Recommended Posts

Looking For Eastern Airlines Repaints to v3,  Beta.  Also wondering if the default DC3 or MAAM repaints will work on Manfreds v3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

C-47??  Default DC-3 or MAAM repaints will probably not work.

c-47.eastern_airways.zip in the AVSIM Library for Manfred's C-47

 

C-47.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

A fine repaint if I may say so. :happy:

Just Click Here

Nah!  Looks like it was done by someone wearing a hat!:happy:  Oh, I just checked....I'm wearing a hat, too!  I just posted a pic in my first post.  great paint, Ron:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not what I am looking for.  Eastern Airlines, started by Eddie Rickenbacker, WWI Spad Ace. Operated out of Miami, Fl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, oldngray said:

Not what I am looking for.  Eastern Airlines, started by Eddie Rickenbacker, WWI Spad Ace. Operated out of Miami, Fl.

This one??  You will have to Google search texture_eastern(dot)zip.

 

eastern.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I met Eddie many years ago at a book signing in NYC. I fine gentleman he was, and willing to spend a few minutes talking flying with anyone buying his book. I have that autographed book and will hand it on to my son [also a pilot] someday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot find it.  Have searched Google, all sim related .  If you find it would appreciate knowing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

Right here in the library -- shhh..
7f33e4ccf067e922cec0f93b0488fca9.jpg
It's for V2 but the paints work nicely in V3
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=182940
texture.eastern_319252.zip

Thanks!  I looked for it in the Library but only came up with the Eastern Airways.  Found it outside but don't like to link to outside sources.  The latest download for the C-47 has a V2 model in it.

Interesting, I just did the Google search and it was the 5th item on the page.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The key to finding it here was right in your aircraft select screenshot..
"Repaint by Richard Wisman" :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

The key to finding it here was right in your aircraft select screenshot..
"Repaint by Richard Wisman" :cool:

Yeah, I usually forget about searching by author.  That's what happens when there ain't no hair on top to keep the brain warm!:happy:👴

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

It's for V2 but the paints work nicely in V3

This repaint works beautifully in V3, as you say!

I am curious however as I have tried to use some other V2 repaints in V3 and they just won't work - does anyone know why this Eastern repaint works and others don't? Or what might need to be done to V2 repaints to get them to work in V3?

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scianoir said:

I am curious however as I have tried to use some other V2 repaints in V3 and they just won't work - does anyone know why this Eastern repaint works and others don't? Or what might need to be done to V2 repaints to get them to work in V3?

Ran across the same thing, some work some don't. Haven't really gone into it too far but would hazard to guess it is in the alpha of the textures or something because the mapping of textures are about 99% the same. MJ had mentioned the very slight differences between V2 & 3 but just don't remember. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

Ran across the same thing, some work some don't. Haven't really gone into it too far but would hazard to guess it is in the alpha of the textures or something because the mapping of textures are about 99% the same. MJ had mentioned the very slight differences between V2 & 3 but just don't remember. 

Thank you. I think you're probably right about it being something to do with the alpha channels but I don't know enough about those to start fiddling with them! In the readme that comes with the V3.12 Beta download they point out that further information about using V2 repaints in the V3 can be found in the C-47 V3 release thread at the Sim-Outhouse FSX forum but, despite searching through this for over an hour, I haven't been able to find it!

Still, I have managed to successfully transfer a few repaints over simply by modifying the texture.cfg file as well as the usual modifications to the aircraft.cfg file and I have more than enough C-47/DC-3 liveries to keep me buy for many hours of flying so I will have to be content with these!

Bill

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now