pvupilot

Everything is washed out/blown out with new system and install

Hey guys,

I just built a new high end rig and it's awesome. But after installing P3Dv4.4, my scenery is really blown out, especially the greys. I've lowered the brightness and even turned off HDR, not much difference. I don't have screenshots just yet, I'll get those tomorrow. And it's also my first time on Windows 10 so I don't know if there is a setting there I don't know about. And it's a global issue, not scenery related. I never had this problem before and I'm stumped after doing some troubleshooting.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does new rig include new monitor and/or graphics card? I'm asking because it sounds like you may need to calibrate.

Try googling "Windows 10 Calibrate Monitor" and see what you can find.

No, I’m using the same monitor and GPU as before. Also carried over my icc profiles created using an xrite professional monitor calibrator. 

Check the color depth and dynamic range settings in nVidia Control Panel -> Change Resolution (scroll down to bottom of page in window).  Make sure you have dynamic range set to "full" and not "limited"

Regards

Thanks for that suggestion, I tried it and no difference. Here are some screen shots in different areas.

47266573142_8365fd38c3_h.jpg

46595725584_cd789b7e60_h.jpg

You're not alone.  I noticed the "white out" or saturated whites/grays once I started using P3Dv4.4.  Can be especially noticeable with photoreal scenery.  We test only with default files... no custom shaders or anything like that.  There is a thread about this in the LM forums.  Hopefully, they will take a look at what happened before v5 comes out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

You're not alone.  I noticed the "white out" or saturated whites/grays once I started using P3Dv4.4.  Can be especially noticeable with photoreal scenery.  We test only with default files... no custom shaders or anything like that.  There is a thread about this in the LM forums.  Hopefully, they will take a look at what happened before v5 comes out.

Well great, that's not the news I'd like to hear. It worked perfect on windows 7. So I'm wondering if there's something in Windows 10 that's not getting along...

Have you try to adjust your shadow settings in P3D?

5 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

Have you try to adjust your shadow settings in P3D?

How so? I've only messed with the quality. But it seems to be blown out even on clear weather settings where no shadows are present.

11 hours ago, pvupilot said:

Also carried over my icc profiles created using an xrite professional monitor calibrator. 

Have you tried calibrating the monitor under Windows 10?  I had to re-calibrate when I went from 7 to 10.

Greg

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Have you tried calibrating the monitor under Windows 10?  I had to re-calibrate when I went from 7 to 10.

Greg

No, I'll give that a try. I've used the professional xRite calibration tool and software (I do photo editing and printing) but that didn't help. The screen looks great in ever other application.

Just gave that a try, no difference...

Edited by pvupilot

UPDATE: It seems that I might have it solved... fingers crossed... I found it to be Envdir/Envshade that was causing the issue. I deactivated it and deleted my P3D shaders folder and now it's back to normal! It's a little bummer because Envshade really did bring the sim alive before, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't like v4.4 and Windows 10 (for me, it worked great in 4.4 Windows 7).

You can also up your Digital Vibrance setting to 54% in the NV CP.

Cheers
bs