SunDevil56

OldProp PrecipitFX

Recommended Posts

Anybody using PrecipitFX from OldProp Solutions..?? 

The default P3D rain and snow wheel spray effects seem pretty bad and not very realistic to me, and apparently PrecipitFX can address that...

https://oldprop.com/sim/precipitfx/

Would love to hear from any of you who are using PrecipitFX...😎

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As far as I can tell apart from wingtip vortex on aircraft with flexible wings it's good. I still use it but I have wing tip vortex disabled. Oh and Old Prop don't give a rats behind about that! Just sayin'

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the reply Dave.

How would you describe the rain and snow wheel spray effects with PrecipitFX compared to the default effects..??

The default P3D rain/snow wheel spray effects just seem somewhat unrealistic to me, even when you are taxiing at low speeds on a wet or snowy runway it's like the wheels or brakes have gotten overheated, and are smoking badly...

I'd also be interested to hear about the jet wash effects if you have any comment on those..??

Anyway, PrecipitFX is very reasonably priced, so I may just give it a try.

Edited by SunDevil56

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Anybody using PrecipitFX from OldProp Solutions..?? 

The default P3D rain and snow wheel spray effects seem pretty bad and not very realistic to me, and apparently PrecipitFX can address that...

https://oldprop.com/sim/precipitfx/

Would love to hear from any of you who are using PrecipitFX...😎

I did; solid product for the price.  However, in my mind, it has been vastly superseded by Toga Projects Envtex.  Essentially, it does everything PrecipitFX does and A LOT more.  

https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envtex 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thinking its time for me to go Envtex 😀

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Avidean said:

I'm thinking its time for me to go Envtex 😀

It's well worth the price, Dave; it integrates well with SF4 and ACSA too.  Make sure you use Envtex for your sky colors; nobody does it better.  Also, they sell a cheap shader that's easy to use and integrates with Envtex.  Product is consistently updated and supported well...

Share this post


Link to post

I have just the base effects.  Worth it for the snow and rain viewing from the cockpit alone.  The rest our good and it's update often.  Support which I only used once has been excellent.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to hijack the thread but does Envtech integrate well with REX4 textures with soft clouds.? Or do I need to let that go and get SF4 of ACSA instead?

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but does Envtech integrate well with REX4 textures with soft clouds.? Or do I need to let that go and get SF4 of ACSA instead?

I use Envtech for there sky textures as there the best for giving real colours for the time season and location within ASCA. That’s the only part of ASCA I use, ASP4 for weather and SF for clouds and cloud structures.

Many prefer ASCA for clouds but I find them harsh and Rex soft clouds are to me the best looking. So I use Envtech/ASCA/SF with ASP4 all together.

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, I don't want to throw a wet towel on the Envtech fan club, I honestly just wanted to know if the wheel spray and jet wash effects that come with PrecipitFX are an improvement over the P3D default effects...

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't recomend PreciptFX nowadays, the detailed rain and snow of P3D v4 are WAY much better than what it delivers. As to wing vortex condensation it doesn't align and they don't fix it, so I just disable it. As to other effects to me they're pretty useless.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I don't recomend PreciptFX nowadays, the detailed rain and snow of P3D v4 are WAY much better than what it delivers. As to wing vortex condensation it doesn't align and they don't fix it, so I just disable it. As to other effects to me they're pretty useless.

Thanks Wanthuyr.

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

As to wing vortex condensation it doesn't align and they don't fix it, so I just disable it.

To be fair,  they sell other specialised products which include that bespoke effect. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now