Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Rockliffe

Update Shader Issue?

Recommended Posts

I have posted on the Toga forum, but as posts sometimes take a while to respond to, I thought I'd throw it out here too.sI have updated Envshade to the latest version, which I understand to be P3d v4.4 compatible. Unfortunately, each time I reactivate a scenery in the library, or install a new scenery, the bright areas of ground textures are 'blown out', too white, over exposed. I then have to reinstall Envshade to correct the issue, which incidentally, doesn't always work first time. I had to reinstall Envshade twice before it corrected the issue the last time I had the problem. This may or may not have any connection to Envshade, I am just reporting what has happened. Does anyone have any ideas? https://ibb.co/SKqdX5g          https://ibb.co/58t7Jg5 cor


Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Hiya, Howard.

   Not sure there is a p3dv4.4 compatible version of Envshade, unless you're updating it from a forum post on Toga's forum. I just bought it and downloaded what simmarket had and when I load my settings via Envdir I get a message saying it's not compatible. Now by saying that, it still works for me but either isn't updated to see this update as a supported version, or it still needs to be optimized. I actually found your post from a Google search on a different Envshade issue where the installer would skip my registration (not give me the chance to register it). I figured it out myself but during the process of searching my hard drives for remnants of an earlier install today I found several locations. I saw folders and files in documents and settings, program data and my documents. Some of these were user config files that maybe it's reading and corrupting something. To make things more difficult the folder names weren't the same. Sometimes it said; "Toga" while others the root folder was "Simmarket". I once again uninstalled Envdir, Envshade and Envtex, then deleted all of these folders and files (the one in Program Data was under simmarket and was a license which is most likely why it was skipping the registration process and tossing .net errors). After I did all that everything worked fine. Maybe look in these locations and do the same just in case it's finding dual settings/configs and causing you issues.

 

One other thing is be sure to delete your shaders folder in "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders" (though, you might have to change it to your own name 😛 ) . This folder will rebuild next time you launch P3d but I'm betting you already know this procedure.

 

A while back when I bought Envtex and PTA, and URL, etc, etc, I somehow hosed certain files that caused the "whites". These were fx files. The corrupt files that caused the issue were in my \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder.

 

The files were:Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh. There were also two others in the \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess folder. They were; FXAAResolve.hlsl & HDR.hlsl.

 

If it seems to be working sometime, and not others, I would suspect either a rights issue (having it installed in the program folders directory or other windows dead zone) or at some point it isn't being run as admin. From looking at your specs I would be willing to bet you don't install in those default folders but that's just what it sounds like (other than what I first mentioned of remnants somewhere that are tossing a wrench in the turbine).

 

Hope this helps.


Sig.jpg

i7-5960x ~ MSI Godlike ~ 128 Gb Corsair 2800 DDR4 ~ EVGA GTX Titan Z ~ 5 Samsung SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

 

Dan Prunier

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Turbine777 said:

Hiya, Howard.

   Not sure there is a p3dv4.4 compatible version of Envshade, unless you're updating it from a forum post on Toga's forum. I just bought it and downloaded what simmarket had and when I load my settings via Envdir I get a message saying it's not compatible. Now by saying that, it still works for me but either isn't updated to see this update as a supported version, or it still needs to be optimized. I actually found your post from a Google search on a different Envshade issue where the installer would skip my registration (not give me the chance to register it). I figured it out myself but during the process of searching my hard drives for remnants of an earlier install today I found several locations. I saw folders and files in documents and settings, program data and my documents. Some of these were user config files that maybe it's reading and corrupting something. To make things more difficult the folder names weren't the same. Sometimes it said; "Toga" while others the root folder was "Simmarket". I once again uninstalled Envdir, Envshade and Envtex, then deleted all of these folders and files (the one in Program Data was under simmarket and was a license which is most likely why it was skipping the registration process and tossing .net errors). After I did all that everything worked fine. Maybe look in these locations and do the same just in case it's finding dual settings/configs and causing you issues.

 

One other thing is be sure to delete your shaders folder in "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders" (though, you might have to change it to your own name 😛 ) . This folder will rebuild next time you launch P3d but I'm betting you already know this procedure.

 

A while back when I bought Envtex and PTA, and URL, etc, etc, I somehow hosed certain files that caused the "whites". These were fx files. The corrupt files that caused the issue were in my \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder.

 

The files were:Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh. There were also two others in the \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess folder. They were; FXAAResolve.hlsl & HDR.hlsl.

 

If it seems to be working sometime, and not others, I would suspect either a rights issue (having it installed in the program folders directory or other windows dead zone) or at some point it isn't being run as admin. From looking at your specs I would be willing to bet you don't install in those default folders but that's just what it sounds like (other than what I first mentioned of remnants somewhere that are tossing a wrench in the turbine).

 

Hope this helps.

Did you download the update file it`s separate from the main file, I updated some days ago, 


i7 7700K 4.8 \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/5/2018 at 5:35 AM, Turbine777 said:

Hiya, Howard.

   Not sure there is a p3dv4.4 compatible version of Envshade, unless you're updating it from a forum post on Toga's forum. I just bought it and downloaded what simmarket had and when I load my settings via Envdir I get a message saying it's not compatible. Now by saying that, it still works for me but either isn't updated to see this update as a supported version, or it still needs to be optimized. I actually found your post from a Google search on a different Envshade issue where the installer would skip my registration (not give me the chance to register it). I figured it out myself but during the process of searching my hard drives for remnants of an earlier install today I found several locations. I saw folders and files in documents and settings, program data and my documents. Some of these were user config files that maybe it's reading and corrupting something. To make things more difficult the folder names weren't the same. Sometimes it said; "Toga" while others the root folder was "Simmarket". I once again uninstalled Envdir, Envshade and Envtex, then deleted all of these folders and files (the one in Program Data was under simmarket and was a license which is most likely why it was skipping the registration process and tossing .net errors). After I did all that everything worked fine. Maybe look in these locations and do the same just in case it's finding dual settings/configs and causing you issues.

