Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

A2A Bonanza in the A2A Store

19 minutes ago, NeilC said:

ps. The trim on my yoke runs the trim wheel extremely slowly compared to all my other aircraft.  When trimming on final, I have to hold the back trim button for what seems forever.  Is there any way of changing this?

Edit the aircraft.cfg.

elevator_trim_limit     = 19.50000 //19.50000

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Neil, check your breakers.  Your COM/NAV1 may be popped.

The trim speeds are using the default controls in P3D/FSX.  Which is slow then after a delay, should be very fast.  So when on the ground, just hold the trim in one position and see if this works this way for you.

Jose, be aware that changing that limit multiplies the entire speed by 5x. This also means your smallest increments are increased by 5x, and you will likely not be able to trim the airplane to level flight.

Scott.

Might be a problem that I use FSUIPC for axis and button assignments.  I have the "repeat" box ticked for the elevator trim using the trim switch on the left of my Saitek yoke, but for some reason it is really running slowly.

Great plane, now please do a twin 😀  Maybe a proper D18S?

beta.gif

21 hours ago, n4gix said:

And yet  someone here that has flown the real one for over 10 years said the real plane is not that touchy. I am thinking of putting the flight model from one of my other (have two from different developers) V-Tail's in place to calm it down,.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

What does the 2D instrument window do by the way? (the one you select in the MTX hanger)

beta.gif

1 minute ago, warbirds said:

And yet  someone here that has flown the real one for over 10 years said the real plane is not that touchy. I am thinking of putting the flight model from one of my other (have two from different developers) V-Tail's in place to calm it down,.

I absolutely love the way it moves around in the air.  For me, P3D aircraft all fly like they are on rails.  There is hardly any correction required when landing in strongish winds.  X-Plane is too far the other way, but the bonanza seems to have it about right!

• Like 1

beta.gif

10 minutes ago, Scott - A2A said:

Neil, check your breakers.  Your COM/NAV1 may be popped.

The trim speeds are using the default controls in P3D/FSX.  Which is slow then after a delay, should be very fast.  So when on the ground, just hold the trim in one position and see if this works this way for you.

Jose, be aware that changing that limit multiplies the entire speed by 5x. This also means your smallest increments are increased by 5x, and you will likely not be able to trim the airplane to level flight.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

No problems using my GF-LGT trim wheel.

With so many controllers out there, it's great that you included a sensitivity slider on all your GA fleet.

Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I find the model pretty smooth and easy to handle. I got my retractable gear time in a Bonanza and found it a sweet and powerful a/c to fly. A2A's model responds exactly as I remember. 

Had the A/P and comms disconnect during a flight in the A2A - had to locate the breaker and reset it to get them back - nice touch. Actually had that happen IRL during an approach - was a very busy time.

Love this a/c.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yup, it's another masterpiece. A2A is, without doubt, the premier FS developer. Now if they'd just make a DC-3...

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It's a great aircraft, but I also find it to be a tad oversensitive during the takeoff roll at times. I have my PPL, and while I've never flown a Bonanza in real life, I just find it hard to believe it's that unstable during takeoff.

What's weird is sometimes I'll manage to takeoff the Bonanza fine enough, without significant issue. However, most of the time, just making minor rudder corrections to track the centerline will result in the Bonanza lurching right, then left, run off the runway, almost tip forward, and then making sharp 360 degree donuts on the grass.

For all I know, maybe this is how it actually performs in reality. If that's the case, I'll probably stay well away from actually flying the Bonanza! That said, I find the attention to detail in this aircraft quite remarkable. It performs well in the air, and during landing. I just find the takeoff characteristics a tad odd.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:17 PM, vgbaron said:

I find the model pretty smooth and easy to handle. I got my retractable gear time in a Bonanza and found it a sweet and powerful a/c to fly. A2A's model responds exactly as I remember. 

Had the A/P and comms disconnect during a flight in the A2A - had to locate the breaker and reset it to get them back - nice touch. Actually had that happen IRL during an approach - was a very busy time.

Love this a/c.

Vic

Hey Vic  you didn't answer my question about the single yoke Bonanza. I always wondered if the yoke can be swiveled over from one seat to the other in flight. I've never seen a real one. If you don't know that's OK. Just a matter of curiosity.

Vic green

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

Hey Vic  you didn't answer my question about the single yoke Bonanza. I always wondered if the yoke can be swiveled over from one seat to the other in flight. I've never seen a real one. If you don't know that's OK. Just a matter of curiosity.

Hi Vic,

The single yokes are called “throwover yokes”  and they can be thrown over in flight - looked for a video doing same - didn’t find one in my quick search... Not ideal for primary flight training... The rudder pedals also fold up to make a great deal more room for a passenger that’s not a pilot... There are aftermarket kits to convert to dual yokes if so desired and installation is pretty simple - need a A&P to sign off on it though...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

17 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Vic,

The single yokes are called “throwover yokes”  and they can be thrown over in flight - looked for a video doing same - didn’t find one in my quick search... Not ideal for primary flight training... The rudder pedals also fold up to make a great deal more room for a passenger that’s not a pilot... There are aftermarket kits to convert to dual yokes if so desired and installation is pretty simple - need a A&P to sign off on it though...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott. I've wondered about that since I was a kid after seeing a picture of a single yoke Bo in Flying Magazine. Appreciate the information.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Thanx Scott - missed Vic's question.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On 9/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, RioPilot said:

It's a great aircraft, but I also find it to be a tad oversensitive during the takeoff roll at times. I have my PPL, and while I've never flown a Bonanza in real life, I just find it hard to believe it's that unstable during takeoff.

What's weird is sometimes I'll manage to takeoff the Bonanza fine enough, without significant issue. However, most of the time, just making minor rudder corrections to track the centerline will result in the Bonanza lurching right, then left, run off the runway, almost tip forward, and then making sharp 360 degree donuts on the grass.

For all I know, maybe this is how it actually performs in reality. If that's the case, I'll probably stay well away from actually flying the Bonanza! That said, I find the attention to detail in this aircraft quite remarkable. It performs well in the air, and during landing. I just find the takeoff characteristics a tad odd.

Hello Rio, I'm thinking something is wrong, I've not experienced that nor have I seen it mentioned by others.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's