Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

AI Malcontent's ERJs?

I've been updating some of my AI recently and came across AIM's repaint texture for P3D model. According to a post at AIG, the model isn't P3D ready, is it just an incorrect description in the ReadMe file?

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

This is correct, the AI Malcontent models are almost entirely not updated to a P3Dv4 compliant variant. If I am not wrong, the owner of the model simply does not give the permission to do so, sadly.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I look forward to the day when new models of the ERJ 135/145 and CRJ 200 are released for P3D v4. Our AIM should be to wipe out all malcontent in the freeware flightsim community.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Raven AI is developing the ERJs and the CRJ200, it already has the CRJ7/9/X and the EJets

Santiago de Larminat

You can also use modelconverterx to convert those AIM models to work in P3d. There are some tutorials on how at AIG. The reason why they haven't done it and released it for everyone is due to copyright issues as the original author hasn't granted permission for users to do so. 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

RAVEN AI Roadmap

CRJ-200v1 - 2018
E-jet Series v1.5 - 2018-early 2019
CRJ Series v1.5 - early 2019
ERJ Series - Late 2018-2019
A330-900 - 2019 some time

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The reason why they haven't done it and released it for everyone is due to copyright issues as the original author hasn't granted permission for users to do so.

Yes, and that's the part that annoys me. Why do some people insist on forcing the rest of the community to keep reinventing the wheel? It should be a case of.....someone updates the model....and the rest of us use it. It isn't rocket science.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, and that's the part that annoys me. Why do some people insist on forcing the rest of the community to keep reinventing the wheel? It should be a case of.....someone updates the model....and the rest of us use it. It isn't rocket science.

Sadly, some freeware developers get very annoyed when other people take their work, modified it and then take credit for it.

I have stopped a couple of people from taking credits for my freeware, so I can relate. However I agree with you, there is no reason to be so stubborn, you can just oversee the process and ensure people still know you are the original developer.

But everyone is different, he might have his reasons.

Regards,

S.

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Why do some people insist on forcing the rest of the community to keep reinventing the wheel?

If I had to guess, egos? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Getting a cool and up to date AI models and paints have always been a chore in every single version of the simulator. It takes incredibly huge amount of work to get things right if AI is your thing. I love AI, I fly for work on weekly basis and I'm always glued to the window checking airport ops. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.