Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Need a new twin turbo...King Air or Cheyenne?

Well the Cheyenne might have more features, but its current cost is about 47 bucks!!! yikes! A tad much for a GA aircraft...imho...30 bucks for the BE20....I own the BE20 but not the PAY2....and I really enjoy the BE20.... 17 bucks less too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Personally, I prefer the Cheyenne, however the King Air is an amazing product. Both aircraft have exceptional panels, 2D and VC. I find the Cheyenne more enjoyable because it's flight dynamics are more forgiving for landing. You can take a break from it for months and go back without having to relearn like the B200. The B200 (King Air) loves to bounce and can be tricky to land. They both handle really well in turns though, unlike a lot of add-ons that are overly sensitive in pitch.I guess it comes down to being able to land better without too much practice, and having a better GPS than the default with different skin.Both planes are being updated for FSX, just so you all know.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Anyone know if Digital Aviation's PA-31T Cheyenne will be released for FSX?

Yes, they're doing it now, so hopefully soon.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I've read all the post's in this thread. Why don't you guys head off back to FS9 and enjoy flying them like they are supposed to fly?Seems that you are all suffering? LOL :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Because I just can't fly in FS9 anymore. I keep coming back to FSX. And that includes on this stupid slow (by today's standards) laptop. I can't say what it is. I'm just more comfortable there.I've always liked using VC's better than 2D cockpits, so it's probably the way you can use the mouse to look around that makes it work for me.Keep those fully usable vc planes a'comin'!(now if I could just figure out how to keep my mouse on the button when my head's bobbin' around :-) Seriously, what's needed is a "snap-to" function for gauges so that when your head is moving around, the mouse hand stays on the gauge it's closest to, similar to what's been used in solid modelers for years)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest jonny-jo

Hi Guys,Having read this thread I got so keen on the King air I downloaded it today ( I live in Western France, so its the only way) I have loaded it into FSX so far so good, but can I take it as read that the 2d panel will not work in FSX! apart from that the aircraft is terrific! or as we say here "magnifique" Thanks,harryrupertDell XPS DimensionP-4 3,2 GHZ3GB CorsairATI X800XT2 WDC 74GB 10krpm iSoundBlaster Audigy 2XP Pro (SP2)

Guest jonny-jo

Hi Thomas,Sorry I should have said: the Aeroworx Super King Air B200.harryrupert.