Sign in to follow this  
HarryTwine

HDR Issue?

Not sure if this is a specific problem with the 747 because I have tried other aircraft and haven't had the same issue. 

Not sure whether it is dynamic lighting or the tomato preset I use; but whenever in the PMDG 747 at Heathrow the vc always goes dark even with full dome light on and the exterior is very light.

This is with full dome light on. Another thing, when moving to the overhead panel or down to the pedestal trhe dome loght seems to appear again (if you know what I mean ) but once moving back to the captain position it goes dark again... 

unknown.png?width=830&height=467

Also, if I go under any stand light at the airport then it lights up the vc. Once i've moved away, it goes dark again.

Very frustrating and only happens in the 747. Have tried FSLabs at heathrow and have tried different airports, only happens at Aerosoft Heathrow. 

Anybody have a similar issue or know a fix?

Thanks.

I've had this happen to and if you turned away into a different direction they started working again. I wondered if this was something to do with the P3D cap on the number of dynamic lights?

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I have a suspicion but it‘s not more than that, so please don‘t take it as a 100% valid thing:

PMDG resolved the „problem“ with the white square (light sensor) in VR so this might be the reason you only experience it in the 747. 

second: Aerosoft uses some strange lighting at some of their airports, I don‘t have Heathrow but it‘s a little older if I remember correctly so I could imagine that they „tricked“ their lighting without actually using DL. Stuttgart for example is always quite bright at night, regardless off where you are. This „amount of light“ might make the 747 think it‘s daytime and so it doesn‘t show the cockpit lights as PMDG still uses textures as light. 

Please try this:

in the CDU, go to PMDG Options and search for an entry where the light is being corrected. Unfortunately I can‘t tell you te correct location or wording but I know it‘s there. Turn it off or to „low“. This help me once in Stuttgart. 

Tomato or PTA might increase the effect further but I think the main issue is AS‘ airport lighting.

Ok,

Thanks all for your ideas. Will have to have a look. I have heard from Aerosoft's forum that the direction of the aircraft might be the issue.

1 hour ago, johnnycrockett said:

I've had this happen to and if you turned away into a different direction they started working again. I wondered if this was something to do with the P3D cap on the number of dynamic lights?

Wil experiment...

Thanks

29 minutes ago, HarryTwine said:

that the direction of the aircraft might be the issue.

sorry, but that's a typical Aerosoft excuse.. It's the direction of the aircarft and we can't do anything about it... Just don't turn the aircraft to the east.. lol.

AS likes to mistake a trigger for an issue, this makes life easier. I had some discussions with them in the past about issues that clearly were caused by the laziness of some people and NOT by the 3rd part airplane developers but hey, AS has limitations xD All I earned were downvotes on their forum from their mods.. so what shall I expect ther? 🙄😁 For me AS ended up on the black list.. 

My all time highlight was a white airport as soon as we were in december while all the surroundings were in normal fall colours, as it IS around Frankfurt.. So you fly into EDDF, everything is brownish, except the airport: a white patch.. looks awful. The answer was: "fly in november or past december 21st. :DDDD

Edited by Ephedrin

"P3D has a bug in selecting which dynamic lights should show when "too many" exist (in theory, the ones furthest away from your eye position should disappear, but the effect is unfortunately random). As a result, the dynamic lights inside the cockpit are lost when too many scenery lights exist."

That might have something to do with it. Although am not sure the default PMDG lights are dynamic? as I don't use them. But it sounds like your problem if you have EGLL DL turned on.

source = A post in FSL Forums the above quote is a reply from Lefteris.

I don't have any DL for airports turned on only the aircraft I use have/use DL. A huge fps saving.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This looks like a HDR adjustment issue to me.  It's bright outside creating a darker interior.... play with the HDR setting, never use the default HDR settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

I tried it earlier.

I moved around in circles on the ground. From 070 degrees to 160 degrees the cockpit dome light went off by itself, only in the vc view. When the camera moved to the side it turns back on... 

If you turn dynamic lighting off in P3D settings (just as a diagnostic) does it still happen?

My guess is it will not, and that would establish that it’s connected with DL (almost certainly the “maximum lights reached” mentioned earlier.

James

For what it's worth....

I just tried Heathrow in the Aerosoft Airbus Professional... no issues with lighting whatsoever, including facing all directions 360 degrees at several different Stands, and I changed the VC view using Hat Switch, Eye Point and Chaseplane.  Again, absoltuely no issues.

No custom shaders... which are known to cause the types of issues described.

For general information:  Aerosoft uses numerous scenery developers who create scenery products.  Aerosoft itself does not create them.  Mega Airport London Heathrow was created by Sim-Wings.

Best wishes to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

MOD NOTE: Please use the most descriptive title possible. When I saw this, I almost didn't open the thread before getting rid of it, as it seemed to be entirely irrelevant to PMDG products. Updated it so it doesn't look like people are trying to discuss other developers' products here.

On that note, it seems as if people are taking shots at other devs above. Please do not do this. A lot of developers actually know each other very well, and are friendly, if not at least professional.

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers