Davinci36

how to set Parking Brake independet from Differantial Brake

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I looked all over the P3D v4.3 settings and i can't find the right setting. The Problem is that if i press the differential braking the parking brake is automatically released but i don't wan't that. I want that the parking brake only releases when i do so and not on its own. Does anyone now how to set differential and parking brake totally independent from each other?

Thank you a lot for Your help

Best regards from Berlin

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As far as I know all real life aircraft work that way, LM likes to stay as realistic as possible. You will not find an in-sim setting to override that behavior. Maybe there is a third party app that will allow you to do that.

Share this post


Link to post

Yup, Jim is correct, most aircraft will release the parking brake if you activate the brakes on the rudder pedal. You might be able to assign it to operate otherwise with something like FSUIPC.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

As far as I know all real life aircraft work that way, LM likes to stay as realistic as possible. You will not find an in-sim setting to override that behavior. Maybe there is a third party app that will allow you to do that.

Many do but not all. On a CRJ you have to depress and hold the brake pedals with considerable force to be able to pull up and rotate the mechanical parking brake handle to the locked position. If you don’t depress them far enough, the handle won’t lift. You have to do the same when releasing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Many do but not all. On a CRJ you have to depress and hold the brake pedals with considerable force to be able to pull up and rotate the mechanical parking brake handle to the locked position. If you don’t depress them far enough, the handle won’t lift. You have to do the same when releasing it. 

Disregard. 

Edited by Bobsk8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Davinci36 said:

 Does anyone now how to set differential and parking brake totally independent from each other?

Yes. Welcome to the world of P3D where you can easily adjust the parkbrake to work like in most airliners.

Just add this line in the aircraft.cfg in the brakes section: 

[brakes] 

parking_brake_linked_to_toe_brakes = 0

Edited by J35OE
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

where in the world, (or P3D) did you learn that method?

Share this post


Link to post

There are literally hundreds of little settings one could tweak by going through the cfg files line by line. Years ago one of the guys from Aces posted  a bunch of these undocumented "adjustments" for FSX.

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, J35OE said:

From the P3D SDK. http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php

(I'm not aware that this entry was already available for FSX).

I'm not sure this was available either - I was speaking generally. Don't have FSX installed any longer so can't check.

Vic

Share this post


Link to post

Just tested in FSX, it works.. Diff (toe) brakes will not release parking brakes individually but with both diffs applied (or period key) the parking brake releases.

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

There are literally hundreds of little settings one could tweak by going through the cfg files line by line. Years ago one of the guys from Aces posted  a bunch of these undocumented "adjustments" for FSX.
Vic

Vic, do you have a link to these or a scratch sheet with the undocumented mods?

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

Just tested in FSX, it works.. Diff (toe) brakes will not release parking brakes individually but with both diffs applied (or period key) the parking brake releases.

Vic, do you have a link to these or a scratch sheet with the undocumented mods?

Right after posting that I started looking. Several system builds later and can't locate the file. ☹️

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks a lot for the discussion and the advice. I will try and let you know how it worked out.

thanks a lot and best regards from Berlin

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now