Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

55 minutes ago, slait said:

Given that the scenery is placed based on the underlying photoscenery, does it still look good using this method? Wondering if the landclass makes the scenery look out of place.

All seems to line up in London, but I don't study the scenery! 

Well I spluged out and bought TEGBC and TEGBN and also downloaded version 2 of TE GBS.

All in all I am very impressed. The frame rate is much improved and i feel, weather permitting, i should even be able to fly in and around London with some settings reduced a bit.

BUT three things bug me. Two relatively minor but the third is a real problem. i've not seen it mentioned here so I'm sure it must be specific to my system somehow, so I'll ask about this one first.

I already had Orbx London City (EGLC) installed and working well. After installing TE GBS2 I see this mstrosity:

WierdEGLC.jpg

Now if it wasn't for the colours this looks like it might be some sort of altitude discrepancy. But how and why? Both products are by Orbx!  By contrast EGLL looks fine, and that's Aerosoft on Orbx!

Does anyone have an idea (I don't use Orbx Vector -- far too heavy on my system). Do i need to post on Orbx support? I feel that there should be an easy fix for this!?

The two lesser complaints (though still quite annoying) are

* The Thames through London looks green. That is wrong. It tends to be a dirty brown, not blue, but most certainly not green! It is too fast flowing for so much algae or weed to grow!

* Many of the roads, especially in London, are still green, or at least have a green hue, looking more like country paths than tarmac or concrete roads. (This is the same as in version 1).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Any experience with the North and Central offerings? How's the performance/look of the new packages (outside of the issue mentioned above)?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well I spluged out and bought TEGBC and TEGBN and also downloaded version 2 of TE GBS.

All in all I am very impressed. The frame rate is much improved and i feel, weather permitting, i should even be able to fly in and around London with some settings reduced a bit.

BUT three things bug me. Two relatively minor but the third is a real problem. i've not seen it mentioned here so I'm sure it must be specific to my system somehow, so I'll ask about this one first.

I already had Orbx London City (EGLC) installed and working well. After installing TE GBS2 I see this mstrosity:

WierdEGLC.jpg

Now if it wasn't for the colours this looks like it might be some sort of altitude discrepancy. But how and why? Both products are by Orbx!  By contrast EGLL looks fine, and that's Aerosoft on Orbx!

Does anyone have an idea (I don't use Orbx Vector -- far too heavy on my system). Do i need to post on Orbx support? I feel that there should be an easy fix for this!?

The two lesser complaints (though still quite annoying) are

* The Thames through London looks green. That is wrong. It tends to be a dirty brown, not blue, but most certainly not green! It is too fast flowing for so much algae or weed to grow!

* Many of the roads, especially in London, are still green, or at least have a green hue, looking more like country paths than tarmac or concrete roads. (This is the same as in version 1).

Pete

Hi Pete,

Is there anything in the EGLC control panel that you need to enable or disable? There are a few .bgl files in the GB South scenery folder that pertain to EGLC. You might want to turn those .off just to test.

I'm using UK's version and aside from some texture bleed outside of the airport, it looks good.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

Is there anything in the EGLC control panel that you need to enable or disable?

No, I checked. I also got Orbx Central to check the files.

There's certainly an altitude problem. I checked "on the ground". Parts of the airport are a few feet higher than others parts, including hose taxiways with the big ugly arrow heads (are they correct anyway? I'll need to look on Google).

Next time I get my system on I'll check whether some GBS BGL is messing it up.

I've got the UK2000 version as well, but changed to the Orbx one as it performs better, and doesn't give me big stutters flying over it or approaching it.

I fixed the green thames by selecting different PTA shaders, but the main roads (and railways) are still green, looking more like tractors paths on narrow fields than proper roads.

Pete

Those "arrow heads" look like the default concrete taxiways in the AFD file. They should be masked by the custom taxiway/runway textures, but I assume that they are visible because of the elevation problems that you are experiencing. Do you have any other versions of EGLC London City that may be active? Any other ORBx software installed (like FTX England)?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I've got the UK2000 version as well, but changed to the Orbx one as it performs better, and doesn't give me big stutters flying over it or approaching it.

Pete

I get some fps drop, but no stutters. But, I only have GB and all the airports in GB enabled. So loading is fast and stutters are few.

Let me check the ORBX forum to see if there's anything on FTX EGLC.

