Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Fulcrum Yoke demonstrated at Cosford FS Show

Hi Ray we will have a working demo that you can try in sim just like last year and another yoke to get your hands on and examine but not connected to a sim.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Thanks Chris. Look forward to trying it out.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I’ve just got back from Cosford, I went with a charged credit card intending to come home with a yoko plus ,however I’ve returned empty handed.

On ray’s recommendation I went to have a look at the fulcrum., it’s fair to say I was blown away by the quality and feel of this yoke, but most of all by the price point. The difference between the fulcrum and the yoko is, I believe just Down to your own personal preference on feel and ergonomics, I couldn’t perceive any difference in build quality or function when trying the fulcrum and yoko back to back, and yet the fulcrum is going on sale at just 35% the cost of a yoko+, as the Americans say ....you do the math !

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I too visited Cosford today with the main intention to try to find my next yoke, the contenders being: Honeycomb, Yoko+ and Fulcrum (whose progress I have been following closely and the favoured buy...).  I was not impressed by the Honeycomb at all, it didn't feel like much of an upgrade from my current, long serving, CH FlightSim Yoke and although the Yoko+ was very nice I felt the Fulcrum was the best of the bunch, I really couldn't fault it.  I had a good chat with Chris and Jo and felt it was a really well engineered piece of kit, built to last and the fact they are looking at producing a throttle in the future means they deserve my business (British company too - Bonus).  I'm not sure about the price being 35% of the Yoko+, my understanding was it would be around the £450 mark incl VAT, give or take...

My only concern is they will sell out of their current stock and the website will crash before I get chance to click the 'Buy' button and won't get it before Christmas!  🙂

John

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, John B said:

I'm not sure about the price being 35% of the Yoko+, my understanding was it would be around the £450 mark incl VAT, give or take...

Evening John,

The price given at the show for the fulcrum was £429 including vat, maybe some extra for delivery I guess.  Chillblast, the U.K. distributor for virtual fly have the yoko+ at £1249 inc vat for sale at the show and on their website ( the euro price on virtual fly’s website doesn’t include tax or delivery)

I come up with that being 34.3% 🙂

cheers

Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

You sometimes wonder how some companies price their kit. I fail to understand how the Yoko can cost as much as it does when the basic design differs in bungee cords compared to steel springs in the Fulcrum. I think the Fulcrum may even have a couple more buttons.

The price to U.K. customers has obviously been increased because of the weak Pound Sterling against the Euro. So when there is so little to choose between two quality units the one unaffected by Sterling’s weakness is the obvious choice. And as I live one hour’s drive from the company that is another important factor.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wonder if Chris will have a distributor for North American customers or just purchase and ship from the U.K. I suspect that will depend on sales?

Looks very nice, been looking for a good affordable yoke for sometime. Thanks Ray for all the info you have posted regarding this yoke!

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Jon,

You're quite right, I hadn't factored in VAT etc., that makes the Fulcrum even more attractive, and as Ray pointed out it does indeed have a couple more buttons.

All things considered, I can't wait to have one attached to my desk and computer!

Fingers crossed it will be available for delivery in time for Christmas 🙂

John

Very excited to read these reviews. I was also planning for a future Yoko+ yoke, but now I will go for sure for the Fulcrum yoke. Can't wait for it to be released. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Was a potential release date discussed at Cosford?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

2 hours ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Was a potential release date discussed at Cosford?

In all probability in December.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you all for the kind words an support, it is appreciated and keeps us motivated!

Release will be before Christmas but I don't have an exact date yet. I'm at our production partners first thing tomorrow to try and get a handle on things.

Yes correct £429 including vat so remember to remove vat when pricing if you are outside the UK/eu.

We are not using distributors in North America or anywhere actually. Sales are direct from us. We are using UPS for worldwide delivery so postage will be calculated and added at checkout depending on where you are. Obviously you will have full tracking with that.

We have had enquiries from a few distributors from various parts of the world that we will be having discussions with once we have launched. We are not rushing into that, this is not a quick cash in, it is a product line for enthusiasts and needs to be done right.

Chris

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 10:51 PM, tutmeister said:

this is not a quick cash in, it is a product line for enthusiasts and needs to be done right.

Not something you hear too often these days. 👍

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

23 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

@tutmeister

Do you have an estimate for total cost in USD w/shipping to zip code 55122?

Not yet but soon, just finalising things with ups this week.

• Like 2