Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

Importing Presets from Other Aircraft - Issue

Hi,

Why are the button or key assignments not being transferred at the same time ?

It is this part which is the most time consuming !!!

Thnx

14 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

It is this part which is the most time consuming !!!

You could start using Named Assignments (p.73 of the manual)

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

What if you have slightly different assignments for each aircraft.  The problem I have is importing presets to a similar aircraft.  I just purchased the BAe146 and Avro, there are 4 or 5 variations of the same aircraft and after I set up one of them i wanted to import to the others, the camera import is fine but all button and key assignments are gone.  Is there any way to import these as well?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

30 minutes ago, MarkW said:

after I set up one of them i wanted to import to the others, the camera import is fine but all button and key assignments are gone.  Is there any way to import these as well?

I certainly agree with this. I made an error with a couple of imports and (I assume) that is why that view is ruined throughout my hangar

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

10 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Where is the manual please ?

https://oldprop.com/documents/manuals/ChasePlane.pdf

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Yes, this could do with being looked at.

All the names are imported, as are some other stuff, like the Camera Transition details. But why not Key Assignments ?

Cannot believe this has not been done over the last 2 (?) years ??? 

Also, why can't I set ALL motion effect OFF, for ALL views in ALL aircraft ?

It seems, I have to type Understood 8 times for EACH view I have - that's 80 times at present !

On 11/18/2018 at 7:43 PM, MarkW said:

The problem I have is importing presets to a similar aircraft. 

Hi guys,

this is my only "complaint" about ChasePlane. If you use the example of PMDG 747, seven variants of -400, re-designate all hotkeys again, for all internal and external cameras is an ungrateful job. Even if we take the NGX (with its -600, -700, -700WL, -800, -800WL, -900, -900WL), it's a large amount of cameras that need re-designing.

Apart from what I wrote up there, I think it's one of the best addons ever made, wonderful.

It certainly made our life a lot easier, but it could make it easier if it let us import "all" the parameters of a camera.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

1 hour ago, Cristiano Mueller said:

this is my only "complaint" about ChasePlane. If you use the example of PMDG 747, seven variants of -400, re-designate all hotkeys again, for all internal and external cameras is an ungrateful job. Even if we take the NGX (with its -600, -700, -700WL, -800, -800WL, -900, -900WL), it's a large amount of cameras that need re-designing.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven;

A thousand apologies. I had read about it in the manual, but I had not understood how to do it. Please forget what I wrote in the post above. I was wrong, I admit.

Thanks for posting the video, things have now gotten a lot easier really.

Outstanding work!!

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Yes, I too must prostrate myself at the alter of RTFM !

I am a poor excuse for a non-manual reader.

I am sure the answers are around if I looked.

Loving it more every day, but still having lots of freezing. Luckily it reboots easily enough.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with the fact that it uploads new settings all the time. If it does, maybe settings would be best saved locally, and upload/sync with the cloud when CP is closed ?

41 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

I have a feeling that it may be to do with the fact that it uploads new settings all the time. If it does, maybe settings would be best saved locally, and upload/sync with the cloud when CP is closed ?

It backs up everything in the background when nothing is happening. CP will not freeze as a result of that.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Okay, it remains a mystery.

No biggie. I can live with it, as it doesn't crash the sim.

Could take a millennium to narrow down the cause, and I haven't got that long !

Thnx