Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

... I'm actually happy to report no missing Autogen or Blurries.

I never had doubts that THIS will be the outcome of an reliable test. 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I keep a set of pure stock copies of P3D and FSX which are programmatically switched in when I need them. Also having my own developed in-house written diagnostics and tools helps to find problems with stuff pretty quickly.

Some guys don't like to hear they have a problem and they don't see the point in testing without their regular revered addons, but it's a waste of time.

Faced with 20 addon airports to try or something, first trying the suspicious one in isolation I would then put half on, then try the other half and so-on in in a binary reduction.

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

After my testing, I'll disagree with your hunch. 

I've just completed a two test flights with a default (no add-on) P3D V4.3 using the same flight path and same graphics settings as my prior video/test (that showed the AutoGen not loading when I arrived at EGLL) ... I'm actually happy to report no missing Autogen or Blurries. 

Again I am not very happy with the test setup, could you not do one with flying at around 3000ft instead of that high up and things will be different, I bet. Then, at least to me I can clearly see the phenomenon of autogen loading late and in patches from minute 7:30 to 8:30 on the lower left side of the screen (forest builds up quiet late several times).

Just as I said: flying from LSZH to EDDH or EDDF, I also do not observe any issues with autogen, simply because I fly above 30'000ft. As soon as I do a 2-3hs flight on 3-5000ft with a Alabeo Chieftain for example, the autogen loading late and in Patches gets extremely prominent after 1h into flight.

Then, just out of interest: what happens if you load several times the exact same scenario in a pure P3D installation? One reproducible way to "get rid of the autogen" in my case is: load a heavy scenario (e.g. LSZH from AS), let the sim start up completely and look around. All autogen is there. Then, open the ingame menue, select "new scenario" and simply load again the same scenario (not a saved one, simply the same again). If I do that repeatedly, after the third time (latest), ALL autogen around the airport is gone and it takes the sim 10-20 seconds to load it. Another 10-20 seconds later, everything is back to normal.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Again I am not very happy with the test setup, could you not do one with flying at around 3000ft instead of that high up and things will be different, I bet.

Please watch the videos, I'm cruising at around 18000-22000 FT during my tests, not sure where you got 3000 FT from?

The Autogen loading in "batches" is by design as far as I know, the more flat the terrain and less powerful hardware, the more obvious. 

The issue I had was with Autogen not loading at all in England (EGLL) and people reporting "blurries".  I've never been able to replicate the blurries but did stumble into an Autogen not loading at all with add-ons.  Without add-ons the AG loads fine (and yes in batches).

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, SteveW said:

Faced with 20 addon airports to try or something, first trying the suspicious one in isolation I would then put half on, then try the other half and so-on in in a binary reduction.

Yes, my key suspect is the "Autogen Merger tool" (since this is an Autogen issue) that loads and runs every time I run P3D and triggers whenever anything changes ... unfortunately I don't recall what add-on I installed that included this tool/process?  But I'll start with Orbx FTX Global and work my way forward.

Cheers, Rob.

'Autogen Merger' tool? What is this? Sounds very suspicious. :))

I know Earth Simulations had an issue with merging autopen description files along with FTX.

Do you have earth simulations scenery installed?

Edited by GHarrall

31 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, my key suspect is the "Autogen Merger tool" (since this is an Autogen issue) that loads and runs every time I run P3D and triggers whenever anything changes ... unfortunately I don't recall what add-on I installed that included this tool/process?  But I'll start with Orbx FTX Global and work my way forward.

Cheers, Rob.

My notes indicate that iBlueYonder added a tool called Autogen Configuration Merger to my setup. This may be what you're referring to.

Robert

Please watch the videos, I'm cruising at around 18000-22000 FT during my tests, not sure where you got 3000 FT from?

The Autogen loading in "batches" is by design as far as I know, the more flat the terrain and less powerful hardware, the more obvious. 

The issue I had was with Autogen not loading at all in England (EGLL) and people reporting "blurries".  I've never been able to replicate the blurries but did stumble into an Autogen not loading at all with add-ons.  Without add-ons the AG loads fine (and yes in batches).

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

He meant testing it 3000 ft instead of 30000 ft as then is more taxing on the system with all 3D objects and ground scenery closer by

Me too , I have no issues above 20000 ft.

regards,

Gerard

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This slow loading problem with 4.3 is so utterly annoying. It pretty much ruins approaches. And Lockheed will continue to deny it is a problem that arose with 4.3. Before 4.3 I did not have this issue and nothing has changed on my setup. 

2 hours ago, macwino said:

iBlueYonder added a tool called Autogen Configuration Merger to my setup

Interesting, that scenery was merged into Orbx FTX Central recently.  I'll start there, remove Autogen Configuration Merger tool and then reset all my Orbx Add-ons and see what happens.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

He meant testing it 3000 ft instead of 30000 ft as then is more taxing on the system with all 3D objects and ground scenery closer by

3000 ft would fly me into mountains?  I had done a 7000 ft "blurries" test on a default P3D V4.3 without issues (AG and Terrain tiles all loaded just fine) some time ago here: 

I'm not sure why people want to insist this is an LM problem?  7000 ft or 22000+ ft the AG and terrain work as they should in a default P3D V4.3 without add-ons.  3000 ft probably wouldn't actually produce the most possible "in view" AG load, 7000 ft would.

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

unfortunately I don't recall what add-on I installed that included this tool/process? 

in that area i believe its a FlyTampa autogen data which you should also be able to turn on or off from their CPanel,

see this article for assistance 
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/using-merger-tool-to-manage-3rd-party-autogen-as-user.438793/

Edited by Chris Bell

Interesting, that scenery was merged into Orbx FTX Central recently.  I'll start there, remove Autogen Configuration Merger tool and then reset all my Orbx Add-ons and see what happens.

3000 ft would fly me into mountains?  I had done a 7000 ft "blurries" test on a default P3D V4.3 without issues (AG and Terrain tiles all loaded just fine) some time ago here: 

I'm not sure why people want to insist this is an LM problem?  7000 ft or 22000+ ft the AG and terrain work as they should in a default P3D V4.3 without add-ons.  3000 ft probably wouldn't actually produce the most possible "in view" AG load, 7000 ft would.

Cheers, Rob.

I understand under what conditions you test.

But that is “way too light” compared to what I have installed and the use of a triple monitor setup. Almost no clouds , simple  LC based scenery and flying slow.

If you try the same flight from Frankfurt to Amsterdam with a jet and FTX Germany and True Earth Netherlands and the 2 addon airports , you might experience the franerate drop too. And plus ASP4/ASCA with much more clouds ....

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@GSalden
Gerard you are missing the whole point of what Rob did,
anything on your list beyond P3D is not LM's responsibility,
with... X with... Y with... Z your list is not a plain Sim comparison!
you are adding variables to the mix that are not in LM hands to change,
the idea here is to see if this is caused by P3D which LM team can address,
or a third party addon being used requiring a different course of action to resolve,

as i mentioned on this thread earlier there is an issue around Meridian when compiling data,
if not done correctly (i'm not saying it is done incorrectly!) you can be sure you will encounter anomalies there,

logically P3D native data cannot fail to properly render on meridian as it is properly segmented in advance,
developers do not always segment their data and will use a single overlapping polygon to render their data in that area!

segments.jpg

Edited by Chris Bell
  • Like 1