Gabe777

Importing Presets from Other Aircraft - Issue

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Why are the button or key assignments not being transferred at the same time ?

 

It is this part which is the most time consuming !!!

 

Thnx

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

14 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

It is this part which is the most time consuming !!!

 

You could start using Named Assignments (p.73 of the manual)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah... thnx for that - Guilty of not reading manual. Ashamed !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you have slightly different assignments for each aircraft.  The problem I have is importing presets to a similar aircraft.  I just purchased the BAe146 and Avro, there are 4 or 5 variations of the same aircraft and after I set up one of them i wanted to import to the others, the camera import is fine but all button and key assignments are gone.  Is there any way to import these as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MarkW said:

after I set up one of them i wanted to import to the others, the camera import is fine but all button and key assignments are gone.  Is there any way to import these as well?

I certainly agree with this. I made an error with a couple of imports and (I assume) that is why that view is ruined throughout my hangar

 

Neal H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this could do with being looked at.

 

All the names are imported, as are some other stuff, like the Camera Transition details. But why not Key Assignments ?

 

Cannot believe this has not been done over the last 2 (?) years ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, why can't I set ALL motion effect OFF, for ALL views in ALL aircraft ?

 

It seems, I have to type Understood 8 times for EACH view I have - that's 80 times at present !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 7:43 PM, MarkW said:

The problem I have is importing presets to a similar aircraft. 

Hi guys,

 

this is my only "complaint" about ChasePlane. If you use the example of PMDG 747, seven variants of -400, re-designate all hotkeys again, for all internal and external cameras is an ungrateful job. Even if we take the NGX (with its -600, -700, -700WL, -800, -800WL, -900, -900WL), it's a large amount of cameras that need re-designing.

Apart from what I wrote up there, I think it's one of the best addons ever made, wonderful.

It certainly made our life a lot easier, but it could make it easier if it let us import "all" the parameters of a camera.

 

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cristiano Mueller said:

this is my only "complaint" about ChasePlane. If you use the example of PMDG 747, seven variants of -400, re-designate all hotkeys again, for all internal and external cameras is an ungrateful job. Even if we take the NGX (with its -600, -700, -700WL, -800, -800WL, -900, -900WL), it's a large amount of cameras that need re-designing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keven;

A thousand apologies. I had read about it in the manual, but I had not understood how to do it. Please forget what I wrote in the post above. I was wrong, I admit.

Thanks for posting the video, things have now gotten a lot easier really.

Outstanding work!!

 

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I too must prostrate myself at the alter of RTFM !

I am a poor excuse for a non-manual reader.

I am sure the answers are around if I looked.

Loving it more every day, but still having lots of freezing. Luckily it reboots easily enough.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with the fact that it uploads new settings all the time. If it does, maybe settings would be best saved locally, and upload/sync with the cloud when CP is closed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

I have a feeling that it may be to do with the fact that it uploads new settings all the time. If it does, maybe settings would be best saved locally, and upload/sync with the cloud when CP is closed ?

It backs up everything in the background when nothing is happening. CP will not freeze as a result of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, it remains a mystery.

No biggie. I can live with it, as it doesn't crash the sim.

Could take a millennium to narrow down the cause, and I haven't got that long !

 

Thnx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now