists with ProATC, though limited to certain circumstances but definitely still there. 

Bummer.

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So are we talking tweaks for v4.3? 

Oh no, here we go again...!!! 😋 I never ever tweak anything with P3D but well, some people just can't let go and keep on using various tweaks... But anyway, nowadays, or at least in this topic, when someone mentions FFTF they don't mean the tweak 'Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction' itself anymore but a utility that applies FFTF on the fly somehow: https://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3d4.phtml I don't use that either btw. I am too happy not having to tweak anymore.

11 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Sorry, what is FFTF?

I will try to help you with this as imo it's the only tweak I use and for good reason.

Here is what LM say

------

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

------

If you set your FPS to unlimited you are setting FFTF to 0.01

You gain FPS and it's why since the dawn of time why people say they lose FPS when setting a locked FPS with the sim setting. Its right you do because of the above That LM explain well.

If you set FPS to limited in the sim (imo you should because of the benefits it gives) you can add under [Main] FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 to give you back the best of both worlds.

But.....

If you system cannot keep up with texture loading its best to not use it or then try the new FFTD app that cost money.

Best bet is try it, it's one line and one tweak. Take seconds to add and well worth it if your PC can keep up with texture loading.

Also here is a link on the P3D tweak forum explaining it if you wish to watch a vid on it.

Hope that helped?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Bummer.

Oh no, here we go again...!!! 😋 I never ever tweak anything with P3D but well, some people just can't let go and keep on using various tweaks... But anyway, nowadays, or at least in this topic, when someone mentions FFTF they don't mean the tweak 'Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction' itself anymore but a utility that applies FFTF on the fly somehow: https://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3d4.phtml I don't use that either btw. I am too happy not having to tweak anymore.

Mate this is not just another random tweak, LM itself has stated that you need to lower this value until you hit the optimal balance unique to your own PC setup. Trust me I’m no fan of nonsensical tweaks either especially post v4 but this one is an exception. 

After testing with a fully loaded P3D v4 (on my system) I'm very happy to share that I have better/smoother performance with DL enabled.

The FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION= got me thinking again about the price we pay to get sharp textures. Are those with 8700K and GTX 1080s seeing less blurries and tiles loading in the distance?

I still see tiles loading in the distance in P3D v4.3 with my 2600K/GTX970 combo, but I'm not using the FFTF tweak.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I will try to help you with this as imo it's the only tweak I use and for good reason.

Here is what LM say

------

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

------

If you set your FPS to unlimited you are setting FFTF to 0.01

You gain FPS and it's why since the dawn of time why people say they lose FPS when setting a locked FPS with the sim setting. Its right you do because of the above That LM explain well.

If you set FPS to limited in the sim (imo you should because of the benefits it gives) you can add under [Main] FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 to give you back the best of both worlds.

But.....

If you system cannot keep up with texture loading its best to not use it or then try the new FFTD app that cost money.

Best bet is try it, it's one line and one tweak. Take seconds to add and well worth it if your PC can keep up with texture loading.

Also here is a link on the P3D tweak forum explaining it if you wish to watch a vid on it.

Hope that helped?

I have become unsure whether the FFTF tweak is meant to be used with frames internally limited or unlimited. There have been several suggestions as above of this entry working while frames internally limited while others since fsx days have said it works with frames unlimited. Has something changed with p3d lately? This post from couple of years back suggests FFTF works with frames set to unlimited: http://www.prepar3d.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=139706&t=120133 then which one is applicable for current version of p3d4?

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

After testing with a fully loaded P3D v4 (on my system) I'm very happy to share that I have better/smoother performance with DL enabled.

The FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION= got me thinking again about the price we pay to get sharp textures. Are those with 8700K and GTX 1080s seeing less blurries and tiles loading in the distance?

I still see tiles loading in the distance in P3D v4.3 with my 2600K/GTX970 combo, but I'm not using the FFTF tweak.

Well, if it makes you feel any better I have a i7770k and a 1080ti and I am getting stutters like crazy.  I can't figure out for the life of me why.

Thank you everyone, I'll give FFTF a try.

Aaron Ortega

On 6/25/2018 at 10:14 PM, Bills511 said:

Reality XP GTN 750, 650, GNS 430,530 works.🙂 Tested using the A2A C172.

I take it that the GTN 750 is working but with the patch, can you get the patch from Flight1 or only through their support forum ?

Edit: In case someone is looking for the answer, Flight1 updated the GTN Complete to 2.06 on their sales page to support v4.3

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

29 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better I have a i7770k and a 1080ti and I am getting stutters like crazy.  I can't figure out for the life of me why.

Thank you everyone, I'll give FFTF a try.

Try locking your FPS at 24/25, VS =ON and TB=ON and add FFTF line in config 0.01

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

How so?

Sorry about that... Back to the same problem again this time it kept me for 6 hrs of flight but then returned the same problem ..However , I tried...

On 6/27/2018 at 5:03 AM, J van E said:

Reinstalling Windows 10 is done within an hour and by that I mean downloading the latest installer, installing it on a freshly formatted SSD

It took under 6 minutes from start to finish from an USB 3.0 to MP-500 m.2 drive using the latest 1803 install.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD