Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

Another ORBX sale soon?

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Doing my first flight in Germany, took off from EDDM heading north. I have the FSUIPC remaining  Vas indicator, and these are the lowest numbers I have ever seen, with the exception of FTX So Cal going into LAX. Just starting the flight I am already seeing only  750 Megs left and it has dipped to around 650 at times as I am flying. My guess is any aircraft more complex than an NGX, and a longer flight  than about 1 hour plus would be an instant OOM into that FTX region. Prob ably OK for GA aircraft or possibly the Q400. 

I would turn off some the options in the control panel. There are lots of them to play with.

Or move to P3D 64 bit 🙂

5 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

I would turn off some the options in the control panel. There are lots of them to play with.

Or move to P3D 64 bit 🙂

I think I am going to move to uninstalling this Germany scenery, ASAP. This the second OOM I have had in almost 3 years, the other one was FTX So Cal into LAX. On approach on a 1 hours flight, got an OOM... Don't like having to change sliders all over the place just to fly over Germany. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

49 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think I am going to move to uninstalling this Germany scenery, ASAP. This the second OOM I have had in almost 3 years, the other one was FTX So Cal into LAX. On approach on a 1 hours flight, got an OOM... Don't like having to change sliders all over the place just to fly over Germany. 

Yep Orbx full fat for you:(.... I don't even use them in v4. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

52 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You seem to advocate on many occasions that P3D v3 is the best ever and you never had OOM's. So now you get them and you complain about having to move sliders? lol! For crying out loud, stick with less advanced scenery products then.., or get a platform that can run it without any issues, like P3D v4. Really, it will make a difference! I run the Germany scenery with most sliders maxed, no ooms ever and very good frames.

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yep Orbx full fat for you:(.... I don't even use them in v4. 

Sorry mate, that's a silly shortsighted remark. Do you have an issue with the company?

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

23 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

You seem to advocate on many occasions that P3D v3 is the best ever and you never had OOM's. So now you get them and you complain about having to move sliders? lol! For crying out loud, stick with less advanced scenery products then.., or get a platform that can run it without any issues, like P3D v4. Really, it will make a difference! I run the Germany scenery with most sliders maxed, no ooms ever and very good frames.

Sorry mate, that's a silly shortsighted remark. Do you have an issue with the company?

I have just about every FTX scenery there is except Germany. Only issue I ever had was one approach to LAX, out of thousands of flights. I would not call that a major problem. Going to need a new PC to run V4 properly. Not worth it to me to spend $2,000 to fly over Germany in the 737. I will wait for Version 5. Right now I am doing the same flight in the Q400, and seems to be much better VAS usage, had dipped under 1.2 Gigs yet. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have just about every FTX scenery there is except Germany. Only issue I ever had was one approach to LAX, out of thousands of flights. I would not call that a major problem. Going to need a new PC to run V4 properly. Not worth it to me to spend $2,000 to fly over Germany in the 737. I will wait for Version 5. 

Fair enough Bob. What I'm trying to say is if you can run P3D v3 without issues and with performance that satisfies you you can surely accomplish this with P3D v4, without having to get a new computer.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

Fair enough Bob. What I'm trying to say is if you can run P3D v3 without issues and with performance that satisfies you you can surely accomplish this with P3D v4, without having to get a new computer.

My max Ram is 8 GIg which I have now, V4 recommends 16 Gig, and a faster processor. V5 will be here soon, and in the mean time, I may just use the Q400 to fly over Germany. I will see how this flight I am on now. So far so good. 

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

NO, none at all, I love some of their products and use a lot of there products. But IMO full fat regions  (thats what we were talking about with Bob talking about Germany) are to much of a drain on a PC/GTX for Jetline flying.

It's not a "shortsighted remark" at all, I own ENG, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and SoCal so am talking from using full fat regions and what they bring.

I will stick to Global/OLC's if that's not "silly"!?? OK?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

My max Ram is 8 GIg which I have now, V4 recommends 16 Gig, and a faster processor. V5 will be here soon, and in the mean time, I may just use the Q400 to fly over Germany. I will see how this flight I am on now. So far so good. 

I had problems with 8gb RAM Bob with v4, FSL A320 would not run really, but with 16GB all is now well, so yes i would say v4 "needs" 16gb+

I picked up VUO in their sale - makes for nice short flights between starks

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have just about every FTX scenery there is except Germany. Only issue I ever had was one approach to LAX, out of thousands of flights. I would not call that a major problem. Going to need a new PC to run V4 properly. Not worth it to me to spend $2,000 to fly over Germany in the 737. I will wait for Version 5. Right now I am doing the same flight in the Q400, and seems to be much better VAS usage, had dipped under 1.2 Gigs yet. 

If you can run P3D v3.4, then p3Dv4 will work just fine.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

If you can run P3D v3.4, then p3Dv4 will work just fine.  

Not according to LM and several users that changed to V 4. 

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

NO, none at all, I love some of their products and use a lot of there products. But IMO full fat regions  (thats what we were talking about with Bob talking about Germany) are to much of a drain on a PC/GTX for Jetline flying.

It's not a "shortsighted remark" at all, I own ENG, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and SoCal so am talking from using full fat regions and what they bring.

I will stick to Global/OLC's if that's not "silly"!?? OK?

I totally agree with what you are saying. I am have some other FTX regions and they don't his Vas and performance like Germany, in fact Germany looks a bit worse than FTX So CAL. It really is for low level VFR flying with tons of landmarks, and autogen, and even though I turned everything off in the setup, it just sucks the life out of P3D. I have no problems at all in Scotland, England, Ireland, and all the FTX regions in the North west US. The only time I have had an OOM was coming in to KLAX, so I just don't fly the NGX in there. My guess is Ireland is going to bog P3D and unless you have a really good PC. I have UTX for US and Europe, and for high altitude flying, it is fine. 

t

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I picked up VUO in their sale - makes for nice short flights between starks

Curious what your performance is like there?  And do you have their freeware Portland Cityscape installed too?  ORBX stuff performs quite well for me (in v4) but something is flogging my computer when I fly into/out of VUO.  I'm off to do more testing there.

Thanks,

Greg

35 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Curious what your performance is like there?  And do you have their freeware Portland Cityscape installed too?  ORBX stuff performs quite well for me (in v4) but something is flogging my computer when I fly into/out of VUO.  I'm off to do more testing there.

Thanks,

Greg

I would like to get VUO as well but I find performance is not great in the PDX area so Im wary of getting it. Any insight from current users here would be great.