Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Possible flashlight for VC use in 4.4?

Hello @ll,

the LorbyFlashlight has been updated to build b03. You can now switch the diffuse light from white to red, and you can reposition the flashlight to the internal camera positions of the aircraft (if you are using the built-in camera system of the simulator). For example in Carenado aircraft, you could switch your camera view to one of the passenger seats that they usually have, and then make the light appear at that location too - still fully steerable. 

The dynamic lights used here are just effects files. You can edit them and adapt the lights to your liking (cone, range, brightness, color etc.). Files are in the installation folder of Lorby Flashlights and you edit them there too - they are linked to the simulator using the add-on.xml. So no copying of files anywhere is necessary.

What does not work is using the flashlight in the Avatar mode. In Avatar mode the simulator continues to transmit the location of the aircraft, not of the Avatar, and I can't access the Avatar object. Maybe some other time and/or P3D update. The only current way would be to use something like WAMA where you can leave the aircraft and "be" the Avatar instead of only "wearing it".

Donations: no, I don't do that. But you can always buy one of my commercial addons if you want, then both of us win.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

18 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

the LorbyFlashlight has been updated to build b03. You can now switch the diffuse light from white to red, and you can reposition the flashlight to the internal camera positions of the aircraft (if you are using the built-in camera system of the simulator). For example in Carenado aircraft, you could switch your camera view to one of the passenger seats that they usually have, and then make the light appear at that location too - still fully steerable. 

The dynamic lights used here are just effects files. You can edit them and adapt the lights to your liking (cone, range, brightness, color etc.). Files are in the installation folder of Lorby Flashlights and you edit them there too - they are linked to the simulator using the add-on.xml. So no copying of files anywhere is necessary.

What does not work is using the flashlight in the Avatar mode. In Avatar mode the simulator continues to transmit the location of the aircraft, not of the Avatar, and I can't access the Avatar object. Maybe some other time and/or P3D update. The only current way would be to use something like WAMA where you can leave the aircraft and "be" the Avatar instead of only "wearing it".

Donations: no, I don't do that. But you can always buy one of my commercial addons if you want, then both of us win.

Best regards

Brilliant little app 🙂 I have one request, can you add an option to minimize to the system tray instead of the task bar?

I'm confused is this FSLabs spotlight the same as Lorby Flashlight or are these two separate programs?

Ciao!

21 minutes ago, briansommers said:

I'm confused is this FSLabs spotlight the same as Lorby Flashlight or are these two separate programs?

2 separate programs, by 2 separate developers.

Will this work with the Majestic Q400 ? Afaik, it has been developed using the v4 SDK, but it does not have dynamic lights.

55 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Will this work with the Majestic Q400

I don't think so. My Q400 keeps crashing, so it is hard to test, but for how briefly it did work, I could not see the dynamic light effect in the VC.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

2 separate programs, by 2 separate developers.

Will this work with the Majestic Q400 ? Afaik, it has been developed using the v4 SDK, but it does not have dynamic lights.

It works like a charm with the Q400 and all other aircraft, even those which are not supposed to be compatible with dynamic lighting.

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

1 minute ago, kmax59 said:

It works like a charm with the Q400 and all other aircraft, even those which are not supposed to be compatible with dynamic lighting.

It works perfectly with the Q400 on my PC as well.

Thank you very much, Oliver. Just exactly what was needed.

Works beautifully with TrackIR. A very natural effect.

Have tested in Carenado T210, Navajo and Cheyenne; Alabeo 421C, Milviz 310R redux and Twin Comanche as well as RealAir Duke. All work perfectly.

Jesse

Edited by JesC

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The dynamic lights used here are just effects files. You can edit them and adapt the lights to your liking (cone, range, brightness, color etc.).

I would like to try some adjustments to the brightness. Could you give me some direction on which parameter to adjust? I just don't recognize which one would control that.

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

10 minutes ago, JesC said:

I would like to try some adjustments to the brightness. Could you give me some direction on which parameter to adjust? I just don't recognize which one would control that.

Thanks,

Jesse

Color End=255, 255, 255, 25

You can adjust the bold value.

For the light range you can adjust these:

X Scale=6.00, 6.00

Brigthness and range are linked 

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

25 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Color End=255, 255, 255, 25

You can adjust the bold value.

For the light range you can adjust these:

X Scale=6.00, 6.00

Brigthness and range are linked 

Thanks Maxime. Exactly what I was looking for.

15 minutes ago, briansommers said:

from what file?

Where is it located?

Files are located in Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons/Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4/Effect

Adjust for whichever effect you are using.

If I have it worked out right I believe they are:

fx_Lorby_flashlight.fx is the Lamp Type 2

fx_Lorby_flashlight_Wide_Red.fx is the Lamp Type 1 (Red)

fx_Lorby_flashlight_Wide_White.fx is the Lamp Type 1 (White)

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

48 minutes ago, JesC said:

If I have it worked out right I believe they are:

fx_Lorby_flashlight.fx is the Lamp Type 2

fx_Lorby_flashlight_Wide_Red.fx is the Lamp Type 1 (Red)

fx_Lorby_flashlight_Wide_White.fx is the Lamp Type 1 (White)

That is correct.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

22 hours ago, signmanbob said:

That's great Oliver.  Your like the Flightsim "Macgyver"!😏

Wow, I haven't watched that show in a while. Has it really been 30 years already?

You mean like building a nuclear bomb out of a pencil, a paper clip and a ball of wool? The resources are comparable… 🙂

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

I have just verified that the flashlight works on an Avatar too - if you select him in the "Vehicle->Select" dialog instead of activating the Avatar mode.

People who have my WAMA product or similar tool could then do their walk-around in the dark/dusk, using the flashlight. It seems to carry quite far in an outside view.

Best regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI