Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Should I get the FSLABS A320?

Hi Simon,

I'll chime in here and agree that the FSLabs A3XX series aircraft are top of class for Airbus add-ons, and specifically for simmers interested in all the nuts and bolts.  I will add, though, that with my setup (see sig below) the performance definitely struggles more than all the mentioned PMDG birds, and especially in heavy weather.  In my specific case, my numbers are more like what some1 posted here:

6 hours ago, some1 said:

FSL A-320: 32-35 fps

PMDG B-748: 41-43 fps

PMDG B-737: 43-47 fps

I don't believe you'll be disappointed with the A320, but as you state, you may have the adjust some settings to get the max enjoyment.  Have fun!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

29 minutes ago, Chock said:

The exterior modeling of the FSL is not its strongest point (it is the best simulation of an Airbus, or any other airliner in P3D/FSX for that matter), but there are others which are better in their visuals...

Many thanks, good to know.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

The FSL docs, to be honest, appear to be something of an afterthought.  Very sparse and underwhelming...definitely not anything comparable to what PMDG provides for its add-ons.  It's especially problematic, because anyone not already conversant with Airbus technology and terminology (e.g. MCDU vs FMC, green-dot etc), managed vs selected mode, normal vs alternate vs direct control laws may not ever come to appreciate what is actually built into the add-on.

I tend to rely on knowledge gained from using previous ScareBus add-ons.  A pity when you have to go to 12-year-old PSS docs from an old FS9 add-on to answer a question.

Regards

Thank you Bob, for sharing your thoughts about the manuals.  Very grateful for your insight, and looks like I am just going to save money for PMDG 747+Expansion for now.  I need the manuals/detailed tutorials, paying top dollar for this ultra expensive addons.  I will reconsider FSLabs once the manuals are there.

Thanks to the Op for asking questions about FSLabs and allowing me to tack my question to this thread.   

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Thank you Bob, for sharing your thoughts about the manuals.  Very grateful for your insight, and looks like I am just going to save money for PMDG 747+Expansion for now.  I need the manuals/detailed tutorials, paying top dollar for this ultra expensive addons.  I will reconsider FSLabs once the manuals are there.

Thanks to the Op for asking questions about FSLabs and allowing me to tack my question to this thread.   

As mentioned above, there are VERY detailed (free) manuals on the internet like Smartcockpit.com.  Additionally, there are extremely good tutorials from Blackbox711 on Youtube that you can search and get everything you need regarding your questions.  I haven't had the need to open the manual with all of the info that is out there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

There are good tutorials, as mentioned (see Blackbox711 on YouTube), including a good pdf-based tutorial that comes with the aircraft itself. There won't be available the kind of manuals that come with the PMDG Boeings, simply because Airbus hasn't made them available to FSL.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

One of the best FSL A320 Guides around https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-fsx-fslabs-a320/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I really love it.  I still haven't perfected ground handling though.  It always pulls to the left for me.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I'll chime in a bit here, just to add a slight wrinkle on this;

It is an amazing plane, to be sure.  For me, however, I am plagued my micro stutters that have actually mostly driven me out of the FSLabs cockpit.  I think there are a few of us out there with similar problems, too.

I have it since the beginning and found - very much unlike most people - that the more the added into the plane the worse it became for me.  The last update - 266, I believe - was the first update that slightly reversed the trend.

i8700k overclocked to 5.1, Windows 10 Home 64, P3Dv4.3. 970GTX

Cheers,

Daniel

Oh my gosh thank you all so much for the help. I wasn’t expecting this many responses at all! I have decided I am going to wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there are any flash sales if not though I for sure need this plane. I have done loads of research and already own the as a320 pro. And it’s a great plane but I need faliures and immersion. I am also super excited because I have a super old Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS X as my joystick and am soon upgrading to the Warthog HOTAS. super excited! Once again thank you all so much for all your help it’s been great. I will report back about performance once I get the new stick and bus. THANKS!!!

Simon S.

One thing that you'll get with the FSL Bus, Simon, is immersion. Tons of it. From the moment you attach the GPU and power it up. The sounds on this thing are very, very good indeed. It really has spoilt me for pretty much anything else unless I'm in the mood for a long haul jaunt.

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

27 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

One thing that you'll get with the FSL Bus, Simon, is immersion. Tons of it. From the moment you attach the GPU and power it up. The sounds on this thing are very, very good indeed. It really has spoilt me for pretty much anything else unless I'm in the mood for a long haul jaunt.

+1

I have never experienced an immersion factor and sound environment as is present in this addon. Absolutely superb!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471