Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

Another ORBX sale soon?

2 hours ago, lownslo said:

Curious what your performance is like there?  And do you have their freeware Portland Cityscape installed too?  ORBX stuff performs quite well for me (in v4) but something is flogging my computer when I fly into/out of VUO.  I'm off to do more testing there.

Thanks,

Greg

I HAD the freeware portland city but that thing crushes my fps.  I have Orbx PNW region active with VUO.  I don't have a lot of AI going (but I do have F1 UTL running with about 10% traffic).  With high scenery sliders I get maybe 20 with small GA and I'd guess 12-15 with airliners.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, I just did a bit of testing with the A2A 182/F1 GTN 750 and had much the same results.  Uninstalled the Portland Cityscape (while leaving the PNW region) and performance was better... definitely smoother.  City still looks nice.  And of course the VUO scenery is top notch!  Think I'll leave it in this config.

Greg

On 8/7/2018 at 6:42 AM, klamal said:

Can anyone comment on South America?  I've been flying around the US and EU for so long now.  I'm looking for a new continent to explore.

Do not buy then you find you rarely fly in non Orbx covered regions again and you regret the purchase hoping OpenLC Asia and Africa come this year.

Edited by Boeing or not going

15 hours ago, Nyxx said:

NO, none at all, I love some of their products and use a lot of there products. But IMO full fat regions  (thats what we were talking about with Bob talking about Germany) are to much of a drain on a PC/GTX for Jetline flying.

It's not a "shortsighted remark" at all, I own ENG, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and SoCal so am talking from using full fat regions and what they bring.

I will stick to Global/OLC's if that's not "silly"!?? OK?

No, not silly at all 😄 But your post seemed to suggest Orbx is to blame, while actually the base platform is at fault. Apologies for the snottiness of my remark 😊

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

16 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

My max Ram is 8 GIg which I have now, V4 recommends 16 Gig, and a faster processor. V5 will be here soon, and in the mean time, I may just use the Q400 to fly over Germany. I will see how this flight I am on now. So far so good. 

I understand Bob. But again, I used the same settings in v4 as compared to v3 and my performance was the same or even slightly better. Why not just try v4 to see for yourself? If it doesn't suit you after all you can always get a refund.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not according to LM and several users that changed to V 4. 

What many users failed to point out, is that setting the sliders in v4 the same as v3 is not the same thing. In order to get a similar "look" in v4 the sliders need to be reduced. I have a very low end system and v4 runs just fine on it. In fact I have it tweaked to look better than v3, even though I had to lower the sliders. I get about 25 FPS in the PMDG NGX at most payware airports. You should try taking advantage of LM's 60 day money back guarantee.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

No, not silly at all 😄 But your post seemed to suggest Orbx is to blame, while actually the base platform is at fault. Apologies for the snottiness of my remark 😊

You need to go back and follow the conversation. Bob was talking out Orbx full-fat Germany region my reply to him was saying that's what you get with regions.....there harder on the simulation than Global/OLC etc.

I did not "seem" to blame Orbx for anything apart from pointing out full-fat regions are harder hitting. That's not blaming Orbx at all. No more than me saying FSL 319 is harder on the sim that PMDG NG it not blaming FSL just pointing out that it is.

Apologies accepted and thank you for saying so.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I had problems with 8gb RAM Bob with v4, FSL A320 would not run really, but with 16GB all is now well, so yes i would say v4 "needs" 16gb+

I  went  even  further  on my  pc upgrade  went  with 32gb  of  ram:)

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

I understand Bob. But again, I used the same settings in v4 as compared to v3 and my performance was the same or even slightly better. Why not just try v4 to see for yourself? If it doesn't suit you after all you can always get a refund.

Because the performance on my PC with V3.4 is very good. Average FPS with the NGX and a ton of add ons is around 30 FPS most of the time. Why would I get V4, spend money to buy new ad ons that would work with V4, just so I can run one piece of bloated scenery like Orbx Germany??? In order to see if V4 is an improvement I would have to run everything I have on 3.4, on 4. Really not worth it to me to spend all the time, effort, and money. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I still run Windows 3.11 because it's superfast on my i7........

🙂

Edited by swiesma

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

I think Orbx should warn people about regions like Germany and So Cal, which everyone knows are very hard on performance unless you have a very fact PC to run them on. I see posts on their forums about OOMs with Germany, and their response was paraphrasing " Well that's an issue with 32 bit sims, and not our fault, so lots of luck"....Many people that have purchased FTX So Cal avoid flying in that area too. Other areas like England, Alaska, Norway, Rocky Mountains, Pacific Northwest, Northern California,  are perfectly fine with no performance hits at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think Orbx is having a SALE now...check there website!!

Bob M.

Bob M

Yeah, glad they (ORBX) offered up this sale when they did I was about to buy Pago Pago at full price (the next part of my around the world trip).

Someone asked about performance with the ORBX South American Region.  As far as I can tell, it's fine and I've been up and down the length of that continent on both the East and West coasts.  Most likely due to the fact that most of SA is sheer countryside.

ORBX Southern California can be a bit rough on the frame rates at times, but for me the only ORBX product I haven't bothered to re-install when Prepar3D V4 came out was vector- with everything check marked it's quite the hit.  Yet, I find everything still looks perfectly acceptable without it.  When I upgrade my PC next year, I'll probably load it back on.

Mark

16 hours ago, nealmac said:

What many users failed to point out, is that setting the sliders in v4 the same as v3 is not the same thing. In order to get a similar "look" in v4 the sliders need to be reduced. I have a very low end system and v4 runs just fine on it. In fact I have it tweaked to look better than v3, even though I had to lower the sliders. I get about 25 FPS in the PMDG NGX at most payware airports. You should try taking advantage of LM's 60 day money back guarantee.

Spot on!  Even LM spoke of this when v4 was first released.  I had done a comparison shot of settings but I can't find it on my HDD anywhere now.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |