Hi

Yesterday I did a flight with RC that ended at Stockholm/Arlanda (ESSA) in heavy snow and low ceiling. It worked ok in beginning with vectors to an ILS 01L landing. Established on the ILS I was turned over to Tower and got a "clear to land". On a very short final breaking out of the clouds I see an AI-plane lined up for takeoff on the runway. I then get "go around" from the Tower. After a rather long go around a new ILS approach, got "clear to land" from Tower again and the same story, there is an AI-plane lined up. Of course "go around" again from Tower, but I didn't have time do to that so I landed anyway. This cost me the licence according to RC. I think the controllers also could get their licences withdrawn for letting planes line up in front of a landing aircraft. Seriously though, are the AI planes properly controlled in RC? I have UT Live.

/Esbjörn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RC will try to move Ai aircraft out of your way but it appears less successful now than in years gone by.

I’ve had the same problem but ignored the instruction. I get chewed up but it doesn’t stop me using RC. Until the underlying code is changed by L-M I’m afraid we’re stuck with it.

AiSmooth was a program released many moons ago and may help but Ai do tend to have a mind of their own.

Another option is to just kill the traffic in UTLive with Ctrl-T when a conflict like this appears, and then re-toggle it on after landing. 

I've played with automating this programmatically within a module I wrote to handle my custom flight controls, toggling off the traffic from landing lights on for takeoff until climbing through 3000 ft AGL, and from descent through 3000' AGL through landing lights off during the after-landing check.  Seems to work OK...prevents runway incursions such as the OP describes and keeps wrong-way/cross traffic from getting in the way, as well as improving performance during the takeoff/landing phases.  I'd guess that could also be done in a lua script with FSUIPC.

Regards

Bob, have you experimented with Traffic Zapper - part of FSUIPC. The Ai need killing before RC instructs you to go-around. I don’t know if it has the range.

Thank you for the Ctrl-T tip Bob. I will look into Traffic Zapper as well, thank you Ray.

3 hours ago, w6kd said:

........that could also be done in a lua script with FSUIPC. 

bob/all

indeed, pete has aifreezer.lua in his next fsuipc5 update

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85696-slewing-ground-ai-traffic/?tab=comments#comment-522206

stops "taxiout" traffic entering the runway after you lower the gear. works well though you may get "taxiin" crossing. then you can use the zapper and / or add it to the lua.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, vadriver said:

bob/all

indeed, pete has aifreezer.lua in his next fsuipc5 update

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85696-slewing-ground-ai-traffic/?tab=comments#comment-522206

stops "taxiout" traffic entering the runway after you lower the gear. works well though you may get "taxiin" crossing. then you can use the zapper and / or add it to the lua.

Looking forward to that. It takes the hassle out of dealing with runway-hogs. On the other hand, the shotgun boom of FSUIPC's zapper is very satisfying.

34 minutes ago, Dave Morgan said:

Looking forward to that. It takes the hassle out of dealing with runway-hogs. On the other hand, the shotgun boom of FSUIPC's zapper is very satisfying.

No need to look forward to it as it’s available now.

Ray,

Sorry to be dim. But where is this "aifreezer".

I have v5.15, which seems to be the latest and can't find any mention of such a thing!!

Ian Harrison

Ian,

In the Modules folder there's a documents folder where you'll find all Pete's stuff. In there should be another folder containing sample LUA files including aifreezer.

I remember with UTL a problem with the timing of UTL rendering AI late quite some time ago so RC didn't see that when doing a runway search prior to approach. Don't recall resolution.

The ctrl-T function was an advanced function in FSUIPC that you assign a keystroke function. It sets AI percent to zero and then restores your set percent to refresh AI. I don't recall if it is a traffic toggle. It was not available for all versions of FS. You'll find it in the advanced section of the FSUIPC documentation.

OK. I found the folder but it might just as well be written in Klingon. Way above my head.😖

I'll just keep on ignoring any incursions.