Update from ORBX forum:

Scenery/World/Scenery  (check for any EGLC .bgl files)

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_EGLC.bgl (you might try removing that, if you have Vector installed)

[RESOLVED FOR ME]

It seems that the Configurator from EGLC Airport in FTX Central is not working correctly. In the Configurator you can select between True Earth GB South and ORBX Global Base or FTX England.

Normaly i think when u choose FTX England , the EGLC Files under ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery should set to off. But it dont work. 
I manually set the three EGLC Files in this Path to off and now it works perfect. I think this Problem is only when u use FTX England.

Necessary is to disable all THREE Files not only one . ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC.BGL, FTX_ENG_EGLC_objects.bgl and ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.BGL . All has to set to off . 

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Those "arrow heads" look like the default concrete taxiways in the AFD file. They should be masked by the custom taxiway/runway textures, but I assume that they are visible because of the elevation problems that you are experiencing.

Strange to have such weird "defaults". But, yes, i assumed it was all related to elevation problems somewhere.

Do you have any other versions of EGLC London City that may be active?

The UK2000 version is still installed but deactivated. It seems to be self-contained.

Any other ORBx software installed (like FTX England)?

All the GB TE series now, plus Ireland and N. Ireland regions, and TE Netherlands. Plus Europe Land Class. No Vector nor FTX England.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Update from ORBX forum:

Scenery/World/Scenery  (check for any EGLC .bgl files)

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_EGLC.bgl (you might try removing that, if you have Vector installed)

Thanks, but Vector is not installed.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Necessary is to disable all THREE Files not only one . ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC.BGL, FTX_ENG_EGLC_objects.bgl and ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.BGL . All has to set to off . 

Again, thanks, but FTX England is not installed.

I'm probably not going to have time to follow this up now till some time in January. But thanks to all for trying, and Happy Christmas!

Pete

The shape of those default taxiway connections is misleading, Pete. If you check out the AFD file in Airport Design Editor, you will probably understand why they look like that in your screenshot. It will be a combination of the "turns" in the taxiway connections with the runway, and the assigned width of the taxiway lines.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The shape of those default taxiway connections is misleading, Pete. If you check out the AFD file in Airport Design Editor, you will probably understand why they look like that in your screenshot. It will be a combination of the "turns" in the taxiway connections with the runway, and the assigned width of the taxiway lines.

Okay, thanks. Would that be the AFD file provided with Orbx EGLC, or could there be another? 

So maybe I only have to figure out why they (and some other parts) are higher than the rest of the airport (runway included), and perhaps, if it is a separate problem, why the colour is all wrong.

I don't really understand is how two products from the same supplier don't work together. One of the things you hope for when buying them so is that they match.

Thanks,
Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't really understand is how two products from the same supplier don't work together. One of the things you hope for when buying them so is that they match.

I absolutely agree with you on that point, Pete. It is why I was somewhat disappointed that apparently the ORBx UK airfields that were released in the past (before TrueEarth was developed) still display the white (winter snow) textures at this time of the year!! That really should have been corrected for TrueEarth GB users.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hope that they also take the time to correct that bridge west of the runway 09 threshold. The underside looks like a solid block in your video, Rob....but it should have multiple pillars with gaps between them. Is that bridge model part of the ORBx London City scenery package, or part of TrueEarth GB South?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hate 'No problem this end' type posts but here goes.

Like Pete, I have GB TE I, II and III + EGLC. EU LC and no Vertor (Vector is the root of aaaall evil) and I have no such arrows at EGLC. I did have a disappearing of the runway after touch down when everything including the apron was green. Subsequent flight there all was good.

I don't count frames but compared to episode one of GB South which was an absolute pig, part two is very smooth all along the river and over the city.

Major grouch is, as Pete said, green motorways filled with stationary vehicles causing mayhem for the moving ones. I have discovered that flying no lower than 1500' an absolute must. Then it's really quite nice. I won't be uninstalling it.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

18 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't really understand is how two products from the same supplier don't work together. One of the things you hope for when buying them so is that they match.Thanks,Pete

The EGLC product has a control panel and if it set correctly, it works with the region that is installed

around it. 

Neither option corrects the bridge.

Edited by Reader

I see that TrueEarth GB North for P3Dv4 includes a 20 metre mesh (not 10 metres as I was expecting). Thankfully, I still have the PlayHorizon 5 metre mesh, because a mesh resolution of 20 metres for Scotland is disappointing.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png