 

One other thing is be sure to delete your shaders folder in "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders" (though, you might have to change it to your own name 😛 ) . This folder will rebuild next time you launch P3d but I'm betting you already know this procedure.

 

A while back when I bought Envtex and PTA, and URL, etc, etc, I somehow hosed certain files that caused the "whites". These were fx files. The corrupt files that caused the issue were in my \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder.

 

The files were:Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh. There were also two others in the \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess folder. They were; FXAAResolve.hlsl & HDR.hlsl.

 

If it seems to be working sometime, and not others, I would suspect either a rights issue (having it installed in the program folders directory or other windows dead zone) or at some point it isn't being run as admin. From looking at your specs I would be willing to bet you don't install in those default folders but that's just what it sounds like (other than what I first mentioned of remnants somewhere that are tossing a wrench in the turbine).

 

Hope this helps.

Hi Dan, many thanks for the full and concise reply, much appreciated. Hmm, I am away from my sim for a while, but I am 99.9% certain I updated Envshade with a new 4.4 compatible upgrade from the forum. However, I did another reinstall of the client and purposely didn’ Install Envshade this time. I also ensured the cfg. and shaders were deleted. At first this seemed to work, but for some obscure reason the issue has resurfaced. I will revisit your advice tomorrow when I will be with my sim and check things out in more detail. I’ll let you know how I get on. Cheers.

 


Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

FYI, last week simMarket provided to customers two links to v4.4 compatibility patches (Envshade_patch_1.0.5.exe and Envtex_patch_1.1.6.exe).

No issues with this updates, everything looks fine to me.

Cheers,


Massimo Burti

 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg   24.jpg

 

i7 4790K 4.00GHz ¦ Asus Z97-Deluxe ¦ Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3-2133 16GB ¦ Asus GTX 1080-8G Founders Edition ¦ ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Gsync ¦ Win10 Pro on Samsung 850 Evo, 500GB ¦ P3D on Samsung 850 Evo, 1TB¦ CH Eclipse Yoke ¦ Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Red

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/5/2018 at 1:35 PM, Turbine777 said:

Turbine 777 wrote;

A while back when I bought Envtex and PTA, and URL, etc, etc, I somehow hosed certain files that caused the "whites". These were fx files. The corrupt files that caused the issue were in my \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder.

The files were:Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh. There were also two others in the \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess folder. They were; FXAAResolve.hlsl & HDR.hlsl.

What do you mean by this, are you saying to delete these files?

 

I've got the whites at the moment in certain areas.

 

I use PTA.

 

Cheers, Andy.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't own Envshade but I had the same issue with PTA.  Even though they made theses 4.4 'compatible' it appears the shaders have been changed by LM so prior settings are not going to look the same.  I fixed the bright white areas by disabling the terrain lighting section of PTA.  I think both programs will need some further tweaks to get them to look and work correctly in 4.4.

  • Like 1

Eric

P3D v5    i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I don't own Envshade but I had the same issue with PTA.  Even though they made theses 4.4 'compatible' it appears the shaders have been changed by LM so prior settings are not going to look the same.  I fixed the bright white areas by disabling the terrain lighting section of PTA.  I think both programs will need some further tweaks to get them to look and work correctly in 4.4.

Interesting Eric. This may all be academic from my point of view, I think I am going to do a full install of Win10 and V4.4😪

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Rockliffe said:

Interesting Eric. I think it may all be academic from my point of view, I think I am going to do a full install of Win10 and V4.4😪

I had to make adjustments to my 4.3 PTA preset to get better colors. PTA is still not fully updated. Water color still needs adjustment, but I can live with default water for a little while longer.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I had to make adjustments to my 4.3 PTA preset to get better colors. PTA is still not fully updated. Water color still needs adjustment, but I can live with default water for a little while longer.

It is correct that LM has changed the Shaders , especially the water.

V4.3 Shaders files will work to a certain degree. PTA users are advised to disable the Water Surface Tweak.

This sunday I will take a look at my preset and will afjust it to make it look good in V4.4 too.

I might have to manually adjust the water outside PTA till Matt will come with an update ...

  • Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It is correct that LM has changed the Shaders , especially the water.

V4.3 Shaders files will work to a certain degree. PTA users are advised to disable the Water Surface Tweak.

This sunday I will take a look at my preset and will afjust it to make it look good in V4.4 too.

I might have to manually adjust the water outside PTA till Matt will come with an update ...

I check the default terrain numbers with PTA, matched those to my preferred preset and the light green ground textures were history. The water, that's another story.

I look forward to your updates.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, rjfry said:

Did you download the update file it`s separate from the main file, I updated some days ago, 

Thanks, Raymond. I updated it via Endir, but it obviously didn't take. I got it all straight now.

9 hours ago, vhufo said:

What do you mean by this, are you saying to delete these files?

 

I've got the whites at the moment in certain areas.

 

I use PTA.

 

Cheers, Andy.

Definitely not, Andy.

The shaders in the ShadersHLSL folder you don't touch. It was a shader program that corrupted mine over a year ago and I noted my fix. Sounds like the issue is as Gerad and others have said. If you disable whatever your shader injector of choice is, and delete your shader folder "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders" and don't have the issue then it's clearly just the profile/ini settings being used by that program.

 


Sig.jpg

i7-5960x ~ MSI Godlike ~ 128 Gb Corsair 2800 DDR4 ~ EVGA GTX Titan Z ~ 5 Samsung SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

 

Dan Prunier

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    18%
    $4,720.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...