Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[02MAR19] Humpty Was Pushed: PMDG Has Left the Building

FWIW, this PMDG goodbye announcement doesn't change a thing for me where AVSIM is concerned, and I suspect many others feel the same way.  I'll continue to frequent these AVSIM forums for as long as they exist.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I'm happy to hear the news, because the less time I have to spend on Avsim the better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dal330200 said:

I'm happy to hear the news, because the less time I have to spend on Avsim the better.

That is a terrible thing to say, and saying it in their forums is EXTREMELY poor taste my friend.  What in the world drives you to say something like that?

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

19 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yes. When people posted on the forum and had their name in the signature, PMDG could always pull up an order off of the name if it became necessary to do so. You could sign with a fake name, but if you then post a support issue that requires PMDG to pull up your order, pulling up the fake name would obviously result in nothing coming up.

Thanks. Understood.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I have learnt so much from Avsim due to the input from all our fellow flight sim people and  community.  Yes, we can operate an aircraft  but maybe not so much a flight sim computer with all the hidden complications.  And due to this site, I have become a master of P3D. It is a valuable resource without which a lot of us would be lost. Keep up the good work.  And thank you to all of you for your valuable input.                                                                                                                                                                              

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I've been coming here since 1998 and will continue to do so and donating too. If there's less traffic (nice dig at Avsim there *rolls eyes*), there's no need to pay for such a high bandwidth, simple. I don't remember many PMDG word not allowed frequenting other AVSIM forums, so I don't understand what the issue is, but then again I haven't spent much time on this forum due to a gestapo like moderating. Bye felicia.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

When a long term relationship breaks up acrimoniously you find yourself asking "wow, what kind of person have I lived with and trusted all these years?" 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

17 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Why did you spend the time reading this post and commenting when you could have been in your happier place and contributing there instead ? You wouldn't leave a social club in real life and then stick your head in the door and say "what a dump this is.. So long losers!" 

Or WOULD you? 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Listen guys,

In the end, PMDG opened their own forums on their own site. This was a business decision that they made and the determination was this would be best for them. There is no resentment here that they left. What we want to avoid is this turning into a flame fest between the 2 sites. We don't want any PMDG bashing here, it wont be tolerated and we dont want any Avsim.com bashing here as that is also frowned upon as well.

Avsim.com did not delete content so if you need to look up previous posts they will still be here. Posting in this forum now has the same requirements as every other forum, you must follow the Avsim.com TOS. Please be civil as you would in every other forum. If you have any further questions you can reach out to any of the staff here and we will be glad to answer whatever we can answer. Have a good night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

On 3/2/2019 at 5:21 PM, kevinh said:

Best of luck with that because Avsim has always been a place that expects users to follow the rules. That’s one of the reasons I like and respect it. PMDG only added the additional rule of requiring full real names. Partly to help track illegal users but mainly to encourage civility. Why some people equate forum anonymity with privacy is beyond me. Hiding behind a nickname online allows some people to behave badly in a way they would never do face to face. If you post in public you should be responsible for what you say. I’ll continue to follow PMDG rules in this forum even though their mods are no longer here to enforce it. I encourage others to do the same. Just because the police aren’t around is no reason to break the law.

+1

I have never understood the unwillingness and hostility, when it comes to disclosing ones full name in forums... 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1

I have never understood the unwillingness and hostility, when it comes to disclosing ones full name in forums... 

totally  agree   

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hopefully, it means all the PMDG sycophants will migrate to the new forum leaving the rest of us normal PMDG product owners to talk\advise on our PMDG products without:

a) having to sign your full name every time

b) having someone who isn't a PMDG employee OR moderator insist you sign your full name even though it had absolutely nothing to do with them.

The PMDG user to user forum here will continue to thrive, as will AVSIM, without the militant word not allowed above as so YAY!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1

I had my identity stolen... twice and I will NOT sign my full name anywhere on the internet ever again. You have no idea what it took to get everything straight, about 2.5 years to get my life back to normal. 

• Upvote 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

14 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I had my identity stolen... twice and I will NOT sign my full name anywhere on the internet ever again. You have no idea what it took to get everything straight, about 2.5 years to get my life back to normal. 

Interesting argument... Where do you live, if I may ask?

It's seldomly enough to directly steal ones identity by just using ones name - at least here in Denmark. If it was that easy, I could just use the phone-book 😉

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting argument... Where do you live, if I may ask?

It's seldomly enough to directly steal ones identity by just using ones name - at least here in Denmark. If it was that easy, I could just use the phone-book 😉

A phone book does not contain an IP address for a start (a direct link to that person's home neteork) . Anyway noone is forcing anyone to use their real name to get support. Only FORUM support. PMDG give great personal support via the email ticket system. I have first hand experience of that. Seeing as none of them are here anymore I'm not saying that to 'brown nose'. 

Can we all just move on and start the next chapter of AVSIM's golden journey of friendly support? Not brown nosing there because it's really been a great source of info thus far, plus I speak my mind freely here, name or no name. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK