Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

FlyTampa Ki Tak Updated For P3D V4

3 hours ago, srcooke said:

Navigraph include VHHX in their navdata.

You sure? Not doubting but they don't have it in their Charts app or on desktop. 

Eric 

Nice, thank you for sharing will have to get the update as I missed this one in P3D V4.x.  Love FT's work.

Cheers, Rob.

52 minutes ago, B777ER said:

You sure? Not doubting but they don't have it in their Charts app or on desktop. 

Yes they do, I have been using them yesterday at VHHX and landed on 13 with the PMDG 744, all data was available in the FMC. We are talking about the FMS data not the Navigraph charts product, for that one I don't know, I am using Aivlasoft EFB V2 which also has VHHX available.

18 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

Yes they do, I have been using them yesterday at VHHX and landed on 13 with the PMDG 744, all data was available in the FMC. We are talking about the FMS data not the Navigraph charts product, for that one I don't know, I am using Aivlasoft EFB V2 which also has VHHX available.

I've got the fms data ok but my aivlasoft efbv2 doesn't show any procedures for vhhx and I do have the latest data from navigraph

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Procedures obviously are not existing anymore since all references, fixes, etc have changed and thus cannot be linked anymore to the existing SID/STAR environment. As long as one can shoot the IGS13 over Kowloon we should be happy! This is always a real treat especially with FlyTampa's rendition of HK skyline!

Fsaerodata was updated awhile back(1713)

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Cool - was looking at buying this a couple of months ago, glad I waited to see that it got updated!   Something simply magical about this area.

Mark

I have to say.... this update blew me away! The performance optimization is absolutely amazing both day and night. Did a bunch of flights in and out of VHHX last night. see for yourself:

• Like 4

On 7/23/2018 at 8:40 PM, Jean-Claude said:

Procedures obviously are not existing anymore since all references, fixes, etc have changed and thus cannot be linked anymore to the existing SID/STAR environment. As long as one can shoot the IGS13 over Kowloon we should be happy! This is always a real treat especially with FlyTampa's rendition of HK skyline!

Not installed the new version yet but the old one provided charts in the manual. 

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, DAL213 said:

see for yourself.

I just did, Nico, and it looks amazing. The scenery is gorgeous and the approach is, cetrainly, a class of its own.
Regardless of the fact that every scenery and approach must be thrilling in suuuuuch an amazing fullmo sim. 😮

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, mtrainer said:

Cool - was looking at buying this a couple of months ago, glad I waited to see that it got updated!   Something simply magical about this area.

Mark

Wouldn't have mattered.  The previous version worked fine in P3Dv4, and the update was apparently free for previous version owners.  I went to my SimMarket account and the new version was already added to my downloads page.

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

I’m finding that when taxing around the airport at night with the Dynamic Lighting option enabled in the FlyTampa config Tool, as soon as the aircraft goes on area of the apron that has lighting (parking stands area) I’m getting terrible stutters. All ok using the FSX  Polygon lighting option.

I had been seeing the excellent results with P3D V4.3 D/Lighting at FlyTampas Corfu, Dubai, Athens so this Kai Tak upgrade left me a little disappointed with the DL performance. The rest of the scenery though looks amazing.

I'm not experiencing that with the update, so it sounds more like a personal computer problem than a "review" that might cause someone else to not update or purchase the product.

Rick Ryan

2 hours ago, FalconAF said:

I'm not experiencing that with the update, so it sounds more like a personal computer problem than a "review" that might cause someone else to not update or purchase the product.

If users are updating they can always revert back to the original if it’s not too there liking. As for new customers it always has been a case of how new software will run with a particular setup, so I’m  just saying how I’ve found it. With the known issues with DL in P3D I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just me and my setup that is having a problem.

Just completed my first checkerboard approach and what a last it was!  How I didn’t clip a building I’m not quite sure. 

Just need to get some AI traffic moved over and this will be my Hong Kong airport form the foreseeable future, not more waiting for taxi2gate’s VHHh to be upgraded.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU