Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Prices Intel Coffee Lake Procs Are Skyrocketing due shortage

Well now....Last year there was a shortage of 1080TI's and all the sudden prices jumped and then we get a fake release of the new 2080 GPUs and the prices are pure stupid and oh my, now we dont have enough parts for the newer 8086 and 8700s so up go the prices not to mention that we better run out and pre-order the 9900's because we are really going to be short of parts for them so up go the stupid prices again. Is any one else seeing a bit of a pattern here? What is next the great Beer and Popcorn shortage of 2018 and 2019. We want even be able to enjoy our snacks while watching folks yelling at one another about how great the specs are on the new kits even if you can't buy them.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Those are European prices.  

As an American, I can still walk into my local Micro Center and pickup an 8086k for $380, 8700k for $320, 8600k for $240, 8400 for $180, and on and on the list goes.  

Due to shortage ??  No my friend, it's called greed... robbery.  Some businesses do this on purpose to make more easy money in weeks, rather than years. Hey those executives need a new yacht, 25,000 diamond rings, another get together "party," and a new Bentley for the new lover.. etc,.etc... (I know... sounds crazy, but this is real life). 

--For the same reason ^ gas prices go up every time there's something in the news.  Is it necessary to raise the prices? Nope!  Again  it' called greed and robbery. There is so much oil and gas reserves in the world that it could go on for the next  50 years without having to dig for more. 

Edited by joemiller

From the article:

" Weirdly enough this all is still good news for Intel, as they can sell as much as they can deliver. It's just on the consumer and business side that due to these shortages, prices go up. "

Basic economics at play here.  The principles of supply and demand.  When demand for an item remains constant or increases, but supply decreases, the price of the item increases.  Couple that to a growing economy in which paying more for anything becomes less painful and you can see pretty rapid inflation of prices.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Supply and demand, and global shortage?  Doesnt explain why the prices in Europe are 30--40% more than North America. Must be a regional component involved.  Easy compare from Switzerland. The Swiss Franc is near on par with the USD and electronics like computer parts have been roughly the same for awhile.  Now all the CPUs are way more. Hmm 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Because US prices shown are without VAT and without European custom duties.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

The prices in Europe are higher no trade deal with the US remember, and theirs not likely to be, and with the trade war with china it will probably push prices up.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg