Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Possible flashlight for VC use in 4.4?

Hello @ll,

I made a prototype real quick, and I am curious if this is what you have in mind?

Best regards

• Like 10
  • Upvote 9

LORBY-SI

Looks good.

NAX669.png

21 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I made a prototype real quick, and I am curious if this is what you have in mind?

Yes, Oliver!
This is exactly what is needed.

I would prefer support for using this and ChasePlane together, but I'd be more than happy to take it as it is.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

29 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Best regards

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Where can the community download this? 

4 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Where can the community download this? 

At this stage it is just a prototype in my devel environment that I slapped together in under an hour - to see if what I had in mind worked. I wanted to make sure that this is worth pursuing, but you can have it as soon as I make an installer. The light needs more work I guess, and possibly the positioning logic.

This is just a simple dynamic spotlight effect - so it will only work in aircraft that support dynamic lighting. I'm not sure what the general status is on aircraft addons these days, if dynamic lighting is mostly supported or rather not (which would make this whole exercise pointless).

Not sure how it would cooperate with camera addons, but if they change the actual eyepoint position variables pertaining to the main view, it might. 

Best regards

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Yes, please publish this, Oliver! FSSpotlight is a work-around, but your tool is what I was looking for for years. In P3D 4, the problem became more pressing because of dynamic lighting.

Peter

Hello @ll,

OK, a first version including installer etc. is ready. If you want to test it, it is on the Lorby-SI website, section DOWNLOADS, way down at the bottom of the page.

I have to stress this again: this flashlight only works on aircraft that were made for P3D V4 and make proper use of dynamic lighting. It will do nothing on legacy addons that were made with old SDKs. To test if the flashlight is working at all, I suggest using the default aircraft in P3D, they all seem to work fine.

In-sim keyboard commands are available to control the app, please refer to the readme. After installing it, it will start and stop automatically with your sim / you will be asked by P3D to activate it. It installs to \Documents\Prepar3d V4 Add-ons, and it doesn't change any config files or settings of your sim. If you don't like it, just uninstall it and it should be gone without a trace.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 9

LORBY-SI

13 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

That's great Oliver.  Your like the Flightsim "Macgyver"!😏

+1.

Many thanks for this Oliver!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I can confirm this works like a charm with Chaseplane.
Nice work Oliver ! 👍

This is something we have in mind for quite some time at TOGA but we didn't have any time left to investigate and you finally did it whitin a few hours 😅

Is there any place where we could donate to you for your work?
For this (and all your other tools) you definitely deserves support !

Maxime
TOGA projects

4 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Best regards

Yes but could it be red?  Or even a white /red selectable ?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't begin to count the number of times I've had to switch the sim back to daytime just to find the bleeping light switches and the seemingly endless amount of time I've spent waiting for it to load. Well done!

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

11 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Is there any place where we could donate to you for your work?

For this (and all your other tools) you definitely deserves support !

Yes, I've already looked for this, too!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else