Gizmo05

Aerosoft A318/9

Hey Jos,

I am one of the beta testers of the AS bus and a forum mod at AS. As I do not get paid for my services I am also not listed as a commercial person here. I also refrain from using my real name here for personal reasons. 

And the part that disqualifies me the most; 5000 hrs on an RW CRJ and 6500 on various Airbuses. 😉 

Cheers

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 hours ago, steve howlett said:

Anders you would want to know when someone says  "  but the product is way too unusable to be released " that they have

1 bought it

2 tested it extensively

3 not just said it because of hearsay.

4 or said it after half an hour (or more)on a friends computer.

it needs to be an informed opinion.Flyer024 is a real bus pilot.if he says it's a good simulation that needs an sp1.then thats all i need to hear.and please remember all the patches FSL have had to get it to where it is now.

take care

steve:-)

You don't need much time to infer the addon is (at present) unusable unfortunately, this is why i said "three or four months more".

So that "tested extensively" doesn't even apply here.

If Flyer024 is a real Airbus pilot that doesn't make the addon better or worse, i do see him defending it as if it was the next best thing and right now: It's not. It might be someday, NOW it's not.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guys - so far this has been a good thread - if we keep up the "sniping" at each other, it will get shut down quickly.

Let's stay with expressing your opinion on the a/c and not on the poster.

Vic

Look, people! 

I'm not going to debate this, when the conversation goes into this kind of demeanor insinuations and personal attacks! I merely expressed my bewilderedness (I'm still confused about it, to be honest) about, why it's suddenly necessary to provide 'proof of purchase' when criticising this addon?! If it was a positive review, no one - I mean no one would have required anything from the poster! Why this change? 

I don't really care if someone in here, flyes the Airbus, Boeing, CRJ or even if set person is the Pope! It's still a weird and - quite frankly - a little sad way of treating the members, who doesn't have nothing but praises. It's condescending towards those members, since their criticism, suddenly isn't being taken seriously but rather being double guessed, ridiculed and their original points being thrown aside. 

I don't understand this behaviour - and it's (to my recollection, the first time I've witnessed it), but anyone who's remotely critical, is suddenly being ridiculed and/or being given the 3rd degree of whether or not they have 'proof of purchase' ready and if they can PM their receipt. Okay, okay - exaggeration, promotes understanding! But my point(s) still stand. 

Anyway... I'm done with this for now! I won't stand party to it. I always had the upmost respect for Aerosoft and not least of all, their mods... but this kind of behaviour and actions against other members, who writes post they don't like and/or goes against the popular believe... well... 

I don't know man... I'm kinda speechless and a little bewildered. I wouldn't have thought it, to be honest.

Write to me, hate me, criticise me or judge me, anyway you want! I'm done and out... 

I am reading posts on other forums and I am going to look at big streamers later today after my job, but it does look like the unrealistic A318 modeling of fuel and engine thrust is not fixed. Too bad.

The old A318 you could fill up using correct numbers but it never climbed at a realistic rate and used too much fuel. I find the same bugs in people's posts talking about the updated version.

I'd like an alternative to the other Airbus since I am banned thanks to the kind CEO for finding too many bugs on the fsx original release and upsetting his programming talent.

Edited by Boeing or not going

5 hours ago, Flyer024 said:

Hey Jos,

I am one of the beta testers of the AS bus and a forum mod at AS. As I do not get paid for my services I am also not listed as a commercial person here. I also refrain from using my real name here for personal reasons. 

And the part that disqualifies me the most; 5000 hrs on an RW CRJ and 6500 on various Airbuses. 😉 

Cheers

Thank you. That makes your valuable comments much clearer for me.

Jos

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

You don't need much time to infer the addon is (at present) unusable unfortunately, this is why i said "three or four months more".

So that "tested extensively" doesn't even apply here.

If Flyer024 is a real Airbus pilot that doesn't make the addon better or worse, i do see him defending it as if it was the next best thing and right now: It's not. It might be someday, NOW it's not.

if it's unusable,how am i able to use it without any problems??i'm using it exclusively on every flight i do and i've had no problems with it.it goes from A-B flying down the ILS to a smooth landing.you know sometimes people just can't stand being wrong nuno and you are one of them.and the joke about this conversation is ..you don't even own it!!.well i do and think it's very good,as i said it will get better after SP1.but it is very usable

steve

• Upvote 2

On 7/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, flyfed said:

At the moment, P3Dv4.3. There is some functionality in 4.3 that was needed and not available in 4.2 or less.

Their reasoning for using "Professional" in the title is explained in this link. See the third paragraph.

While it's true that the bus requires 4.3, that's not the question he asked. He asked what do Aerosoft mean by "professional", and I answered him. He wasn't specifically asking about the bus. Many/Most of Aerosoft's other "professional" products work on earlier point releases of v4.