Sign in to follow this  
newtie

European airports

Time to jump across the pond. I've been USA bound for quite a long time (forever).

Any suggestions for a beginning start?

I'm running a 4770@4.4 with low/medium settings so that needs to be a consideration.

Thanks,

Mark

MK Studios Lisbon

also Aerosoft Cologne-Bonn

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Love the Polish airports by Drzewiecki Design.   Warsaw and Gdansk are beautifully rendered.  I'm a little biased since I flew there in person last May.  Also love Romania and Bulgaria.  Additionally, I just downloaded the Toposim Mesh for Europe and that makes a huge difference in the topography.  ORBX offers so many great areas of Europe.  Northern and Southern Germany, Ireland, and many smaller airports make Europe come alive.

Start small and just enjoy.

Stan

Digital Design has two nice ones Salzburg (LOWS) and Leipzig (EDDP).

And of course the essentials are FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM) and Orbx Innesbrook (LOWI).

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Aerosoft's (EDDK) Cologne/Bonn and Pilot's/LatinWings (LEAM) Almeria. These are good contenders for being the best European airports you can get for P3D. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed with either of them, both of them include some decent surrounding scenery as well as the airport itself and they both get great frame rates despite having loads of cool animated features.

LEAM in particular offers some picturesque approaches, since many of them take you over the Sierra Nevada mountains and plateaus of southern Spain, at fairly low altitude. This is the locale where classic Sergio Leone westerns such as A Fistful of Dollars and The Good the Bad and the Ugly were filmed.

EDDK runs incredibly well for such a detailed airport. I'm fairly certain the developer made some sort of pact with the devil to get those kind of frame rates with that amount of detail.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks guys. went over to Aerosoft and looked at EDDK. Says 4.3

Does this work in 4.4 OK?

Thanks,

Mark

I was exactly like you for years and years. After I caught the urge to fly abroad, I've filled up Europe with airports. People have already mentioned a lot of great sceneries but what helped me the most with flying overseas is a Navigraph Charts subscription. It is very handy to have worldwide charts available seeing as airnav.com won't do you any good over there 😄

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

flytampa eham or loww or copenhagen 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

since nobody said it, i'd say EBBR. looks gorgeous and so far has tons of potential