Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

Majestic Q400 Cold-Dark Startup

On 5/4/2013 at 5:04 AM, kiwikat said:

I fail to see how/why a plane this involved was released without an option in the configuration manager to start it cold and dark.  I would have thought beta testers would have brought that up right away.  It seems like a very small thing to add that would make a lot of people happy, myself included.

To me it is like buying a luxury car without a very standard feature, like power windows.

Please add this in the future!  Please! :smile2:

This is a really old post I know, but it is still like this !

In P3D v4 Pro version..... option for C and D, not working as it should.

Really don't get it.

Yes, that was a VERY OLD Topic!  I have split you off from it.  Necroposting is highly frowned upon.☠️ Care for some cheese with your whine?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Care for some cheese with your whine?

🤣 Apt

Just in case it's not clear - the Q400 does have a 'cold and dark' start configuration.  You access it through the Majestic control panel.

You can also load panel state from the FMS iirc?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

50 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

You can also load panel state from the FMS iirc?

Precisely. I did it last night.

Thanks. I suspect the OP doesn't know about the FMS panel states, and when using the MJC84 CPAN didn't run it with administrator rights which means it can't save any setting changes.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I've always wondered why people get offended at "necroposting".  Who cares how long it's been since the last post in a thread... If someone wants to contribute something on topic to a discussion, doesn't it make more sense to keep these things in one thread vs separate threads based on age? That's always struck me as odd... 

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

6 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

I've always wondered why people get offended at "necroposting".  Who cares how long it's been since the last post in a thread... If someone wants to contribute something on topic to a discussion, doesn't it make more sense to keep these things in one thread vs separate threads based on age? That's always struck me as odd... 

Yes, IF they are contributing/adding to the help or fix.  In that case their post would be left alone or maybe it would be split off into a new topic with the same topic heading.  Unfortunately a lot of people dig up old posts just to complain.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 11/28/2018 at 4:49 AM, charliearon said:

Yes, that was a VERY OLD Topic!  I have split you off from it.  Necroposting is highly frowned upon.☠️ Care for some cheese with your whine?

Here's another necropost.  That is one of the rudest posts I have seen.  No wonder Avsim has the reputation it does with mods posting like that.

• Like 2

This moderator should resign or be kicked off. What a rude little insulting person you are. The op question is valid and helped me cause I see in several youtube videos that the option for cold and dark are there in their controlpanel. In my controlpanel there are no option for it under the flight config tab. I have the q400 for p3dv4.